Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suspension issued for EU Regional participant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

08-11-2012

Quote:
simpsonboy77:
This. Isn't a permanent ban supposed to be permanent?

Hosan's account is permabanned and will not be returned to activity under any circumstances; however, he is allowed to start a new account and level it up.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

08-11-2012

Quote:
Sigismund:
I agree with this sentiment. Why should he be treated more leniently simply because he plays in tournaments. Players who are deemed toxic to the point that they receive permanent bans should not be allowed to participate in any LoL games, tournament or not.

The fact that he was permanently banned would imply that he had received multiple bans in the past and that the had refused to change the manner in which he played and interacted with other players. He has ignored the warnings his punishment should be consistent across all forms of the game.

He's not being treated more leniently. He's being treated the same as anyone who violates the Tribunal System,

Additionally, we are imposing a punishment that fits his status as a high level competitive player.

Arance

08-11-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
He's not being treated more leniently. He's being treated the same as anyone who violates the Tribunal System.

Yes, but isn't the only reason other players who are perma-banned are allowed to make new accounts and play is because Riot has no technological ability to realistically prevent them from doing so?

Demonyzer

08-11-2012

yup, although this time they could actually track it a bit banning him from mayor events. This seems like a good fit though, the extra punishment

Koala Frenzy

08-11-2012

Quote:
Tryptomine:
Yes, but isn't the only reason other players who are perma-banned are allowed to make new accounts and play is because Riot has no technological ability to realistically prevent them from doing so?

But in acknowledging that you can't actually permaban someone from a free game, he's being treated exactly like anyone else with a permaban. The account is shut down. Everyone is free to create a new account, and so is he. Everyone gets infinite chances. All it costs is time.

Mokai

08-11-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:

Hosan is a young and talent League of Legends player who is capable of change and should have the opportunity to pursue his talents. If he were to continue his inappropriate in game behavior and have another account banned, then you can be sure the penalties would be harsher next time.

I mean no disrespect, but haven't various Rioters, on multiple occasions, argued that if a player works their way up to a permanent ban that there's generally no hope to reform them? I don't personally know this player, but if he ignored the warning signs of his 3 day/1 week/2 week suspensions, how will this time be any different? The punishment issued this player seems like a fair one, don't get me wrong, though I'm severely skeptical about their ability to reform.

Maxihzb

08-11-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
Hosan's account is permabanned and will not be returned to activity under any circumstances; however, he is allowed to start a new account and level it up.

i agree with that, he can create a new account, but he should be banned forever from the tournaments. i don't have any problem with him creating a new account, but a summoner that was banned shouldn't be allowed to participate in a tournament, no matter what.

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
He's not being treated more leniently. He's being treated the same as anyone who violates the Tribunal System,

Additionally, we are imposing a punishment that fits his status as a high level competitive player.

exactly, he's like above the law, right?

the famous 1%?

Mirror

08-11-2012

Quote:
RiotMarcou:
Banning him from all competitions seems disproportionately severe to his "crime." It also seems to not acknowledge that people can change (especially young, maturing adults) or provide him an opportunity to correct his behavior.

But you said he was permanently banned. Your support team has decided that he had ample opportunities to change his behavior, and that the League of Legends community would be better off without him in it.

Jassu

08-11-2012

Quote:
Mokai:
I mean no disrespect, but haven't various Rioters, on multiple occasions, argued that if a player works their way up to a permanent ban that there's generally no hope to reform them? I don't personally know this player, but if he ignored the warning signs of his 3 day/1 week/2 week suspensions, how will this time be any different? The punishment issued this player seems like a fair one, don't get me wrong, though I'm severely skeptical about their ability to reform.

Yes, but being suspended from a tournament and having his teammates discuss with him the matter of how his behavior has negatively affected his team may give him a different perspective. With that, maybe we can hope he'll change his behavior.

Quote:
Maxihzb:

exactly, he's like above the law, right?

the famous 1%?

No, his account is closed permanently. Where does it state that permanent bans also include permanently banning one from Riot events and LAN tournaments?

ChaosBloodterfly

08-11-2012

Quote:
Metronomotopoeia:
But you said he was permanently banned. Your support team already decided that he'd had ample opportunities to change his behavior, and that the League of Legends community would be better off without him in it.

Accounts get permanently banned. People don't.

Look at it this way:
In pro-sports, you can get kicked out of a game for unsportsman-like conduct, but they won't perma-ban you.
Hell, if you get caught using steroids, you don't even get permanently banned, you get a 2 year or so suspension (that was a couple years ago for [international] football, not sure if policy has changed or what it is for other sports).