Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Jarvan IV Is crying in a corner.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hakaishi

Senior Member

01-10-2013

Quote:
CertainlyT:
I love all dunkmasters equally.


If u love dunk master so much, u should have noticed that Jarvan is the weakest Dunk Master

Besides, most single click-cast ultimate have some form of knock somewhere AoE damage, eg Lee Sin, Nautilus, Vi, Xin Zhao, Wukong, etc.

Can't Jarvan b given a knockup with reduced ulti damage for all enemies at the ring where they will then land inside the ring - not an easy trick, so IMHO it will not be toxic and is worth an addition...

While his shield, most shields have at least some AP ratio except Riven, then some have some other forms of additional scaling


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS14b4c934b49e2140947ac

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Hakaishi:
If u love dunk master so much, u should have noticed that Jarvan is the weakest Dunk Master

Besides, most single click-cast ultimate have some form of knock somewhere AoE damage, eg Lee Sin, Nautilus, Vi, Xin Zhao, Wukong, etc.

Can't Jarvan b given a knockup with reduced ulti damage for all enemies at the ring where they will then land inside the ring - not an easy trick, so IMHO it will not be toxic and is worth an addition...

While his shield, most shields have at least some AP ratio except Riven, then some have some other forms of additional scaling


Garen honestly is the weakest dunkmaster.

His ultimate doesn't need a knockup it just needs to work reliably.

Yeah that ultimate will get him nerfed.

His shield values are actually ok, it's just the pitiful slow that is attached to it, 15-35% slow that is only active for 2 seconds, Jesus. I still feel that it should reapply the slow after his shield gets broken. Lee Sin for example gets a 30% aoe slow (including attack speed!) at level 1 that scales all the way to 60% at level 5 that lasts for 4 seconds. (To be fair it deteriorates over time.)

This also could be a bad comparison since this is Lee Sin's only CC outside of his ultimate and giving Jarvan MORE CC would be a potentially op thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vayven

Senior Member

01-11-2013

This is why I hate playing against Ezreal as J4.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS14b4c934b49e2140947ac

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
ForzaITApirlo:
This is why I hate playing against Ezreal as J4.


If you catch him off guard you can force him to blink, EQ to him and then ultimate after he flashes. This potentially leaves you in the enemy team so I hope you aren't in his fountain by then or 1v5.


Also learning when you know his flash is on cooldown you are really one of the best champions to chase him down honestly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yoshiro

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Jarvan + Fiddle or Malzahar or Soraka or anybody with silence or a good AOE.
Pick Smart and Play Smart. Its' a team game if one champion can do too much it is OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ïEdge

Senior Member

01-11-2013

If you think about it, making J4's ult impossible to escape via blink/dash/flash/etc. would completely remove its counter-play.
And we all know that Riot is in love with counter-play right now (see Vi for exemple)
The only thing I can think about is reducing the ult's cooldown at lower ranks or increasing its damage...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS14b4c934b49e2140947ac

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
ïEdge:
If you think about it, making J4's ult impossible to escape via blink/dash/flash/etc. would completely remove its counter-play.
And we all know that Riot is in love with counter-play right now (see Vi for exemple)
The only thing I can think about is reducing the ult's cooldown at lower ranks or increasing its damage...


Good thing i'm not asking for that then?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS14b4c934b49e2140947ac

Senior Member

01-11-2013

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorcery

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Fix his ULTIE. It's been broken since release and the new release of champions who all have an escape mechanism built into their kit.

It says "impassable" for a reason.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hakaishi

Senior Member

01-11-2013

Quote:
Ferrero94:
Garen honestly is the weakest dunkmaster.

His ultimate doesn't need a knockup it just needs to work reliably.

Yeah that ultimate will get him nerfed.

His shield values are actually ok, it's just the pitiful slow that is attached to it, 15-35% slow that is only active for 2 seconds, Jesus. I still feel that it should reapply the slow after his shield gets broken. Lee Sin for example gets a 30% aoe slow (including attack speed!) at level 1 that scales all the way to 60% at level 5 that lasts for 4 seconds. (To be fair it deteriorates over time.)

This also could be a bad comparison since this is Lee Sin's only CC outside of his ultimate and giving Jarvan MORE CC would be a potentially op thing.


R u a Lee Sin player or what?
Reading ur comparison, I see "Lee Sins, Lee Sins everywhere"
Pls don't make Lee Sin sound bad, he has 2 jumps, 2 shields, lifesteal, spell vamp, double slows, line AoE CC, way more utility than anyone else in the game.

Xin Zhao has a knock up (Three Talon) and a knock back (Crescent)
Vi has a knock up (Vault) and a knock up (Assault)
Nautilus has a pull (Dretch) and a knock up (Depth Charge)

Not to mention J4 requires EQ to knock up, Cataclysm doesn't thwart opponents anymore these days, anyone could just jump away, and the damage is not high compared to any other AoE ults considering it is a single target damage spell...