Death

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-13-2010
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronos Warrior View Post
So what happens when you kill a champion in a League fight. They obviously aren't really killed. How do they get brought back to fight again (respawning)? I know they can die normally outside of League fights (Sion and Urgot) So how does it all work?
No real deaths occur inside a Field of Justice while it is powered by a nexus. Runeterra's magic is quite powerful, and it allows for revival with a minimum of discomfort to the champion.

Falleth

09-13-2010

Quote:
No real deaths occur inside a Field of Justice while it is powered by a nexus. Runeterra's magic is quite powerful, and it allows for revival with a minimum of discomfort to the champion.
Then what happens when champion dies just before nexus is destroyed?

Serpentongue

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
I can't exactly remember who said it, but that guy claims that the nexus is bound to another nexus, because it respawns every game.

BraveryBeyond

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
The summoners are definitely bound to their champions in some ways (they feel pain when their champion does, see season one trailer).

I think you could say the reason behind the increased respawn time as the champion gets more powerful is that they're harder to control as they level more and more.. Which would also maybe explain why they can't pass level 18 (summoners can't control the champion after that?).

Idk, just a big guess.
The summoners feel pain because their minds are directly linked to one another. As is pointed out very poignently in every League Judgement, the inductee must open their mind to being taken control of, or at least guided in some fashion. It's always expemplified with a single line in every Judgement: “How does it feel, exposing your mind?” I think this accurately portrays the idea that both summoner and champion are completely linked, knowing every thought from past and present if they so chose to delve into the recesses of their minds. Pain is also a state of mind, by some beleifs, so it stands to reason that when a champion experiences pain, the summoner feels the backlash of the total mind synchronization they have going on.

As for summoner spawn time? The more powerful you are, the harder it is to rebuild you the same. Simple as that. =)

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

09-13-2010
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleth View Post
There's no sense of timing to worry about as far as the Fields of Justice are concerned. A battle arena is powered by a nexus (in come cases, more than one) that is independent of the nexuses used as an objective.

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

09-13-2010

Theoretical, that means that as long as one Nexus remains, both sides could be reanimated. If both however were destroyed, would that mean the Cut of the Cycle ?

Traestus

09-13-2010

Wouldn't the magics of the Fields of Justice just prevent that second nexus from being destroyed, since the battle is suspended once the first one falls? Even if they would go down within seconds of each other one would die first meaning the champions would be raised.

Zzilb

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3Reap3R View Post
Theoretical, that means that as long as one Nexus remains, both sides could be reanimated. If both however were destroyed, would that mean the Cut of the Cycle ?
I think we've misunderstood. What I took from his words were that the crystaline nexuses the Champions fight to destroy are not the Actual nexuses that get places like Kalamanda recognized. They are more akin to toys, or constructed extensions fed by the Actual nexus' power for the purpose of apprentice summoners conjuring minions and such. They were designed to be destroyed over and over as a goal of the sport and this has no lasting ramifications. There is no cut, because the true power isnt being destroyed.

IronLegion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
There's no sense of timing to worry about as far as the Fields of Justice are concerned. A battle arena is powered by a nexus (in come cases, more than one) that is independent of the nexuses used as an objective.
Are you telling me if I found a Nexus and went around doing Un-runeterrian things I could reanimate myself as many times as I wanted?

Vuther

09-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBabagahnoosh View Post
There is a fine line between resurrection and reanimation.
I'd mention the official definition of necromancy, but pop- culture's changed the direction of it very significantly, so I'm guess I'm cool with that explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLegion View Post
Are you telling me if I found a Nexus and went around doing Un-runeterrian things I could reanimate myself as many times as I wanted?
Theoretically so, but I'd assume it's really, really hard, otherwise nexuses would be practical nukes.

But, if the writers at Riot Games decide to go in that direction, that's fine too!