Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Girlplank] Formal Complaint About Bullet Time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kama Toki

09-12-2010

Miss Fortune's ultimate seems to have one of the longest ranges in the game. It honestly must match or even pass Janna's fully charged tornado.

I find that this distance is just too far, it definitely could use a bit of tweaking. Not only because it gives Kog'maw a run for his money, but due to glitchy fog of war, i quickly find that sometimes entire rows or sections of girlplank's ult tend to be invisible, making dodging a wide-angle spread really hard.

This is one of the reasons projectile based abilities like that really shouldn't travel so far in the first place. Unless riot can miraculously fix that "Skillshots are invisible when you can't see me" glitch, i think the mass projectiles from Girlplank's ultimate are a little too difficult to deal with when you're in a wall heavy area like the jungle. A good portion of them seem to end up invisible. Sometimes even the entire ultimate doesn't show up, and that really sucks when you have to dodge an invisible 90 degree cone of bullets.

What do you guys think about this crazy range she has? (Wow i honestly didn't expect downvotes, is having an invisible ultimate that covers a 90-120 degree angle at 2000 range really fine with the community?)

Filthykur

09-12-2010

I think the range is fine. She is a ranged DPS carry so it only makes sense to keep it how it is. Shoudl they lower the amount of bullets fired? Maybe... but the range is where it should be. The damage output is not game breaking. Just the waves of bullets are long in duration

Maikky

09-12-2010

obviously we should change here ult to kennen ranges right, stand in the front of the enemy team with no escape mech.

o wai-

Morzas

09-12-2010

Oh, look. A Kama Toki thread.

Milkshakes00

09-12-2010

Learn to stun, or to walk sideways out of it?

Escaping the cone = Easy.

If they widened the cone, but made it slightly shorter, it would even be *MORE* powerful.

Agrias Oaks

09-12-2010

Lower the range, up the damage.

The reason I feel its so long ranged is because she's so squishy with no escape mechanism. If she gets attacked, she has no way out. If the range gets lowered on her ult, the ratios would have to go up, or her other skills would need a few minor buffs to balance it.

Broseiden

09-12-2010

she is fine, its not like the cone does any huge amount of damage

Lord GiantR

09-12-2010

She does more damage with auto attacks. Do not nerf the range. Plus side stepping is easy to do

TiV3

09-12-2010

>"Skillshots are invisible when you can't see me" glitch
fix it!

but I agree that for now it shouldnt do damage as long as it's invisible. or as you suggested wider yet shorter cone. (till they fix that bug)

Indexus

09-12-2010

Quote:
Kama Toki:
Miss Fortune's ultimate seems to have one of the longest ranges in the game. It honestly must match or even pass Janna's fully charged tornado.

I find that this distance is just too far, it definitely could use a bit of tweaking. Not only because it gives Kog'maw a run for his money, but due to glitchy fog of war, i quickly find that sometimes entire rows or sections of girlplank's ult tend to be invisible, making dodging a wide-angle spread really hard.

This is one of the reasons projectile based abilities like that really shouldn't travel so far in the first place. Unless riot can miraculously fix that "Skillshots are invisible when you can't see me" glitch, i think the mass projectiles from Girlplank's ultimate are a little too difficult to deal with when you're in a wall heavy area like the jungle. A good portion of them seem to end up invisible. Sometimes even the entire ultimate doesn't show up!

Frankly i think it should have a slightly wider cone, over a shorter distance. But that's just my idea on the matter. What do you guys think about this crazy range she has?

It's a cone. The closer to her you are, the less AoE she has. For her to land a successful Ultimate, she has to be quite far from team fight, to catch as many people as she can on the furthest place in her Ultimate.

That puts her quite far from her team, so any decidacted squishy killer will roll her nicely. Like Kassadin - riftwalk and MF is in trouble.