The weakest link option

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GDestroyer

09-12-2010

Hey guys!

If you just had a game like I did where you singlehandedly lost because of two clueless people on your team that somehow got carried up to your elo range, I think there needs to be an option where the rest of the team can vote after the game and lower their ranking by 100.

Thoughts?

SmerfHunter

09-12-2010

That doesn't seem harsh enough, maybe every teammate that votes would lower it by 100. I just had a game where a 1300 rammus with half health thought he could gank a level 9 full health galio. ??? Definitely 900 material.

ObjectiveTruth

09-12-2010

I think you were in the same game i was with 2 cluless people

a 1/11 Warwick and a 0/8 chogath. Try winning with these 2 guys on your team

ModestRodent

09-12-2010

What if they just had a really bad game? Maybe it needs to have a "3 strikes" rule where if you get voted 3 games in a row you get lowered. A win for you team would reset the strikes.

Toros

09-12-2010

It'd be too open to abuse, especially with idiot premades.

aka, 4 guys pick eve, trynd, urgot, and ryze, with clarity revive, and then proceed to stack sunfires.

They flame you for 25 minutes at which point they surrender and all downvote you.

Stupid **** like that already happens, this would give trolls and "try-too-hards" (aka all tier 1 in normal), more griefing tools, and promote herd mentality (no revive panth, dispite being viable, would be above 200 elo)

NINailedYou

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModestRodent View Post
What if they just had a really bad game? Maybe it needs to have a "3 strikes" rule where if you get voted 3 games in a row you get lowered. A win for you team would reset the strikes.
It's one thing to have a bad play in a lane and give up first blood, but another to go back into the lane at an xp disadvantage and continue to die a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc time.

My teammate died twice and whenever he would return to the lane, would push the lane but mindlessly autoattacking and not even worrying about last hits. And when the lane was pushed, they would get ganked AGAIN. HOW MANY TIMES WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO LEARN?

The guys were 1350. I feel like an 1100 player should know to last hit and not push the lane

Lord GiantR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toros View Post
It'd be too open to abuse, especially with idiot premades.

aka, 4 guys pick eve, trynd, urgot, and ryze, with clarity revive, and then proceed to stack sunfires.

They flame you for 25 minutes at which point they surrender and all downvote you.

Stupid **** like that already happens, this would give trolls and "try-too-hards" (aka all tier 1 in normal), more griefing tools, and promote herd mentality (no revive panth, dispite being viable, would be above 200 elo)

He is talking about Ranked, where you can't have 4 man premades. Plus this would be only for Solo and duo queue.

Sabnitron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDestroyer View Post
Hey guys!

If you just had a game like I did where you singlehandedly lost because of two clueless people on your team that somehow got carried up to your elo range, I think there needs to be an option where the rest of the team can vote after the game and lower their ranking by 100.

Thoughts?
While that would be nice, it would be abused so hard and so fast.

ReverendSchu

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDestroyer View Post
Hey guys!

If you just had a game like I did where you singlehandedly lost because of two clueless people on your team that somehow got carried up to your elo range...
If you're playing singlehandedly, you're probably going to lose anyway.

SmerfHunter

09-12-2010

Can someone break down the elo ratings and what their skills are? I'm guessing it's like this...
900 - Mindlessly autoattacks, no map awareness, sub par builds
1000 - Mindlessly autoattacks, will respond to pings and b's, builds are ok for character but never adapts based on other team
1100 - tries to get last hits but messes up half of them, knows better than to chase into their jungle when they have low health as well, might change up build a little based on team comp
1200 - gets most last hits and knows better than to push the lane, has some sense when all mia, adapts builds based on who's fed on other team
1300 - gets almost every last hit, can keep lane exactly where they want it and zones out 2v1's or weak lanes, picks champs and builds that counter other team
1400 - gets every last hit, wards and gives out pings and mia's noting exactly where enemies are based on positioning and jungle creep count, can play every type of character and build them correctly

Does this sound accurate?