Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LêDêrp

09-12-2010

How am i supposed to build him?

When i play him, i start with a Doran's Blade and a HP Pot

then i build a zeal, then a guinsoos, then i finish phantom dancer

then we lose.

How do i build him so for once we win?

Groxo

09-12-2010

the best build is to play Xin or Garen instead. Jax sucks.

Grand Treason

09-12-2010

^ Sadly, but he is quite underwhelming at this point.

I suggest you use Crayz build on Leaguecraft, where you start out with Dorans Shield/ Hp Pot, Get Merc Treads or Ninja Tabi, Vamp Scepter at level 6 to get both Red/Blue Buffs quite easily, Bilgewater Cutlass/Phage, Guinsoos, Atmas, Frozen Mallet and a Magic Resist item, or Phantom Dancer as your last pick.

Malak al Maut

09-12-2010

I've been pondering this myself. I tried building survival but a simple Negatron cloak nullified Jax's average base magic damage.

Silverling

09-12-2010

Quote:
Silverling:

What I do is start with a long sword and a *potion, get Ninja Tabi, then Rageblade, Starks, Banshees, And then turn the long sword into either Bloodrazor or Frozen Mallet depending on if their team is tanky or not.

*I tend to chug potions in games, kinda helps early game

Seems to work well for me.

From the other thread. d=

Instau

09-12-2010

IMO this is how you should build him.

Boots and 2 HP Pots with 1 Mana Pot.
Ninja Tabi
Guinsoos
Phantom Dancer
Atmas
Frozen Mallet
Bloodthirster.

Then keep getting the three elixirs at the end.

LêDêrp

09-12-2010

well i hope they buff him.

I like jax, not so much that i would main him, but i do like seeing my custom skin of him.

So a good jax build is?:

Ninja Tabi
Frozen mallet
Guinsoos
Gunblade
Phantom Dancer
Banshees Veil or Guardian Angel

I think i will try this next time im on.

thank you

DMG1

09-12-2010

Quote:
Hamsteaks:
How am i supposed to build him?

When i play him, i start with a Doran's Blade and a HP Pot

then i build a zeal, then a guinsoos, then i finish phantom dancer

then we lose.

How do i build him so for once we win?

Doran shield is better than Blade for Jax; laning the guaranteed regen will help more since Jax has a hard time farming in lane without getting some harassment. From there, Rage blade and whatever boots you need, then build what that game calls for. Important thing to remember is that Jax only really needs 1 AS item, so choose wisely. I usually would get something like Last Whisper, and then stack damage/have Banshee or whatever defensive item I needed. You can get pretty tanky and also have respectable damage output if you go Atma's to Triple Elixer after Rage blade.

Honestly though, just go with someone else that is better. Xin for example nearly completely invalidates Jax. AoE Ult, a more reliable charge in that slows in an AoE, Pop Up that doesn't need you to get a dodge to work, and free AS/CDR. Jax could definitely 1 v 1 better than Xin, but those situations just don't happen as much.

LêDêrp

09-12-2010

well i am more of a TF player, but you see, i have an epic custom skin from league craft, and i like to see it every once in awhile in game, but no one picks jax, so i must now play him to see it.

Sigh

Sacklunch

09-12-2010

Doran's item of your choosing
ninja tabi
rageblade
nashor's
gunblade
rylai's scepter