Hanging black screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

John Rog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Hey folks,

I am brand new to LoL but I'm having some difficulty launching the in game portion of the program. After logging into the launcher, I click on "Play" and then "Tutorial" and what results is a minimized window that when clicked upon displays a black screen that is windowed.

- I'm on an ATI Radeon HD 5500 running 8.753.0.0 drivers from July of this year.
- Windows 7 64 bit
- I'm on the stand alone client though I don't know if that is of any significance. I can't really bit torrent at my current location so I had to go through the stand alone option.
- When I right click on the black screen window in the task bar, I see the Adobe AIR Launcher though clicking on it momentarily brings up a black command prompt window with some text but it closes too quickly for me to see anything in it.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.
Thanks~

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

I would advise updating your graphics drivers. ATI tend to use Year/Month numbering systems, EG: the latest is 10.8 (2010, 8th Month)

Also try turning down the graphics settings ingame to see if that helps any.

John Rog

09-12-2010

Catalyst 10.8 made a lot of my other programs have low frame rates so I went back to 10.7. Either way, I just tried updating my video drivers to no avail.

Is there a method through which you can adjust the video settings without going into the game? Being able to click "Tutorial" after play is about as far as I get.

John Rog

09-12-2010

Well, it actually looks like I have the Adobe Air issue plaguing me.
"Adobe AIR could not be found.
Use '-Runtime <dir>' to specify the location of the runtime.
You can download the latest version of the runtime
from http://www.adobe.com/go/getair"

I'll have to scour the forums for additional fixes. Thanks Eambo. If you have any insight into the Adobe Air issue, I would still appreciate it.

Eambo

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rog View Post
Well, it actually looks like I have the Adobe Air issue plaguing me.
"Adobe AIR could not be found.
Use '-Runtime <dir>' to specify the location of the runtime.
You can download the latest version of the runtime
from http://www.adobe.com/go/getair"

I'll have to scour the forums for additional fixes. Thanks Eambo. If you have any insight into the Adobe Air issue, I would still appreciate it.
Air is part of the LoL install files, but you can also download it directly from Adobe - you might wanna give that a try :-)

John Rog

09-12-2010

I was battling this forever, but a friend of mine just copied his working installed files over to my machine and it all works. Who knew? Anyhow, thanks for the help Eambo.