How to counter Diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

08-10-2012

Have someone figured out already? What are her cons and how to counter her in a generic way (with no specific champion)?

Troll HD

08-10-2012

problem with countering Diana is that her Q gives her such amazing harass. combined with her ult this gives her so much harssing power that you need to stay pretty far away from the minions if she is playing aggresively. trick to counter her is to shut her down early with someone who has really high early game damage. another way would be to get a gank on her early to shove her out of lane and give you some free farm.

in short try to shove her out of lane and do your best not to feed her.

aMack IV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

If you're mid with her: Call for ganks; before she hits 6 you need to get up on her.

If she's in the jungle: Exit the game.

Judas Priest

08-10-2012

Come one, there might be a way to counter her... she can't be untouchable.

dunkmaster ep

08-10-2012

She's extremely susceptible to CC and quite squishy early, as most assassins are.

She also if set back minor amounts early takes quite a bit to catch back up, though she can still be effective she won't be the monster she normally can become.

But ultimately she's an assassin type champion with very little she can do once she's comitted to a fight just as Riot stated. Thus.. effective use of positioning and CC by your team = She Q's, R's in to kill a squishy and she instead dies instantly.

I earlier had a team against me with a Sona, Maokai, Udyr, Ezreal and Ahri.. lost pretty hard as the Maokai/Udyr could simply force my team away long enough for them to Sona ulti, Ahri charm and burst me down anytime I tried ANYTHING..

If she's jungling you almost always want to try and interrupt her start as she's incredibly blue reliant early and has difficult catching up from losing it.

AmazingKazuki

08-10-2012

Stay to her one side and keep moving. Her move goes in an arc, so you're going to need good timing. Depending on the champ, of course, it'll be easier then others.

Nicodemous

08-10-2012

I've found that move speed helps a lot, stand on the outside of your minions and if you have a couple MS quints and a semi-fast champ you can avoid that arch, but just like blitz, she will get luck at some point and then you just gotta hope you can get away before she sucks you in...

Mister Blaqk

08-10-2012

What the above comment said, she is blue reliant early-midgame. You can shut her down with farming better in lane with her. If she jungles, counter jungle. It sounds corny but buffs are key to this game IMO all stages of the game. If you take a buff, xp, and gold every time you counter jungle. Just watch Moscow 5 streams and you learn how to utilize it. But remember Diana is still a new champ and there are a lot of bad Diana players so when they make stupid mistakes take advantage of it.

Ask A Treant

08-10-2012

Her biggest weakness is also her greatest strength, and a huge topic of debate. Her Q always arcs to the right, and finishes in front of her. This means to dodge it, run to -her- left somewhat. Since a lot of Diana players aim so that the final bit of the arc is where you are, or will be, run inwards (yes, that's right, towards Diana). The beam will arc around you harmlessly. By the time it's beside you and not hitting you, start running away.

Not getting hit by Q shuts a lot of doors on her. She can still Moonlight Rush (That's her dash ultimate) to you so be ready incase she jumps on you anyway, but because of the Q miss it'll be on cooldown and at that point, she has very little to chase you down with. Either escape from the pull-in, or eat it and start running. If she doesn't have red buff / some way to slow you down, home free.

Remember. To the left, to the left. Diana won't rush you if you dodge to the left.