Ask Tyrant Swain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Mr Zed

05-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Swain was left somewhat confused with the effort ion's proposition.

''You want me to give you all information Noxus has on the current wyou sweaboutsuphold the e champions that belong to the Kinkou? What makes you sure we even have it? And what makes you sure I am willing Como you know that ive you the information even if I had it? What you offer me is information about a conflict rom which I am that enough to peak your rtain I can gain anything, and in return I am supposed to give you information that would be among the most highly classified information Noxus has. You clearly overestimated the values of your offer, Master of Shadows.''
Zed broke into a cold mocking laughter, clearly offended.
"You would spurn knowledge of a conflict that looks to result in a unified freljord, unified against Noxus, so that you can conceal from me the whereabouts of the Kinkou? Tryndamere has not forgotten about the barbarian pacification campaigns, he who might be king. Have you sworn to uphold the balance Swain? If you know nothing of them you may simply say so. Their movements escape my reach. "
After a short pause, Zed spoke calmly
Do you know that the Avarosan secretly recieve shipments of supplies from Democian transport? I do. Also when and where. Consider my offer. Do not make me out to be a fool. "

Ézrëal

05-12-2013

Quote:
Swain was sitting behind his desk, casually holding some papers in his hands. He growled upon seeing the Prodigal Explorer. As if his presence alone wasn't enough, he also brought that annoying attitude of his with him. Though, clearly displeased, Swain managed to avoid changing his tone when addressing him.

''I do.''
Ezreal nodded, taking out a small statute from the backpack he had carried in with him, "I was wondering if you knew anything about this figure. I...found it around your city, and it seems to resemble a couple other things I've found."

Ask Tyrant Swain

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr Zed View Post
Zed broke into a cold mocking laughter, clearly offended.
"You would spurn knowledge of a conflict that looks to result in a unified freljord, unified against Noxus, so that you can conceal from me the whereabouts of the Kinkou? Tryndamere has not forgotten about the barbarian pacification campaigns, he who might be king. Have you sworn to uphold the balance Swain? If you know nothing of them you may simply say so. Their movements escape my reach. "
After a short pause, Zed spoke calmly
Do you know that the Avarosan secretly recieve shipments of supplies from Democian transport? I do. Also when and where. Consider my offer. Do not make me out to be a fool. "
''A fool? No, you are not. And neither am I. Freljord is the least of my concerns, regardless of how the situation unfolds.
My source of information may be less effective than you are, but it is sufficient.

I hardly see any real gain in this little transaction you presented me with.
Therefore, I refuse.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by zral View Post
Ezreal nodded, taking out a small statute from the backpack he had carried in with him, "I was wondering if you knew anything about this figure. I...found it around your city, and it seems to resemble a couple other things I've found."
Swain placed his papers down as he leaned forward, taking a look at it.

''No. I never saw such a statue here in Noxus. It could easily be a hyperbolic representation of one of Noxus' old rulers, or some infamous general. It does seem familiar...''

Tapping his chin, Swain leaned back into his seat.

''Indeed. It resembles the statues in the Crystal Scar a bit. But that could be mere coincidence.
I'm afraid that is all I can assist you with.''

Ask Mr Zed

05-13-2013

Quote:
''A fool? No, you are not. And neither am I. Freljord is the least of my concerns, regardless of how the situation unfolds.
My source of information may be less effective than you are, but it is sufficient.

I hardly see any real gain in this little transaction you presented me with.
Therefore, I refuse.''
Without a word, Zed is gone. In his place a shadow form lingers, staring Swain in the face with lifeless eyes. It too vanishes and the room is silent.

Ask Mr Ziggs

05-13-2013

What is your opinion on me?

-Ziggs

P.S. Your hand is quite large and carries an axe, why do you have another person attached to you?

Ézrëal

05-13-2013

Quote:

Swain placed his papers down as he leaned forward, taking a look at it.

''No. I never saw such a statue here in Noxus. It could easily be a hyperbolic representation of one of Noxus' old rulers, or some infamous general. It does seem familiar...''

Tapping his chin, Swain leaned back into his seat.

''Indeed. It resembles the statues in the Crystal Scar a bit. But that could be mere coincidence.
I'm afraid that is all I can assist you with.''
Ezreal nodded, "I see...Same thing everyone else's been saying."

Ezreal took out a couple coins from his pocket, "How about this. You happen to have seen this icon somewhere before? Seems to be the same as the sword this statute is holding."

AODRG

05-13-2013

Quote:
Swain started openly laughing.

''Earn? Who are you trying to fool? It is well known that the nobles of Demacia get a significant head start over the rest. Or was Jarvan a foot soldier before he became the second ranked military figure of Demacia?

In Noxus, no matter where you were born, once you enlist the military you all become the same. And only through hard work and loyal service, representing the strength of Noxus, can you advance.

One can always argue if the rulers of Demacia earned what they have, but the leaders of Noxus have what they have because they earned it. That can not be argued.''
Alice shook her head, "Head start? No...they...nobles have to go through the same training and regime that the rest of the army had to go through. And they are given their rank from how they demonstrated their ability in battle..."

Sam raised her hand, "not to contradict you Alice, but I do know for a fact that nobles do get an advantage, even if no one wants to acknowledge it."

"But...okay so maybe Jarvan was able to skip the training....and Garen might have..." Alice sighed, " Okay I see your point. This is why I don't get into these politics stuff."

"Yea...," Sam remarked, "So Swain, what did you end up doing to become the leader of Noxus? You have to kill the previous one in battle or did they simply step down and let you take over?"

Ask Tyrant Swain

05-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mr Ziggs View Post
What is your opinion on me?

-Ziggs

P.S. Your hand is quite large and carries an axe, why do you have another person attached to you?
You lack discipline, as shown by your subsequent question.

Quote:
Ezreal nodded, "I see...Same thing everyone else's been saying."

Ezreal took out a couple coins from his pocket, "How about this. You happen to have seen this icon somewhere before? Seems to be the same as the sword this statute is holding."
Swain picked the coin up for a closer inspection.

''Hmmm. Indeed, they must originate from the same source, but that source is not Noxus, or any part of Valoran I've been to.
My best guess is that they could be artifacts from south of the great barrier, carried and spread through the civilized world.
My best guess is that they are from Urtistan. Or maybe even Icathia. But that's just speculation.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODRG View Post
Alice shook her head, "Head start? No...they...nobles have to go through the same training and regime that the rest of the army had to go through. And they are given their rank from how they demonstrated their ability in battle..."

Sam raised her hand, "not to contradict you Alice, but I do know for a fact that nobles do get an advantage, even if no one wants to acknowledge it."

"But...okay so maybe Jarvan was able to skip the training....and Garen might have..." Alice sighed, " Okay I see your point. This is why I don't get into these politics stuff."

"Yea...," Sam remarked, "So Swain, what did you end up doing to become the leader of Noxus? You have to kill the previous one in battle or did they simply step down and let you take over?"
''Hmph.''

That, followed by a glare, is all the response Alice got from Swain. He turned to answer Sam's question.

''The previous Grand General of Noxus was killed in an incident in Kalamandra. I took his place by fighting off anyone who would challenge my right. That is how a new General is selected if the previous one dies. Otherwise, if the old General is still alive, then the usurper will have to kill him in battle.
The old General can step down, but that almost never happens.''

Ézrëal

05-14-2013

Quote:
Swain picked the coin up for a closer inspection.

''Hmmm. Indeed, they must originate from the same source, but that source is not Noxus, or any part of Valoran I've been to.
My best guess is that they could be artifacts from south of the great barrier, carried and spread through the civilized world.
My best guess is that they are from Urtistan. Or maybe even Icathia. But that's just speculation.''
"I figured it came from the south," Ezreal remarked, "I guess I'll go stop by Zil's room next."

Ezreal picked up the statue and coins back up, "Thanks for your...help."

He waved bye and walked out of Swain's home. He was somewhat glad to get out of there quickly.

Ask Tyrant Swain

05-15-2013

Quote:
"I figured it came from the south," Ezreal remarked, "I guess I'll go stop by Zil's room next."

Ezreal picked up the statue and coins back up, "Thanks for your...help."

He waved bye and walked out of Swain's home. He was somewhat glad to get out of there quickly.
Swain smiled under his mask as Ezreal packed his stuff.

''Oh. But the pleasure was all mine, Explorer.''

As soon as he left Swain's chambers, Swain lifted his hand, opening his palm to reveal one of the coins Ezreal showed. He moved it closer to his eyes, observing it carefully.

''Hmmm. Interesting.''

((Though, if you think that Swain shouldn't keep one coin, or that this may move a bit into godmodding territory, I will gladly edit the post.))