The WCG Experience - LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

09-12-2010
3 of 13 Riot Posts

To answer a few questions coming up.

The videos can be viewed here...

Game 1: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9507051

Game 2: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9508719

There were only 2 games played at WCG yesterday as it was a best out of 3 format with CLG coming in with a 1 game lead due to getting there through the winners bracket.

NDAWE

09-12-2010

Asking again - why there r only 2 games when there r 2 differend winners ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post
To answer a few questions coming up.

The videos can be viewed here...

Game 1: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9507051

Game 2: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/9508719

There were only 2 games played at WCG yesterday as it was a best out of 3 format with CLG coming in with a 1 game lead due to getting there through the winners bracket.
lol someone answered to my Q before i ask ^^.

LOL downvoting .

Filthykur

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post
League of Legends was easily the biggest, loudest, and best event at WCG yesterday.

A list of Rioterz who were there: me, Phreak, Marcou, Rinoa, Veigar, JeffJew, Volty, andyho

We got to meet a lot of cool people including finally getting to meet all the other players that I have been playing against online for practically the past year face-to-face.

The Araragi Nunu was pretty epic and it paid off late game as there were some "Epik" ults combine with Blood Boil'd Tristana played by Dan Dinh just ripping people. Bigfatjiji's Ashe also played extremely well in Game 1 but it just wasn't enough as I have the feeling that Salce's Vladimir and Xcessiv's Garen just put too much pressure on his positioning / targetting. My favorite moment of the game was Jiji hitting the Ashe arrow from mid to top onto Dan's Tristana as he was retreating trying to avoid a gank from Hotshot's Nidalee.

There were actually on-site complications with Game 2 as the WCG event was supposed to close for the day at that time (6:00 P.M.) and it took a titanic effort from the WCG staff (they had to announce it multiple times over the PA as well as turn off the big screens showing the LoL game) to shoo the excited audience out of the building part-way through Game 2. The Rioterz managed to sit and stay in to watch the rest of the game (we just pretended like we were WCG staff and watched the rest of the game on these little computer monitors). Near the end of the game around 7:00 P.M. there were talks from the WCG staff that Universal Studios was going to pull the plug on the power. This was happening for the last 10 minutes and all we could think was "wow...that would suck." Fortunately the power never went off and the players were allowed to finish another great game.

I would like to commend especially the players up there on the stage. They managed to play through all the complications including lag spikes they were receiving due to the WCG network being for lack of a better word terrible. The players never showed a hint of poor sportsmanship and worked with what they had. I am glad to have been there and I am proud to call myself a member of the League of Legends community.

It was such an enjoyable time and I hope people come out for the WCG Grand Finals as I can imagine it will be 100x crazier. See you all there. =)
You're there, Rinoa, my dear lol

Darkseid

09-12-2010

neat game, I liked how I finally see a nunu that wrecks with the 2.5 ratio

zeirios

09-12-2010

Why was Twitch banned?

Naive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAWE View Post
Asking again - why there r only 2 games when there r 2 differend winners ?
CLG only needed to win one game since they were in winner's bracket. EPIK had to win two because they were in loser's.

Mooser69

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeirios View Post
Why was Twitch banned?
Dan is a pro twitch

TrollTrain

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
CLG only needed to win one game since they were in winner's bracket. EPIK had to win two because they were in loser's.
technically speaking, CLG won 3 games and Epik won 1

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

09-12-2010
4 of 13 Riot Posts

Twitch was banned because Dan is known to play a strong Twitch.

erimon

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrob View Post
neat game, I liked how I finally see a nunu that wrecks with the 2.5 ratio
I somehow doubt he was going for an AP fit... Anyone have the build?