The WCG Experience - LoL

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edwy

The Council

09-12-2010

Some general thoughts, for your first match, I felt you guys were outpicked even though you had Garen/Trist, CLG had Amumu/Morgana plus Sion/Ashe for some insane CC, and well Hotshot playing his nidalee. The nunu/vlad combo was an interesting combination and didn't know that it worked so well. CLG had such good map control that I thought it was over but in teamfights Araragi had some very very good nunu ults in brush which imo really decided some of the early fights. I think if Morg had solo rather than Nidalee it woulda made a huge difference cause at the end Morg really had 0 items and its so hard to last hit when you have a Sion in your lane.

Second game, picks were about even with a slight advantage to CLG, but Dan was playing his heimer and dan's heimer is the most annoying thing in the world, even though Kog got first blood on heimer and we didn't see it (epic fail phreak) i don't think it was that big of a deal. I was really hoping Epik would do a fast baron with putting heimer turrets behind the baron wall but not sure if that still works anymore. Epik had such a good advantage but the fight at baron where they got caught doing baron at around 30 minutes really changed the game. I knew going in, Epik would stand no chance late game, Annie/Heimer really start to fall off as the game progresses and I'm pretty sure CLG started to stack magic resist. Relying on Miss Fortune as your only dps was a huge gamble.

In the end those were some really good matches, I'm glad they went back and forth and weren't facerolls. Looking forward to the NA vs EU match as that will be truly interesting. MVP goes to bigfatjiji as he wrecked both games.

kcuf

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgarm View Post
I stayed up until 2:43am watching the first game. You can say you got hit by one of the most epic Ashe arrows ever.
I stayed up until 7am and fell sleep @ start of the 2nd game.

SmokeysL1ce

09-12-2010

Really epic game, I felt that in the second match you guys shouldn't have picked miss fortune. She was too new to try out in a tournament game, that's just my guess. You guys should have picked Xin imo.

Dyr

09-12-2010

Thanks for the write-up Dan Dinh, epik games for sure.

General Hotbod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the write up, but you were out there ripping faces, Dan. Good job and good luck in the future.

The Ninth Priest

09-12-2010

You guys are an inspiration to wanting to get into the competitive scene.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Second game had my cousin and I on the edge of our seats. I think we stood in front of the T.V. for the last 10 minutes. Really intense. He was rooting for CLG and I was going for an Epik win all the way.

fokaL

09-12-2010

Jiji hit u with the godliest ashe arrows ever.
the second game was just gay just because of the way kogmaw is right now
and CLG was bound to lose secondgame if jiji didnt initiate and create that ace near ur inhibitor

CG Uz

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Dinh View Post
I can put down as much money as you want and bet you, that our match had the largest and most enthusiastic audience. At one point their screaming and cheering sent chills down my back.
You also had 120k people on ustream watching.
(SC2 was only at 60k)

Taenshi

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwy View Post
Some general thoughts, for your first match, I felt you guys were outpicked even though you had Garen/Trist, CLG had Amumu/Morgana plus Sion/Ashe for some insane CC, and well Hotshot playing his nidalee. The nunu/vlad combo was an interesting combination and didn't know that it worked so well. CLG had such good map control that I thought it was over but in teamfights Araragi had some very very good nunu ults in brush which imo really decided some of the early fights. I think if Morg had solo rather than Nidalee it woulda made a huge difference cause at the end Morg really had 0 items and its so hard to last hit when you have a Sion in your lane.

Second game, picks were about even with a slight advantage to CLG, but Dan was playing his heimer and dan's heimer is the most annoying thing in the world, even though Kog got first blood on heimer and we didn't see it (epic fail phreak) i don't think it was that big of a deal. I was really hoping Epik would do a fast baron with putting heimer turrets behind the baron wall but not sure if that still works anymore. Epik had such a good advantage but the fight at baron where they got caught doing baron at around 30 minutes really changed the game. I knew going in, Epik would stand no chance late game, Annie/Heimer really start to fall off as the game progresses and I'm pretty sure CLG started to stack magic resist. Relying on Miss Fortune as your only dps was a huge gamble.

In the end those were some really good matches, I'm glad they went back and forth and weren't facerolls. Looking forward to the NA vs EU match as that will be truly interesting. MVP goes to bigfatjiji as he wrecked both games.
I really think Dan lost them the second game when he got killed alone outside of Baron, the entire game shifted towards CLG after that happened.

12345612 ... 15