Community..pls let every1 know that Revive is stupid...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarlordLucifer

09-12-2010

Herd revive panth is legit

New Meta

09-12-2010

Whoever the OP is must be closeminded to think that a -60 second death timer at 40 minutes in is bad. You think a different summoner spell is better? Buy wards/have map awareness so you don't have to use them.

Revive changes games

xbombr

09-12-2010

It's not that bad tbh, but when you take it, it means you're either wasting a summoner spell (if you don't die) or showing your team that you plan on dying.

Lord Zaxer

09-12-2010

I've always hated people picking revive..
On certain champions tho (Pantheon, Rammus, Shen, TF etc.) I've started thinking it might actually be a good pick. Imagine late game, losing a teamfight as mentioned before and killing those 3 guys in your base with low hp.

It might just be in theory but I actually think it could work GREAT on certain champions.

PoopRichard

09-12-2010

I was playing singed and went up against an Olaf with revive/teleport. It was awesome, he pops all his cd's and i kill him, he teleports back instantly and i kill him again.

FireFa11

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

I use revive on panth, tf, and shen. If I stay with the group and don't use my ult and I end up dying, I get right back into the battle. Revive on Shen is slightly better after his ult was nerfed, because it doesn't shield him, so it doesn't reward desperate attempts to save himself.

Myridus

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREALLYENJOYCOCK View Post
Whoever the OP is must be closeminded to think that a -60 second death timer at 40 minutes in is bad. You think a different summoner spell is better? Buy wards/have map awareness so you don't have to use them.

Revive changes games
Nothing changes the fact that you're PLANNING on dieing for it to be usefull. You plan to die? Really? How about in that very vague situation, where you need to be up to defend that tower/inhib because your team got rolled or just barely lived, you had something else.

Hey you could have exhausted that Twitch/Ashe/MF that raped your whole team.
You could have had a proper initiation with Flash if you're a tank.
You could have chased away or gotten away from someone with Ghost.
You could have finished someone off with Ignite.
...and the list goes on...

So if you're saying that a spell that only works IF you die is usefull, then I'm sorry but I don't follow your logic. I guess you can argue that Karth/Kog still are useful after death, but those are character designs and not something you choose.

Revive is stupid, and I'm honestly quite surprised that some people actually still think it's useful and on par with other summoner spells.

And no, just because some high lvl player uses it doesn't mean it's good. It's a gimmick. I've raped people with atk spd Fiddle during a practice for the lolz. This doesn't mean it really works or is a good idea. An extreme example of one isolated situation doesn't apply to all situations.

JC0226

09-12-2010

I don't use revive, but revive with mastery and running into tower at level 1 is not a terrible idea, provided the enemy team does not manage to get a kill on you, you start laning phase with 400 extra HP, which, if you decide to get even more health through the 475 gold, lets you pretty much dominate laning for the first 2 minutes. Not a terrible idea on tanks either, who want to take all the damage, and if they do die in a teamfight, they can revive + tp to get right back in the fray, or get back into the push if your team manages to win the fight.

Yell0wKing

09-12-2010

I can see it being viable on TT, and even on some champs with global ults, but other than it, it's probably not worth it.

Wertty

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myridus View Post
Nothing changes the fact that you're PLANNING on dieing for it to be usefull. You plan to die? Really? How about in that very vague situation, where you need to be up to defend that tower/inhib because your team got rolled or just barely lived, you had something else.

Hey you could have exhausted that Twitch/Ashe/MF that raped your whole team.
You could have had a proper initiation with Flash if you're a tank.
You could have chased away or gotten away from someone with Ghost.
You could have finished someone off with Ignite.
...and the list goes on...

So if you're saying that a spell that only works IF you die is usefull, then I'm sorry but I don't follow your logic. I guess you can argue that Karth/Kog still are useful after death, but those are character designs and not something you choose.

Revive is stupid, and I'm honestly quite surprised that some people actually still think it's useful and on par with other summoner spells.

And no, just because some high lvl player uses it doesn't mean it's good. It's a gimmick. I've raped people with atk spd Fiddle during a practice for the lolz. This doesn't mean it really works or is a good idea. An extreme example of one isolated situation doesn't apply to all situations.
You're right, every death in this game is an elaborate plan just to use revive.
That Fiddle flashing in on you guys when you're defending the inhib turret with 25% HP left? You consulted with him before it happened to make sure it went as planned.
Or maybe you didn't think you had to worry about him because you killed him so you were free to push after a team fight, killing all the rest as well. Oh wait! He had revive.

Of course, he planned for that to happen with you all in the first place to screw you guys over.