Banning for a Feature in your own Program

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dissonancy

09-12-2010

It's intended to be used as a bypass for when your launcher or patcher messes up, NOT for trying to log in while the servers are intended to be down and mess up their maintenance.

Beartato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaGoneMad View Post
We REALLY need a red response on this, was it just a fluke for a few people? An accident? I can't imagine them banning accounts, especially paying accounts, because they used a well-known code that was originally posted on these very forums by Riot themselves.

If they don't want people doing it then a warning would be good, but a ban?
Because paying makes you safe from bans.

Riot, specifically Phreak said that people should not use the code when the servers were down/busy, you're just giving them more problems. It was used back in beta for some reason, but now, people are just abusing it and giving Riot a harder time.

Ausum

09-12-2010

Does a player that's brand new to the game know about the code? It's not a "feature" of the game, as you put it. Do you honestly think they would bother to set the servers to "Busy" if they didn't care whether or not people were connecting at will? Get a clue, ****.

Renrut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2010

I agree with xbombr, rather than having to get past the patcher they could go the way of almost all mmos and just set a server cap and put in a wait to get in queue during busy server status times if they want to keep it fair.

Zenue

09-12-2010

It's not bannable to use it as far as I know, but to share it is.
Riot have stated that they will soon remove it anyway.

WantedOne

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonancy View Post
It's intended to be used as a bypass for when your launcher or patcher messes up, NOT for trying to log in while the servers are intended to be down and mess up their maintenance.
well, that pretty much explains my post and my reasons for using the code

Night4ngel

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantedOne View Post
When i play, i see sometimes see "busy" or "offline", mainly the "offline" message, even though they said that the servers are online. And it stayed that way for about 2 hours in the "offline" state until i was informed of the code, in which case, i use it, and my problem of a delayed launcher is fixed. If they are honestly banning people for using it, i find that kind of...dumb.
You need to refresh the page after the patcher. hit options then save settings

Patronum

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyt305 View Post
This isn't an MMO
Massively Multi-player Online.
You are messing MMO games with MMORPG games.

WantedOne

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night4ngel View Post
You need to refresh the page after the patcher. hit options then save settings

ill keep that in mind, thanks

Da Orkz

09-12-2010

They are banning people not because of the way they are using the "feature", but when. Attempting to log in during a maintinence can mess up the system, increasing server downtime and basically making everyone more upset.
So don't do it during downtime.