Banning for a Feature in your own Program

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot Exgeniar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

09-12-2010

Not to be rude, but I think it is somewhat silly for you to be banning the user for using a 'feature' in your product. That is like handing an idiot a gun and waiting for something to happen, I think the situation is improperly handled and if you wish for people not to enter the code to log in, you should simply remove the feature from your program instead of banning people for using it.

Sudai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-12-2010

You were -1 so I +1'd you but you're still -1 cause someone hates the truth.

Patronum

09-12-2010

The code is there because it has somehow a reason to be there.
If people exploits it, it's almost "bug exploiting", and that, in almost any MMO, results in the banhammer.

hyptonic

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianaPaes View Post
If people exploits it, it's almost "bug exploiting", and that, in almost any MMO, results in the banhammer.
except it's not a bug.

Reppuken

09-12-2010

I can't find the page that talks about it on their new support website, but in the old one it clearly stated to use it at your own risk.

YodaGoneMad

09-12-2010

We REALLY need a red response on this, was it just a fluke for a few people? An accident? I can't imagine them banning accounts, especially paying accounts, because they used a well-known code that was originally posted on these very forums by Riot themselves.

If they don't want people doing it then a warning would be good, but a ban?

xbombr

09-12-2010

Imo, Having a code to get past the patcher is fine since it requires the game to be in online status for you. If the game is online, but it doesn't appear that way to you (I've had this problem happen before, probably due to my connection or a firewall setting I didn't know about), then there's not much you can really do about it without the code.

The problem is that this renders their busy status obsolete since people will just bypass it needlessly. They should change it to where you can't get past the login screen when the server is set to busy rather than being incapable of getting by the patcher.

Computerz

09-12-2010

Can you give a bit of backstory as to what you're referring to? Has someone been banned? Have they said they will start banning? Do explain plx.

WΎR ؃ LL

09-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianaPaes View Post
This isn't an MMO and also the code was ashown to the public and they knew we all know what it is.

If they did not want us to use it, they would take it out long ago, if not then that means they were OK with us using it.

Maybe today it was causing them problems, so now they decide out of nowhere to ban for it, That is not right.

They should announce BEFORE this that we should not use it or just remove the feature.

WantedOne

09-12-2010

When i play, i see sometimes see "busy" or "offline", mainly the "offline" message, even though they said that the servers are online. And it stayed that way for about 2 hours in the "offline" state until i was informed of the code, in which case, i use it, and my problem of a delayed launcher is fixed. If they are honestly banning people for using it, i find that kind of...dumb.