Orianna vs. Zyra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roebling

08-09-2012

I have heard Orianna outclasses Zyra in most all aspects. What is the general opinion on this assessment?

Please explain.

Cricket demon

08-09-2012

let me smoke what your smoking so i can hear these crazy voices.

Roebling

08-09-2012

bumpity

Roebling

08-09-2012

bump

Vlyigi

08-09-2012

Zyra was completely OP pre-nerf.

Post nerf, I still have to give it to Zyra unless the Orianna player is really really good.

1250Gopher

08-09-2012

So on their Q's - Zyra has high damage and I believe activates plants, while Ori's only positions w/ minimal dmg. Zyra wins.
W- Plants for Zyra. Slow and higher dmg (but still not very high) for Ori. Not really comparable.
E- AoE Root that goes through minions for Zyra. Shield that provides moderate defense for a short time. Zyra wins massively here.
R- Massive AoE, high damage and subsequent knockup for zyra. Moderate damage AoE pull for Ori. Zyra wins yet again.
Passive- Don't even get me started.
Zyra has Ori's utility, but is easier to use and does more damage.
TL;DR: Zyra takes less skill for more reward than Ori.

Roebling

08-09-2012

His argument goes : Ori ult is more guaranteed, zyra takes too long to get the knock up.... Q on mana costs and CD, W on damage and utility, e says close call but that ori wins because of range.

Roebling

08-09-2012

bumpp

jphuong

08-09-2012

zyra!!!!!

1250Gopher

08-09-2012

While Ori ult is a gauranteed CC you still have to land the thing which can be difficult in spread out fights. Also, it just doesn't do enough damage. The Q on Zyra literally chunks people, while on Ori it's setup for W. Their W's just aren't comparable but if I had to choose it'd be Ori. That's her bread and butter. The reason Zyra wins on E is that her spell can be used offensively or defensively very easy. If you want to damage with Ori on your E you have to have incredible positioning. Zyra just does more.