Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot. AP Kat Or No Kat Is Not Acceptable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PinkMage

08-09-2012

I miss the AD scaling on Q.

I miss more the upfront burst in shunpo and CD, but I understand giving it straight 20% damage reduction is somewhat of a straight trade.

I hate even more than max targets in BB is 5 now, since I can't hit all the minions in lane now.

I absolutely despise the voice change though.

And I rush gunblade because it's the best option.

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
AD Kat works because Kat automatically autoattacks after SHunpos, and having a legitimate autoattack is nice against skilled players who will almost always interrupt Lotus before it deals much damage.

AD Items offer much better and much more defensive stats than AP items.

AD provides safer laning and increased farm due to a higher ratio on BB.

AD allows you to participate in helping your jungler secure objectives like Dragon and buffs better.

AD often confuses enemy players into itemizing for the wrong defensive stats.

I could go on, but I think it's lost on you guys.

Better defensive stats: I'm calling bull****/wrong on that one. Zhonyas, abyssal, rylais, gunblade vs ... maw bloodthirster wriggles? Yeah no.

Safer laning: Maybe, but less sustain in lane. Early revolver = great sustain, whereas AD kat would rely on autos.

Jungle help: I see that largely as a nonfactor. Yes, you will do more damage to minions, and that is a reasonable advantage, but that is such a small portion of the game that it shouldnt be listed as a major point

Wrong defensive stats: a good point, but "wrong defensive stats" implies that they should be building to counter you and only you.

AD kat is equally easy to shut down with CC as compared to AP kat. Both get bursted hard, and CC is the antithesis of both. AD kat because she relies on auto attacks, AP kat because when she is CC'ed she isnt ulting and otherwise being a nuisance.

Skilled players that interrupt you during lotus are going to murder you when you jump on them. You're talking about unskilled players that interrupt you during lotus but dont murder you when you're on top of them with 1500 health and 0 defenses.

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
I don't care about my rating. I care about having fun. I'm too old for all this competitive bull****. I have more fun and play better as AD Kat than I do as AP. I don't care that you don't believe what I believe, I just wish you wouldn't go around spouting that X is better than Y without firsthand experience.

That kind of attitude is very childish.

"I'm too old for all this competetive bull****."

"Says the layman to the PHD"
"No ranked games as katarina"

I'm sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over your hypocrisy.

Man up, either be competitive or don't. Don't be all wishy washy. Don't claim to be more knowledgeable then disregard relevant rankings that are the closest we will come to being able to say who knows more about this game than who.

Xulsigae

08-09-2012

I like building her AD with Gunblade for the spellvamp. Her current ratios on her dagger and ult lean more towards AD. Her shunpo has good AP scaling but I use it mainly to flit around the battle.

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Josh de Tonreau:
AD is anti veigar
AD is unexpected
AD isn't just 5 bloodthirsters..
AD is sustained AND burst because crit = burst as well as her abilities

There we go, going somewhere with this one.

Unexpected: very very good point. People don't deal well with situations they aren't used to.

Anti-veigar: reasonable, but largely irrelevant.

So standard carry build, which provides no added tankiness that AP katarina has the options of. So trade tankiness for sustained damage, while burst remains similar. I'm still convinced that this is not a trade that is worth it.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
"I'm too old for all this competetive bull****."

"Says the layman to the PHD"
"No ranked games as katarina"

I'm sorry, what was that? I can't hear you over your hypocrisy.

Man up, either be competitive or don't. Don't be all wishy washy. Don't claim to be more knowledgeable then disregard relevant rankings that are the closest we will come to being able to say who knows more about this game than who.

I only play Kat, and I play her in ranked games. The fact that I don't care about whether my rating rises or falls doesn't mean that I'm not being competitive, and just because I say I'm too old for this sort of thing doesn't mean I don't enjoy it to some degree. Chill bro.

I'm not disregarding anyone's opinion about AP Kat, but I am disregarding anyone's opinion about AD Kat until they try it themselves.

Josh de Tonreau

08-09-2012

You don't even know the build since you don't play Kat at all so u dont know how it works until u try it or spectate it so why are u judging here?
My suggestion to u is that you first chill, an secondly test it for yourself
What I do is maw ie fm
At least those
I think sometimes I get gunblade before all that jazz for the ability and auto sustain but those seem to fit
I can't remember too well tho, ain't seen a veigar in ever

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
I only play Kat, and I play her in ranked games. The fact that I don't care about whether my rating rises or falls doesn't mean that I'm not being competitive, and just because I say I'm too old for this sort of thing doesn't mean I don't enjoy it to some degree. Chill bro.

I'm not disregarding anyone's opinion about AP Kat, but I am disregarding anyone's opinion about AD Kat until they try it themselves.

Okay, I have no experience with AP kat either. I don't play kat. My knowledge comes from the array of games I have watched in the form of streams from katarina points of view. I have seen the rise and fall of bloodthirster kat, I have played at times where kat was not an uncommon pick. I have had friends that play kat.

As well as all of that, I am applying further knowledge of basic itemization and general applications of situations.

Xulsigae

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
There we go, going somewhere with this one.

Unexpected: very very good point. People don't deal well with situations they aren't used to.

Anti-veigar: reasonable, but largely irrelevant.

So standard carry build, which provides no added tankiness that AP katarina has the options of. So trade tankiness for sustained damage, while burst remains similar. I'm still convinced that this is not a trade that is worth it.

I disagree. A Maw of Malmortius provides a good amount of damage and survivability. With Gunblade she can heal up pretty quickly with her autoattacks and abilities. She doesn't need a standard carry build at all. No attack speed is needed in my opinion.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
Better defensive stats: I'm calling bull****/wrong on that one. Zhonyas, abyssal, rylais, gunblade vs ... maw bloodthirster wriggles? Yeah no.

Safer laning: Maybe, but less sustain in lane. Early revolver = great sustain, whereas AD kat would rely on autos.

Jungle help: I see that largely as a nonfactor. Yes, you will do more damage to minions, and that is a reasonable advantage, but that is such a small portion of the game that it shouldnt be listed as a major point

Wrong defensive stats: a good point, but "wrong defensive stats" implies that they should be building to counter you and only you.

AD kat is equally easy to shut down with CC as compared to AP kat. Both get bursted hard, and CC is the antithesis of both. AD kat because she relies on auto attacks, AP kat because when she is CC'ed she isnt ulting and otherwise being a nuisance.

Skilled players that interrupt you during lotus are going to murder you when you jump on them. You're talking about unskilled players that interrupt you during lotus but dont murder you when you're on top of them with 1500 health and 0 defenses.

33% of 12% on soon to be three spells isn't all that great for sustain. And you don't use Shunpo for the heal with Vamp.

I'm happier with lifestealing 40% of my 900 damage crit after I Shunpo than I would be with Vamp. I'm sorry that you disagree, but whatever.