Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot. AP Kat Or No Kat Is Not Acceptable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tC Paulie

08-17-2012

I guess Phreak got tired of this thread?

Nephwrack

08-17-2012

Quote:
tC Paulie:
I guess Phreak got tired of this thread?

Given how stupid that Katarina troll's posts were... I would too.

Master Smurf

08-17-2012

here is my opinion on kat. I have been playing katarina since ive started playing LoL back in mid 2010. she was my favorite champ. but now these new changes to her actually overall nerf her. since they took away the AD scaling on her bb and then lowering the base damage on it and leaving a mark on your targets and you have to hit them with a MELEE skill, shunpo, auto attack, or sinister, makes you take those huge risks for low rewards.
Now on topic. AD build is not viable as it use too be as only 2 skills benefit from it (as thats how many benefited from it before (bb and lotus)). but as others have been saying going AD is not as good as AP. you can pump out more dps with ap and have the tankiness from going ap( my build is : gunblade40 ad/70 ap, rylais70, abyssal/void, BV/lichbane, deathcap, sorc boots =440 ap, 150 ad 2400 hp,86 armor, 138mr + 440 damage proc with lichbane from the auto attack with shunpo and all 4 skills sacle with ap. as to where with ad in order to achieve the same ammount of tankiness with dps with ad, you lose the dps. FM 20 ad,maw 55ad, ie 80 ad? , boots, bv and gunblade40 ad/70 ap=3k hp same res/armor as AP, 305 ad 75 ap 2 skills scale with AD and your auto attacks are like .9 per sec. so..with that being said. how well do their dps compare? and those stats that i came up with are without runes or masteries. so as in my opinion ap is superior to ad. yes ad is viable. but it doesnt compare to ap. maybe before the rework. but the only good thing about ad now is its scaling with lotus which is 3:1 bonus ad where as ap is 1.75:1 but you can get higher damage on your skills with ap then you can with ad.

Katarìna

08-17-2012

Quote:
Nephwrack:
Given how stupid that Katarina troll's posts were... I would too.

Yeah because being right about basically everything, and having it confirmed after testing by 2600s means I'm a stupid troll. No kid, you're a stupid troll.

Xatµ

08-17-2012

IMO riot doesn't know how to rework champs without making them worse

CrimsonCzar

08-17-2012

Quote:
Phreak:
No. She has roughly the same relative ratios as before. Your current builds will be just as appropriate.

The overall goal for Katarina was to give her more consistency. She has more to do outside of Death Lotus, so she'll tend to perform better in fights.

From what I remember, all that Kat players wanted was a visual remake of Katarina not a skill overhaul. Myself included, we got tired of the hideous hair not the snowballing she did. I used to play AD Kat cause overall, you got more damage out of your abilities cause her AD scaling was in fact higher than her AP scaling. Plus once you did your full combo if anything was left you had massive damage auto attacks. The removal of Killer Instincts and giving it's buff to other abilities was fine, should have just done that and added new ability in it's place, not rework her damage ratios and entire kit.

Impoliteminority

08-17-2012

Meh, Honestly. I was apprehensive about the rework but after fooling around with it a bit, I find that she is quite nice.

I mean, really once you get pass the fact that she does somewhat less damage, how exactly has her gameplay changed, as so many people have stated?

I can kinda understand feeling somewhat less potent as before, but all this other **** people are talking about sounds like pure nonsense.

TheFunStopsHere

Recruiter

08-17-2012

I've played with 3-4 Kats since the rework.

None of them got a Lich Bane.

I don't play her, but am I crazy in thinking that LB seems insanely good on her now? Her Q mark is an incentive to auto attack, she can stick to you like glue, and she can basically have the LB up constantly with the CDR from DFG and maybe blue buff with her W.

FullMetalSnorlax

08-17-2012

Almost every post by Phreak in this thread makes me want to puch him in the face. Not because I don't like the Katarina remake, but because of his attitude about it.

Katarìna

02-02-2013

Quote:
FullMetalSnorlax:
Almost every post by Phreak in this thread makes me want to puch him in the face. Not because I don't like the Katarina remake, but because of his attitude about it.

Well it's mostly because he was basing his information on two players in Diamond. Phreak is the type of guy that will find 'optimal' and smash his face against it over and over, no matter how boring it becomes, or how much it gets nerfed, or whatever, just because it's 'optimal'

'Fun' should be the goal here, not 'optimal.'