Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot. AP Kat Or No Kat Is Not Acceptable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
So because I do not play katarina (nor mid at all for that matter), I do not have investment in her? I will make this clear to you: I love this game. I care about this GAME. Not just katarina, the game as a whole. You accuse me of spreading misinformation, but have not done anything at all to provide any correct information of your own.

Says the layman to the PhD.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Tarroyn:
Tiensi No Akuma (if that's how it is spelled) is considered to be one of the best Katarina players ever, and he rushes gunblade, building no other items that give ad. While i believe he runs ad runes, as it is Kat's optimal build for the high rated Kat players is straight ap after gunblade. As it was Kat was built straight ap, the changes will not push kat players further in that direction.

2k+ is a different game, and for the most part, the rest of the playerbase doesn't participate in the super super passive laning first 20 minutes then goal and team oriented last 10-30 minutes that they participate in.

It's far more effective to spend gold on something that's going to help you sooner than rush one of the most expensive items in the game.

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
AD Kat isn't played because people get comfortable playing her AP successfully and can't or won't adjust to the slightly different playstyle.

Why fix what isn't broken; why play AD when AP works fine? Here's why: A lot of Kat players that play her different ways have played so many AP Kat games that it's not fun anymore, and the challenge of playing her a different way brings the fun back. So we play some AP Kat, and switch to a different build for a while, then switch back.

How would you build AD kat?

To my recollection, the old build used to go... bloodthirster x5, and that's about it.

I cant think of anything having changed.

Except the release of gunblade, which provides similar damage, more sustain (because spell vamp provides ridiculous amounts more than lifesteal), and a VERY useful active.

Bloodthirster to katarina is pure damage, that is all. You can sustain from autos, but really, you don't have time for autos. Spell vamp provides much more sustain than life steal over the general course of a fight.

AP katarina can get more out of her build than pure damage. She can get spell penetration through abyssal scepter or void staff, to vastly increase the amount of damage dealt, and she can build rabadons (edited, said DFG, though that is actually valid too) to multiply her damage. No such item is available for AD katarina. IE is the comparable AD item, and I personally don't see any synergy with katarina. AP katarina can get a slow from rylais if she pleases, the active from zhonyas (as well as defensive stats, of which there are few AD items with viable defensive stats).

All the while AD kat has... AD and life steal. No extra utility, no abyssal scepter aura for her team. Just AD and life steal. How am I wrong here?

Shizuhara

08-09-2012

Hybrids are so season 1~

Josh de Tonreau

08-09-2012

Wish you kissasses would stop mentioning tiensinoakuma like he's some goddess just cuz he's known cuz of YouTube and streaming
He isn't the only one with valid info on Kat

lolnameistaken

08-09-2012

Clearly tank kat is the only viable kat.

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Says the layman to the PhD.

Enjoy your PHD in being gold.

I'm a garbage player. I suck at this game. You're on the same level as me. Don't assume that I think I am better than you, I'm not. I am just better at applying logic and understanding, and have spent a lot of time studying and thinking about this game, more so than one particular champion.

Yes, you're specialized, but that hinders you, it doesn't help you in this case. You're completely biased. What I gather from you: "I do this and did reasonably good, so it must be viable and even good!"

Nope. You played a champion well in an inefficient manner. With the amount of skill you have on kat, you would probably be higher rated if you focused on playing her optimally, in a team oriented manner.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
How would you build AD kat?

To my recollection, the old build used to go... bloodthirster x5, and that's about it.

I cant think of anything having changed.

Except the release of gunblade, which provides similar damage, more sustain (because spell vamp provides ridiculous amounts more than lifesteal), and a VERY useful active.

Bloodthirster to katarina is pure damage, that is all. You can sustain from autos, but really, you don't have time for autos. Spell vamp provides much more sustain than life steal over the general course of a fight.

AP katarina can get more out of her build than pure damage. She can get spell penetration through abyssal scepter or void staff, to vastly increase the amount of damage dealt, and she can build DFG to multiply her damage. No such item is available for AD katarina. IE is the comparable AD item, and I personally don't see any synergy with katarina. AP katarina can get a slow from rylais if she pleases, the active from zhonyas (as well as defensive stats, of which there are few AD items with viable defensive stats).

All the while AD kat has... AD and life steal. No extra utility, no abyssal scepter aura for her team. Just AD and life steal. How am I wrong here?

AD Kat works because Kat automatically autoattacks after SHunpos, and having a legitimate autoattack is nice against skilled players who will almost always interrupt Lotus before it deals much damage.

AD Items offer much better and much more defensive stats than AP items.

AD provides safer laning and increased farm due to a higher ratio on BB.

AD allows you to participate in helping your jungler secure objectives like Dragon and buffs better.

AD often confuses enemy players into itemizing for the wrong defensive stats.

I could go on, but I think it's lost on you guys.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
Enjoy your PHD in being gold.

I'm a garbage player. I suck at this game. You're on the same level as me. Don't assume that I think I am better than you, I'm not. I am just better at applying logic and understanding, and have spent a lot of time studying and thinking about this game, more so than one particular champion.

Yes, you're specialized, but that hinders you, it doesn't help you in this case. You're completely biased.

I don't care about my rating. I care about having fun. I'm too old for all this competitive bull****. I have more fun and play better as AD Kat than I do as AP. I don't care that you don't believe what I believe, I just wish you wouldn't go around spouting that X is better than Y without firsthand experience.

That kind of attitude is very childish.

Josh de Tonreau

08-09-2012

AD is anti veigar
AD is unexpected
AD isn't just 5 bloodthirsters..
AD is sustained AND burst because crit = burst as well as her abilities