Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot. AP Kat Or No Kat Is Not Acceptable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morrocc

08-09-2012

This thread's title is confusing as sh!t.

Josh de Tonreau

08-09-2012

YES
Just listen to the man
Kage is what you rush if you're going ap
And maybe

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
Yeah okay. Just like gunblade isn't good on jax, right?

(tip: gunblade is awesome. the slow is awesome. the spell vamp is awesome, the offensive stats are awesome.)

So you choose to not give a valid reason due to the supposition that I would ignore said reason? Why did you make this thread again?

I understand that we are on general discussion, and that most posts are garbage, but you are accusing the ENTIRELY wrong person of not actually listening to opposing arguments. Currently, in my eyes (and probably countless others), you are wrong. You're not going to change that by not proving any points. Did you make this post to not actually say anything, or did you want to have meaningful discussion?

Tell me why I am wrong.

I don't care if a bunch of jackoffs that don't play Kat in ranked, like I do, think I'm wrong. I'm offended by your spread of misinformation, not your opinion. Stop telling people that AP Kat is the only Kat, because it's frankly not true.

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
I don't care if a bunch of jackoffs that don't play Kat in ranked, like I do, think I'm wrong. I'm offended by your spread of misinformation, not your opinion. Stop telling people that AP Kat is the only Kat, because it's frankly not true.

It is true, though. AD kat is not done in any viable level of play. The most any serious katarina is going to do is build a gunblade. Find me evidence otherwise, and I will concede.

Conversely, if you want me to tell you why AP is the correct, viable, way to play kat I can. It will be lengthy, but just say and I will.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Why do you even have an opinion on this matter when you're clearly not invested in it to any degree like Kat players like me. Save your fingers and keyboard wear and tear and only post in threads that you have more than a passing interest in.

Waldo226

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:

Have you provided any proof that a build other than AD works on Kat?

(not trying to bash, but you need proof.)

bob000

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Please don't remove BB's AD scaling. If you have to, nerf the ratio. But don't remove it because of some crappy Akali-esque feature that doesn't add to the character in any meaningful way. I'd much rather have .75 bonus AD than bonus damage that will most likely not make up for any losses due to the lack of dual scaling, the lack of KI's damage, and the new, probably nerfed BB damage.

We like our hybrids to stay hybrids thanks. We don't want AP Kat or no Kat.

AD Kat died long ago.

Ahriman1

08-09-2012

Quote:
Katarìna:
Why do you even have an opinion on this matter when you're clearly not invested in it to any degree like Kat players like me. Save your fingers and keyboard wear and tear and only post in threads that you have more than a passing interest in.

So because I do not play katarina (nor mid at all for that matter), I do not have investment in her? I will make this clear to you: I love this game. I care about this GAME. Not just katarina, the game as a whole. You accuse me of spreading misinformation, but have not done anything at all to provide any correct information of your own.

Katarìna

08-09-2012

Quote:
Ahriman1:
It is true, though. AD kat is not done in any viable level of play. The most any serious katarina is going to do is build a gunblade. Find me evidence otherwise, and I will concede.

Conversely, if you want me to tell you why AP is the correct, viable, way to play kat I can. It will be lengthy, but just say and I will.

AD Kat isn't played because people get comfortable playing her AP successfully and can't or won't adjust to the slightly different playstyle.

Why fix what isn't broken; why play AD when AP works fine? Here's why: A lot of Kat players that play her different ways have played so many AP Kat games that it's not fun anymore, and the challenge of playing her a different way brings the fun back. So we play some AP Kat, and switch to a different build for a while, then switch back.

Tarroyn

08-09-2012

Tiensi No Akuma (if that's how it is spelled) is considered to be one of the best Katarina players ever, and he rushes gunblade, building no other items that give ad. While i believe he runs ad runes, as it is Kat's optimal build for the high rated Kat players is straight ap after gunblade. As it was Kat was built straight ap, the changes will not push kat players further in that direction. Riot does not try to push non-optimal builds without making the main way of playing different, hence changes to ap trynd.