Riot. AP Kat Or No Kat Is Not Acceptable.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sea Mang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataržna View Post
I am a little irate. Unfortunately Riot is less likely to respond to irate than rationality.
And right now, RIOT is not very rational with us either.

Kataržna

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruyan View Post
why does everyone who brings up remakes always go to probably one of the worst(who also just happened and they already acknowledged was probably an undershot)

xin remake was successful jax remake was successful kayle remake was successful(once people realized it) ryze remake was successful trynds remake was also pretty successful even though he isnt played.

the only two bad remakes atm are twitch and eve. so please, dont try and say that "riot remakes are horrible" thing here

as for this thread. i agree, at the very least switch the scaling from the sinister steel to the bouncing blades.

and do something about the long range grevious wounds coming back, as i personally enjoyed that aspect of it

and finally, wheres my gold on kill/assist?
Kat's laning phase and burst was reduced in so many ways just to give her a new spell that I would be surprised if she remains playable.

She's gonna fall off so hard around mid game now it's not even funny.

Miserabilia

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sea Mang View Post
Exactly. It is Blizzard.
Eh I wasn't disagreeing or anything, nor is it really that new. Remember the whole Q&A with Trynd and how much of that actually came into fruition? It's really more of an attempt to calm the masses rather than actually trying to improve. And just for an example and not to try to deviate from the point of this thread but how much of what was actually said, done.

Either way Riot has promise so I really hope they at least try to talk to the community before completely implementing the Kat changes.

Quote:
I am a little irate. Unfortunately Riot is less likely to respond to irate than rationality.
Responding is pointless unless it leads to something which, in terms of how they've been going about doing things recently, it won't.

The Sea Mang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

Quote:
Kat's laning phase and burst was reduced in so many ways just to give her a new spell that I would be surprised if she remains playable.

She's gonna fall off so hard around mid game now it's not even funny.
And I completely agree with that. Trying to introduce some new garbage spell this way. Not a good idea. If they wanted to that bad, they should've made another champion similar to her with this "rework". Almost no communication with the community for this rework and now it is soon to be live? I don't like it one bit, Katarina. I'm just ticked about the fact that they'd disregard 2K+ Kat player's opinions for this "amazing" rework.

The Sea Mang

08-10-2012

Bump.

Kataržna

08-10-2012

Whoever they had working on this clearly did not spend enough time playing Kat. Original post edited to reflect my current opinion and the PBE numbers.

BCartfall

08-10-2012

Sinister Steel -
40/80/120/160/200 (.3 AP Ratio) (.6 AD Ratio)
12/18/26/34.5/44% Movement Speed

How is no one excited about this

Skögul

08-10-2012

http://imgur.com/n5imm

>_>

The Sea Mang

08-10-2012

Quote:
Edit: Keep Bouning Blade's AD scaling, remove this new spell's AD scaling. Problem solved.

Riot, you really need to take a moment and speak with us about this. You nerfed Kat's laning phase so hard, and nerfed her burst so hard that there's not even going to be incentive to pick her anymore. We'd like to speak with whoever did this in a relatively calm, intelligent manner.

Reducing Bouncing Blade's base damage when it's already one of the lowest damage rank 1 spells in the game. Especially since players aren't often the original target. Removing the ability to make it do full damage on all bounces. Removing its dual scaling. None of this is cool, and that piddling little mark damage with a poor ratio doesn't make up for what we've lost.

Reducing Shunpo's AP ratio from .7 to .4. Not cool, but I understand why. If you want to reduce it THAT much, give it dual scaling.

Keeping the functionality of Lotus, adding a 3 second healing reduction gimmick, and reducing the overall damage. Not cool.

Cool new spell. Unfortunately, extra mobility and a short range AoE does me no good when I can't kill things because my early game is so much worse than before that I'll get zoned into oblivion by any mid worth his salt. Again, not cool.

You'd have treated us better by giving Shunpo AD scaling and making Killer Instinct's a 3 second buff that buffs all spells used within that 3 seconds. And leaving everything else the hell alone.
Nicely edited. I might just stay out and keep my mouth shut now since I'm not a very nice person.

Kataržna

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkŲgul View Post
Grats you can kill people not trying on the PBE. 1/20 Morde is no indication of her current strength.