Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is it possible for Mordekaiser to beat Cassiopeia in mid lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiveofswords

09-29-2012

Quote:
AlphariusRising:
It isn't a good matchup for kills, but the good thing is her CC is weak, so she can't stop you from doing what Morde does: Instakills 6 minions, then goes and does wraiths and/or wolves. Go into teamfights with a full build at 30 minutes and ults the carry.

you better have amazing move speed or you just die. Cass actually does have good cc she jsut cant cast it often...but she will catch you anyway because of move speed

feederjones

09-30-2012

Gotta dodge those q's man!

deirin

09-30-2012

Quote:
Crooks17110:
One time I chose Mordekaiser and the enemy went Cassiopeia and I couldn't do a thing. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

i beat a lot of cass mid but every time it ....depends...

basically,

1)cass will most likelly miss if you got mvt speed..u get a lot harder to aim(dont stand in middle mob...get to her from side of mob keeping enemy mob in ur e for more shield

2)a starting cass poison aint strong enought to farm every mob....so...outfarm her at start and snowball the **** outta her

3)if these 2 dont work...ur basically fked...u need to get wraith to keep lvl diff focus on farming every minion not kill but dmg her so that she dont think about ulti kill u

4) never let ur hp below 3/4 hp if her ulti up

5) if her ulti up... u can outrange it e run back... or.... flash behind her if shes low hp

6) if low hp under turret yea....flash e and r is a thing she aint used to

7) if she outfarm u and outkill u ur royally fked, u need to gamble the game on ganking enemy player outside mid make 1 and only 1 bet...make sure its the right timing...if fail...game over u lost...

8)depending on what she gets ur focus on item should be dmg for full shield all the time and then hp for rylai

9)cass slow u, never engage without being sure u can get way...like a corner, ur minion attack, her minion to get u shield or something to block her vision

10) thats it gl ur pro morde vs cass

Anzell

09-30-2012

When counter picked or when you lane vs someone or a character you don't do well against it I feel it comes down to building smart.
I've seen others give some good tips so my apologies if I'm repeating.
You could use speed and positioning to your advantage to dodge the poison, or even play aggressively and use your shield to help cover the damage from the poison.
If that fails there is always playing passively, still doing your best to run up and last hit and stay in exp range while building kage's pick to keep up gold or build a earlier force of nature than usual or even a spirit visage.

LessHerpMoreDerp

09-30-2012

last time i midded vs cass as katharina i didnt really have a hard time after i hitted lvl 3, i can just jump in, hit that w and get out of there, even faster if i hit cass.

Happy Decoy

09-30-2012

Quote:
Crooks17110:
One time I chose Mordekaiser and the enemy went Cassiopeia and I couldn't do a thing. Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Seems to me that you'll get forced out of lane by pokes and outfarmed, assuming the Cass player and the Morde player are even skill levels. Bad pairing.

Nishaven90

10-02-2012

I'm a Mordekaiser main and I have to say Cassiopeia is probably one of the hardest lanes for Mordekaiser to go up against. A good Cassiopeia will not let you dodge her skillshots and your shield is very bad in the early game making for a hard lane.

Marshkip

Recruiter

07-01-2013

Quote:
Fiveofswords:
cass is very strong vs morde...dunno why you want to be mid with morde anyway...isnt morde usually top?

cass is a pretty solid mid..not many champs are good vs her..but there are some. I have had terrible trouble with ahri and leblanc...champs with bust and gap closers are difficult for cass...akali would count also i guess though shes usually top

They're both mid laners...(Mordekaiser and Akali) that can sometimes be played top. Most commonly if mid is AD

deirin

07-01-2013

Quote:
Crooks17110:

picking a morde vs a cass is like...starting with 400 less gold... not impossible to overcome but a pain...
+she has better end game