☆☆☆ Separating the Unskilled Player Option From Report Types ☆☆☆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

08-09-2012

It happens. People get reported for intentional feeding when they are actually unskilled. People get the idea that players can get suspended for being reported as an Unskilled player. Players tell others to report (for unskilled play) and the targets think it's the attempt to create falsified reports to get them suspended unjustly.

If Riot Games really wants to make matchmaking more accurate with Unskilled Player reporting then the following should be done.

1. Remove Unskilled Player from the report player menu.

2. Add a new rating icon near the summoner's names in post window.

3. Have a window pop up with thumbs up or thumbs down when the rating icon is clicked.

Thumbs up will be for good play, thumbs down for bad play. Now when a player wants to rate another as unskilled and let them know it, they will say thumbs down instead of reported and there should be far less confusion on the matter.

A relatively doable change to the interface imo.

Magus Crow

08-09-2012

I'm not certain how much this will actually accomplish. It appears to me that most people report for intentional feeding because they feel that poor play actually is a bannable offense. So long as the intentional feeding report option is available (and I see no reason to remove it as this is indeed a problem) there will be people that are going to click this instead of anything Riot can do to improve the matchmaking with the poorer players.

JohnnyOmega

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus Crow View Post
I'm not certain how much this will actually accomplish. It appears to me that most people report for intentional feeding because they feel that poor play actually is a bannable offense. So long as the intentional feeding report option is available (and I see no reason to remove it as this is indeed a problem) there will be people that are going to click this instead of anything Riot can do to improve the matchmaking with the poorer players.
It probably won't accomplish a lot but it may accomplish just enough to warrant this amount of change.

Magus Crow

08-09-2012

I think the real problem here is that people are not EDUCATED enough in what constitues intentional feeding and what is simply poor play. I'm not exactly sure how to fix it but I'm not sure that the proper solution is to implement more features.

JohnnyOmega

08-09-2012

Well it's always a work in progress, and speaking of education, I would love to see an in-game tutorial for understanding how to recognize different types of violations. Add a one-time only special reward for finishing the steps in the tutorial and it could be a step into the right direction.

Mokkun

08-09-2012

We need to get wowcrendor to make a video of different violation types, and how to determine them. Then make it mandatory watching.

(If you don't know who I'm talking about, look him up on youtube.)

why šo serious

08-09-2012

or got counted on their lane causing them died too many time