Are there BOTS in LoL now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buka Da Deadly

08-09-2012

I have a question about botting in LoL. And what im referring to in this post is not playing vs the AI computers. I'm talking about people running programs that que them into 5v5 pvp games and run around farming minions while staying away from the enemy team in order to farm influence points. The program in no way responds to anything its team mates are doing and will rarely deviate from its initial lane even when there is already 2 people there. I have some experience using these programs on world of warcraft and I can spot a bot when i see one. The player was named whoatemydimsum and I advise someone to look into this since botting could become a huge problem as it is in WoW if indeed it now exists in LoL. ( Yes i know everyone will be screaming hypocrite but I quit botting once i realized the detriment it caused the economy ) Has anyone heard of players using these programs in LoL because if this wasn't a BOT, then this person knew how to mimic one perfectly.

Ricky B0bby

08-09-2012

I've seen one before

Emperor Azrael

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Pretty sure WoW bot experience doesn't transfer over.

Considering you're the first person to ever talk about bots, I doubt they really exist.

Bonabon

08-09-2012

I've seen some pretty suspicious behavior coming from people that seems bot-like. I just report them for "AFK" and explain what I'm actually reporting in the comment section.

Obama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Its quite easy to tell if someone is botting. If a player gets multiple reports from multiple games that indicates such bot like behavior, the player would be investigation and then banned

ElementzPRO

08-09-2012

I really doubt anyone is botting in league. I've personally looked into making a bot that wouldn't get banned by the tribunal and it is hard. It would probably take me a month or two of hard work to make it and it's just not worth that kind of time.

Buka Da Deadly

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFinishWars View Post
Pretty sure WoW bot experience doesn't transfer over.

Considering you're the first person to ever talk about bots, I doubt they really exist.
Actually if you have botted before and understand how they work it does transfer over and this certainly looked like a bot following a script of "if then what". She was tristana, only used her abilities to flee the enemy, never left mid lane except once to the bottom lane at 30min to auto attack a minion wave. Would only auto attack the enemy team and strangely never got caught out of position. She only auto attacked minions, never spoke, and played double mid with our idiot heimerdinger who swore at her the whole game to leave mid. That really sounds like new player behavior? Yes you can dismiss this by saying she was careful but when you look at it in game from a perspective of how bots work, it is very easy to notice.

1windowsxp

08-09-2012

Or maybe because he's level 8 and has no idea how to play the game yet? Him being a bot is VERY unlikely.

Legendary Drew

08-09-2012

i had someone act like a ****** ealier and not want to leave there lane all game. but they typed a few times and i could tell they were just bad. also started 0/8 so clearly werent avoiding champions lol. we still won though bc i got super fed as ez. finished with 23 kills i think so it made him less annoying

PlaymakerGG

08-09-2012

I've only ever seen one that I was sure of. Following the exact same routes and using the exact same ability sequence over and over. Only time the player would respond was when you used their name plus the word bot in chat, they would spout of some generic 'my lag is so bad' 'I'm not sure what is happening with my connection' phrases.