I do Lore, Judgments, and Champion Themes!

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poeta Somnium

08-09-2012

Hello all, Poet Ultima here. You may have seen my concept Virgil - The Wandering Storyteller, and if not, I invite you all to take a look.

Virgil has enjoyed rather decent success here on the forums, and you'll probably notice that alot of it has nothing to do with his kit or his numbers, which I'll admit are rather lackluster. The people who fell in love with Virgil fell in love with the character, not the kit.

While the calculative aspect of champion design has proved to be the bane of my existence, I like to think myself a rather competent wordsmith, among other things. If you can handle the numbers, then maybe I can lend a hand with the rest of it.

Do you have a kit without a character? A concept without a soul? Is your champion a bland piece of toast in dire need of some creative jelly? I invite you to partake in my jelly, good friends. (....ew.)

If you need lore, a League Judgment, or an original theme composed, I can do all of these things. And more. Just want some advice on writing in general? I can help you there, too.

I am no longer requiring a review of my champion in exchange for these services. Virgil is, for all intents and purposes, done. If you feel like doing a review or have an idea to make him better, feel free to offer it, but it's a little ridiculous that I should make people work so hard trying to find flaws with my champion in exchange for helping them with theirs. =) For those of you that already did reviews, thank you for your CONSIDERABLE time. Reviewing Virgil is no small task.

Some guidelines;

Give me something to work with.

-I will not create a champion for you from the ground up. If that were the case then it would be my character, not yours. I need a character outline, even it's just a rough idea of what you want your character to be like.

-Lore is a prerequisite to a League Judgment. If you want a League Judgment, you should already have at least a drafted lore. If you want me to handle both, you can expect it to take longer.

Themes:

-Themes are a matter of artistic interpretation. Most will be around three minutes long, and may range from anything as simple as a piano solo to a chamber quintet to full orchestration, depending on what I feel is appropriate for the character.

-I will not be recording live instuments. Everything will be done using point-and-click music software and some MIDI keyboards. This is due to the fact that A.) I don't have access to a live orchestra and B.) It's just easier. Live recording is time consuming, tedious, and nearly impossible when you have a Chihuahua in the background that won't shut up.

-If you want the League of Legends motif thrown in, (the traditional login screen music,) let me know. But understand that this will put a lot of limitations on what I'm able to do creatively, potentially diminishing the quality of the piece and meaning a longer wait before it's completed.

General:

-I reserve the right to refuse any request. The most common reason for this will be a lack of existing information. If you don't at least provide me with a foundation, there isn't much I can do for you. But I will do my best to explain what is preventing me from beginning work on your concept.

-There is no concrete deadline in which you can expect anything to be done, and projects will be undertaken and completed in the order in which inspiraton dictates, not the order in which they are recieved. I won't let a creative block prevent me from working on another Summoner's request that is more approachable.

-If you need something of another media; a poem, a short story etc, let me know. I'm pretty versatile.

-I don't mean to sound like an ass, but creative property is creative property. If you use any of my work in your concept, I expect to be credited for it. If not.... then you can look forward to me spamming your thread with increasing hostility until my name is tagged alongside of it. I don't tolerate plagiarism.

-I haven't drawn anything in.... somewhere between five and seven years? Please don't ask me to draw up concept art. It will only offend you.

-To Clarify: A League Judgment is NOT a review of your champion. A League Judgment is a short story detailing a Champion's trial and acceptance into the League of Legends. Emissary Sylph was kind enough to amass all official League Judgments here if you are interested in examples.

-To Clarify the Clarification: I don't do reviews. Not in-depth ones, anyway. I may comment on this aspect or that, but full reviews are simply too much of a burden on top of all the other work I have. Sorry! =(

Who The **** Are You and What Are Your Qualifications?

Good question. As the name suggests, I am a published poet, and the author of a few hundred poems that will never see the light of day. I was the senior editor of my high school newspaper for three years, have done some freelance journalism, have a novel in the works as well as an erotic novel (^.^) with a few short stories floating around of various genres. I'm no Tolkein or Whitman, but I'm good.

I have no musical training outside of high-school choir, in which I sang as a doublebass (stoooopid low), bass, baritone, and a "Heldentenor", (somewhere between a baritone and a true tenor). I play piano, keyboard, acoustic and electric guitar, electric bass, a little dulcimer, harmonica, mandolin, violin, and harp, all of which are self-taught. I can't play drums to save my life, even on Rockband. My musical styles range from Celtic, folk and classical. My real passion is symphonic metal, (look up Nightwish, Epica, or Rhapsody,) so if you want a harder sound let me know. I've also written some rap beats for a friend, although it isn't my forte. I've dabbled in jazz and country with horrid results.

There is of course my champion concept; everything you want to know about my creative capabilities is in there.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2353889

Requests:

When making a request, you should include;

- A link to your champion.

- What you are looking for; Lore, Judgment, Theme, or some combination.

- A brief description of what your champion is all about from a character perspective.

- Any specific things you want me to include or themes you want me to highlight.

Umm.... go!

Pending Commissions:

Track the progress of your request here! I will update the statuses as each project nears completion.

Quote:
Status Key:

- (Dormant) I have not yet begun work on this project.
- (Early Development) I have notes and ideas for this project, but have not begun full production.
- (Full Production) I am satisfied with the draft/outline and have begun working toward a final product.
- (Revision) The project is complete. I review it for quality and make changes as necessary.
- (Post-Production) Done! The uploading phase has begun. Texts will skip this step, as it is more or less instantaneous. Themes however require convertion of the audio files and the time it takes to upload the track to Youtube.
- Completed projects will be removed from the pending list.
[CENTER]Post-Production

None.

Revision

None.

Full Production

Lore for Runt - The Medic
Lore for Howl - The Holy Paladin
Lore for Tyzone - Scholar of the Void

Early Development

Lore for Tarsus - the Shadow's Guard
Judgment for Tarsus - the Shadow's Guard
Lore for AsnjŰ, the Void Avoider
Theme for Tarsus - the Shadow's Guard
Lore for Baphomet - The Unborn
Lore for Ignis - The Blacksmith
Lore for Grootslang - Spawn of the Mire

Dormant

League Judgment for Tyzone - Scholar of the Void
Theme for Tyzone - Scholar of the Void
Lore for Quinn - The Plane Shifted
Lore for Carpus - The Incarnation of Sin
Lore for Mhar˙, The Killer Crucible
Lore for Daichi - The Telepath Master
Lore for Lance - The Minion King
League Judgment for Grootslang - Spawn of the Mire
Theme for Grootslang - Spawn of the Mire
Lore for Lila - The Gloved Hand
Lore for Sooty - The Black Cat
League Judgment for Sooty - The Black Cat
Theme for Sooty - The Black Cat[/CENTER]

References

It has become obvious that I won't be able to catalog everything into this post; there simply isn't enough room!

I have started a new thread amassing all my work here. If your are interested in the projects I've done for other summoners, take a look.

Script Lord

08-09-2012

Hey, buddy. I know I didn't do a formal review of your champion, but I at least tried to help you with one of his abilities that was tricky. Would that qualify, or am I just barking up the wrong tree?

Poeta Somnium

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Script Lord View Post
Hey, buddy. I know I didn't do a formal review of your champion, but I at least tried to help you with one of his abilities that was tricky. Would that qualify, or am I just barking up the wrong tree?
Your wish is my command. =)

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Very well, I shall review ur concept now. Its big though, so it may take me some time to read it all and evaluate. When I'm done and have posted it, I'll let you know in this thread.

Script Lord

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
Your wish is my command. =)
....Can I request here?

pengwndude

08-09-2012

pretty good
i can imagine this character
his lore seems more like poetry than the standard lore though. however, it's clear you know how to whip a tale up
one thing of spelling, i believe it's Valoran not Valoren, but that's minor

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4&highlight=kc

i'd appreciate it if you'd look this over. i have a character who's physical design is currently being illustrated. The concept of this character is supposed to be somewhat a implied blood relation to sona, but not certain. i'll admit, i'm not much of a writer and my story isn't exactly set or polished. i was hoping you could give some imput?

thanks much

Poeta Somnium

08-09-2012

Quote:
....Can I request here?
lol that's what this thread is for.

Script Lord

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
lol that's what this thread is for.
Then can you do a League Judgement for Faust, the Merchant of Death?

Also, note that I finally settled on his Passive's effect. 10 AP for 5% of his max health every 24 seconds.

Poeta Somnium

08-09-2012

Quote:
Then can you do a League Judgement for Faust, the Merchant of Death?

Also, note that I finally settled on his Passive's effect. 10 AP for 5% of his max health every 24 seconds.
Can you give me a quick rundown as to what he looks like? It helps if I can 'see' the character I'm writing about. If not, I can draft up a description of what I imagine him looking like and work with that.

pengwndude

08-09-2012

can you look mine over?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...4&highlight=kc

1234511 ... 17