Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion Relaunch: Katarina, the Sinister Blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solo Mid Nasus

08-10-2012

this looks stupid. Old kat was fine, 90% win with her in ranked...

mrboogy

08-10-2012

I still don't think you need to remake her. I do perfectly in team fights with her. And killer instincts is what made her challenging! I really don't like this remake! Q.Q

Vaiyo

08-10-2012

kat is a champion with such a huge skill cap - there's a huge difference separating good katarinas from great katarinas
now she just looks like a neckbeard faceroll champ like akali euuughh

Jared 99

08-10-2012

i just hope shes not op anymore

GodDamnedBatman

08-10-2012

Quote:
bxdarkangel:
i dont like the rework. at all. been playin kat for like, 2 years now without an issue except for the death lotus stopping power all other champs get.
kats issues
1. every champ and their mother has some form of cc to stop her ult. (stun, knock up, move to the side slightly, etc.)
2. bouncing blade is too random

the best change to kat in my opinion was when Riot gave her the buff with killer instincts. being able to chose front or back of target with shunpo. the new movement speed buff is well, useless. anyone who plays kat will tell u, as soon as she enters a teamfight, she is focused down, stunned, and screwed. Move speed wont help this. all kat players wait for the opportune moment to enter a team fight so they dont get slammed. having another ability that relys on being surrounded by the enemy is a waste of an ability slot.

If you really wanna fix bouncing blade, make it prioritize champs. every other champ nowadays, albeit an old champ or a new one, all of their ricochet abilities prioritize champs.
Wanna stop kat from being shut down so hardcore? Easy, stop giving every new champ tht comes out a redundant CC ability (draven and his little push to the side ability)
or even better, make her able to use a zhonya's hourglass during her ult like fiddle can.

C'mon Riot, Katarinas my absolute fave champ. Don't take her away T_T

Bouncing blade is no longer random, and if it prioratizes champions the blade shunpo may be too strong because of the extra mark, also in a teamfight this will mark all champions, so if they get hit by her new ability we may also see more burt there, we will have to wait and see the balance on that.

Also, kat is not that strong lategame were mostly teamfights happen, she's more of an early-snowball champ, and the changes seem to go oriented that way

And the new model is awesome, no more octopus head

Zhonyas on ult would be cool though

Nave222

08-10-2012

i love these changes, it will be interesting to say the least.

Yoshoken

08-10-2012

I'm coming back just to test out of this change, which will give me a chance to use my Kitty Kat skin again.

DarkLinkin

08-10-2012

I wated mafia graves on sale

ImmaWolfy

08-10-2012

So..Give her akali's Q but add bouncing to it? This is truly truly outrageous. No but seriously, is her w going to work similar to akali's e, except it doesnt activate the mark. Or is it more of an active for a short time rather than an instant thing.

D E Merry

08-10-2012

The numbers are ****ed up.
Okay so level 5 Shunpo has 205 damage and .4 scaling and ultimate at level one deals 385 damage per dagger?!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champions/55/katarina_the_sinister_blade