What would you do for a klondike bar?

turn around and face darius even though you've 5 hemm stacks and at 15% HP 93 18.45%
use your ult on jax while he's a helicopter 132 26.19%
Run through a field of AP teemo mushrooms while you've 5 MR 106 21.03%
have your entire team bunch up for a 6 tiamat fiora ult 173 34.33%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Ghostblade Riven Skin Concept (Concept Art Inside)

1234511 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Protect me Tomoe

08-09-2012

Seeing as this thread is dying (partially due to the original subpar and very bad art attempts that I took down, as well as the late arrival of actually decent art and a decent argument and updates on the first page) I am going to ask everyone to please let this thread die and not post in here anymore.

I am going to be polishing the art more like someone suggested with a new program and I'll make a new thread when I have convincing and powerful art to upload. Thank you all so much, keep a look out for "Riven, the Spirit Hunter" skin concept in a few days

ALSO FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IN LEAGUE! Or email me ideas at rikkitrejo@yahoo.com, thank you! You can also find me here most of the time http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2425713

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper94 View Post
Woah man, is that gauze on her right eye?
Riven is now automatically sexy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryswar View Post
Oh god.
The skin idea, the art, and the poll alike are all beautiful. All of my upvotes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakk087 View Post
I think this is a pretty good idea, frankly, and has some interesting merit and potential.

o7 A hardy +1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxJaZe View Post
If this happens, I will suck it up and buy ghostblade on riven every game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Script yohhh View Post
I actually quite like this skin idea.
It's the first Riven skin idea I've liked on this forum.
Well done.

Youmu Will Fight here. Hey community.

When the Lux name change happened I realized how many of us were touhou fans, or became touhou fans thanks to Shurelia's involvement in creating Lux. Anyway, I digress; I love Riven, how easy she is to pick up, how mobile she is, her white hair and serious demeanor, and, of course, her being a sword-wielding female. One of her recommended items (albeit terrible on her) is the Ghostblade, and it's really one of the most romantic weapons in the game, it's particle effects, activation sound and its art is so different from other store items that if I'm ever truly ahead of my enemy I'll go ahead and build it.

I've done it so much that, depite being a terrible artist, I convinced myself to go ahead and try making a skin concept revolving around that idea, and base a good chunk of the visual representation off of Youmu, the blade's owner from touhou. As you can see the current concept is very plain; a white shirt, bloody bandages, green shorts and black boots. What I picture is the main selling point being the particle effects. stylized blossoms and butterflies would make a beautiful spell effect that would leave most in awe. Even if you hate the item, you can't argue that the activation sound and the flowers of the ghostblade don't give you the "This is it, I decide the outcome of this fight...!!" feeling, and I want that translated into an entire champion skin. A number of posts have told me to consider making this a champion concept, but I know I can't compete with the quality of champions (visually, at least) riot is pumping out, and if this ever has a chance of becoming reality a skin concept is my best bet.
I dont care if it takes years for any red to ever come close to commenting on this, I want them to at least look at it.

tl;dr

durr hurr i fink dis good ideea fur riven skin hurrr

I added a poll because people like to click on those.

Please bump~

EDITS

August 9th 2012- We reached 20 votes and at work I realized that having her with a green outfit is not a reference to Youmu, but a direct copy. I also noticed her skirt was very bland and poorly drawn, as well as some other dimensions of her. The bloody bandages add a nice touch, but maybe I should reveal an eye, or during Blade of the Exile have the eye bandages fall off. Perhaps I should add bandages on her legs, as they look very plain and tube-like. What makes riven is her gauntlet and shoulderpad, maybe I can add a guantlet, but the shoulder pad might not go well with her vest and dress shirt. Time to plug in my tablet.

August10th, 2012-

We've reached 60 upvotes! I took down the reference art because I dont want people to think I drew that. I replaced it with an updated version, this time revealing an eye, fixing the thumb problem. I gave her wilder hair and removed the skirt and increased bust size in order to compete with other riven concept arts that show her in a more revealing manner. added some petals and butterflies to further enforce my goal: To make a serious skin that has beautiful spell effects, much like the ghostblade's active. I gave her a gauntlet to make her look more "riven" and adjusted her swords' direction. The most notable change however is removing her vest, as it was too direct a reference to Youmu. Feedback is appreciated. I also minimized the chicken leg dilemma to the best of my abilities, but I am not a very good artist. Continue with the support.
We're also at 2,100 views! of which only sixty of those views have liked. D: But it's progress, keep it up!

August 11th, 2012-
It's about 5 minutes until its actually the 11th, so technically its still the 10th. Anyway, while I was at work we reached 100 upvotes! we have 3.9k views and some devoted followers! Alrighty. I got some feedback to take away more youmu and add more Riven. I'll be doing that next update, but please keep recommending things so I can make a concept everyone is happy with. If we all agree on something the possibility of riot implementing skyrockets!

Real August 11th, 2012-

Slow day for votes. Tried doing some more art, failed miserably because Im terrible. Realized I cant draw koalas or chickens either, but it aint gonna stop me..

The day After
-
Im a terrible artist but I drew another picture. I had a picture of Cirno lying down in a similar fashion and stole the pose and the idea of laying down in water. Its a **** shame I'm terrible or else it'd be good. I took down the original vested/dress-wearing design and updated it with the more rebellious and wild concept. Also uploaded the swarm of koalas I promised A Swarm of Koala. Updated the intro as well. Thanks for the continued support.

The day after that-

Removed the shorts wearing sketch and replaced it with two new bits I drew (with stolen poses from my favorite pictures). Removed the Broken Wings concept while I work on it, we got some new bumps and I feel the quality of my art is slightly increasing. I gave her a more "riven" feel like adding armor... on her legs. lol. Went for a more crazy-eyed look as opposed to rebellious because I figured if youre running around with a sword that can kill spirits (what) you might as well be a bit nutty. Feedback appreciated.

Incentives:

Anyone who can suggest things/draw additional concepts/becomes a dedicated bumper I'll draw horribly misshapen animals with their names on them.

List of disfigured animals I must draw and their status

1. Ugly Koalas for summoner A Swarm of Koala- Completed, thank you! :3
2. Butterchicken for summoner Saigyoují Yuyuko- Completed, thank you for all your support!
3. Something with large breast for summoner Yuugi the Strong- In progress.

Aspari

08-09-2012

That's actually really good imo. My only concern is if it'll appeal to anyone other than people who like the anime style

Wyldkard

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevchenko View Post
That's actually really good imo. My only concern is if it'll appeal to anyone other than people who like the anime style
Riven is an Anime-y character already though

TheEnygma

08-09-2012

strangely enough

I'd rather have this be an actual champion then a skin but coo idea though

Moosenocalypse

08-09-2012

Touhou skins for everyone! Especially Trundle.

Commando Wolf

08-09-2012

Wow! This is really good! Good luck with the reds.
Bump

Protect me Tomoe

08-09-2012

thanks for the support guys. Please bookmark this page and come back when youve nothing to do and bump. :3

Stormsoul

08-09-2012

would be a cool legendary, i'd buy it

YossarianSensei

08-09-2012

Sounds cool

Protect me Tomoe

08-09-2012

bump

1234511 ... 25