Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I hate the new ready check button

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Graogg

Recruiter

08-09-2012

Quote:
FDru:
I love the idea. It's something that's been needed for a very long time, and it's about time Riot put it in.

BUT

10 freaking seconds? My queues are upwards of 20 minutes and I can't even take a leak or grab a drink while waiting because that's not long enough to do anything without getting dropped from the queue.

Do not like. Please increase the timer to something reasonable.

How long do you think would be the minimum time we would need to take a leak or get a drink and still be able to make it back in time? 30 seconds?

NamKim

08-09-2012

Ah, so it is ten seconds. To be honest, I never counted it before but it feels a lot shorter.

To be honest, I would be okay with 15-20 seconds. Personally, I would be okay if the counter went to 30 seconds.

I mean, not having enough time to go to the bathroom or get a cup of water or something is more of a Dominion specific problem. So, I do not see Riot addressing this issue since the fault is lack of summoners. But there has been a few times when I missed a queue just because I sneezed and blew my nose.

Quote:
FDru:
Also why the hell was this moved from GD? I am truly baffled. Truly, truly, truly baffled.

To be honest, I would not even have guessed this was a Dominion topic if I did not see it in the Dominion forum. If they took the queue time as a hint it was Dominion, that is wrong on their part. That is assuming all long queue times = Dominion...

Graogg

Recruiter

08-09-2012

Quote:
NamKim:
Ah, so it is ten seconds. To be honest, I never counted it before but it feels a lot shorter.

To be honest, I would be okay with 15-20 seconds. Personally, I would be okay if the counter went to 30 seconds.

I mean, not having enough time to go to the bathroom or get a cup of water or something is more of a Dominion specific problem. So, I do not see Riot addressing this issue since the fault is lack of summoners. But there has been a few times when I missed a queue just because I sneezed and blew my nose.

How is this a Dominion specific problem? Long queue times exist in both modes.

NamKim

08-09-2012

Quote:
Graogg:
How is this a Dominion specific problem? Long queue times exist in both modes.

I misunderstood. Since this was in the Dominion forum I assumed you posted in the Dominion forum to specifically talk about the Dominion queue. Then I went back and read some of the posts and realized this was originally posted in the General Discussion.

When I am in the Dominion forum, I specifically talk about Dominion. If it is in General Discussion, I assume game mode does not matter.

Also, I rarely see people complain about long queue times for Summoner's Rift unless there is a server problem. So, I apologize, but there was a lot of reason to believe you were talking specifically about Dominion.

Painkillar

08-09-2012

Quote:
FDru:
I love the idea. It's something that's been needed for a very long time, and it's about time Riot put it in.

BUT

10 freaking seconds? My queues are upwards of 20 minutes and I can't even take a leak or grab a drink while waiting because that's not long enough to do anything without getting dropped from the queue.

Do not like. Please increase the timer to something reasonable.

Riot's trying to make a new Olympic sport, "The 10 Meter Mad Dash Back to Your Comp Before You're Thrown Out of Q." You get extra points if your pants are down while running.

TheComet

08-09-2012

Quote:
Painkillar:
Riot's trying to make a new Olympic sport, "The 10 Meter Mad Dash Back to Your Comp Before You're Thrown Out of Q." You get extra points if your pants are down while running.

This post just made my day kind sir

Taenaryn

08-09-2012

Agreed! ^^

FDru

08-09-2012

Quote:
Graogg:
Wait, this post has nothing to do with Dominion. Do you play dominion a lot or something?

I do, but that doesn't explain why it was moved.

Anyway, last time I checked my queue times in SR were around 16 minutes. Definitely not a Dominion specific issue.

BROSEPHIROTH

08-09-2012

I queue up for Dominion. 9/10, requeue. 8/10, requeue. Pick screen, match actually starts. Holy ****, only two requeues before it managed to fire off.

ONLY!

BROSEPHIROTH

08-09-2012

Quote:
BROSEPHIROTH:
I queue up for Dominion. 9/10, requeue. 8/10, requeue. Pick screen, match actually starts. Holy ****, only two requeues before it managed to fire off.

ONLY!

Oh hey the match already ended because we had an AFK player on our team!

This new queue system really does work to stop AFKers!