if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdag View Post
How crucial is smart cast?
not

Hummin

09-24-2012

what do you think about guides on mobafire? their runes are always thrown around and then I see yours being so much diffrent, is it better for that strong begining or something that will hopefully help later?

Hummin

09-24-2012

and whos a good counter to darius, riven, and blitzcrank?

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummin View Post
what do you think about guides on mobafire? their runes are always thrown around and then I see yours being so much diffrent, is it better for that strong begining or something that will hopefully help later?
guides on mobafire on meh. good ones and bad ones.

Generally early game runes are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummin View Post
and whos a good counter to darius, riven, and blitzcrank?
A good teemo and jayce beat darius. a good jayce wukong and ken beat riven. irelia also beats riven later, around lvl 8.

Blitzcrank is countered by people who like to get pulled. leona amumu galio etc

Hirumonogatari

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Typically when I play a skillshot based champion, the best way to guarantee a hit is to shoot where someone is going to move to get a cs. Try moving erratically constantly so you are harder to predict, and try hiding behind minions as much as possible. Generally though, this is just practice. having a high ping is also bad. .5 seconds is an incredibly long time. In fighting games, that's like 30 frames. thats forever. you honestly should get that fixed, or switch to playing jungle where u dont need to dodge skillshots.
thanks for the reply. unfortunately it's not something i can fix readily. Oceania is located halfway across the world from America, and unless we get a server here or somehow the laws of physics are broken, we're going to have to live with this ping.

what i was hoping for is if there's some indication that a skillshot is about to be thrown. like if someone is clicking on you their champ glows yellow kind of thing.

since you brought up jungling, is there any jungle champ you could reccommend that is easy to pickup and not skill-shot dependant? i suffer from the same latency problems when trying to land my own skillshots.

Bravest Leader

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
thanks for the reply. unfortunately it's not something i can fix readily. Oceania is located halfway across the world from America, and unless we get a server here or somehow the laws of physics are broken, we're going to have to live with this ping.

what i was hoping for is if there's some indication that a skillshot is about to be thrown. like if someone is clicking on you their champ glows yellow kind of thing.

since you brought up jungling, is there any jungle champ you could reccommend that is easy to pickup and not skill-shot dependant? i suffer from the same latency problems when trying to land my own skillshots.
Warwick, udyr and nunu are all fun, easy to jungle, viable, and have no skillshots

Nakumine

09-25-2012

What do you suggest for how to keep up wards into mid-late game? Whose job should it primarily be (although I know it helps for everyone to pitch in)? One of the things my team is struggling with is a strong early game falling apart mid-late game (still trying to figure out why we fall apart and I actually plan on discussing it with you in your chat room, just too long for here hah).

Anyway, one of the reasons I think is because our warding tends to be good early game, but falls off mid to late game especially if we've lost turrets. It seems like we're always busy trying to push back a lane, or otherwise slips our mind, or that it's just too dangerous to go out there to place wards because they're all over our jungle.

I just had a bit of an epiphany towards our late game strategy typing that out, and maybe one of the problems is that we're always reacting to what they are doing and not instigating things ourselves. Anyway, any thoughts? When I can I'm likely going to find your chat room haha.

Bravest Leader

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakumine View Post
What do you suggest for how to keep up wards into mid-late game? Whose job should it primarily be (although I know it helps for everyone to pitch in)? One of the things my team is struggling with is a strong early game falling apart mid-late game (still trying to figure out why we fall apart and I actually plan on discussing it with you in your chat room, just too long for here hah).

Anyway, one of the reasons I think is because our warding tends to be good early game, but falls off mid to late game especially if we've lost turrets. It seems like we're always busy trying to push back a lane, or otherwise slips our mind, or that it's just too dangerous to go out there to place wards because they're all over our jungle.

I just had a bit of an epiphany towards our late game strategy typing that out, and maybe one of the problems is that we're always reacting to what they are doing and not instigating things ourselves. Anyway, any thoughts? When I can I'm likely going to find your chat room haha.
I'm really late for work atm, I have to go but i'll get to your question asap (2-3 hours)

Nakumine

09-25-2012

No worries, I'm in no rush. I'm at work too so I won't even be able to play till later tonight.

Bravest Leader

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakumine View Post

The support is the primary ward placer, but as you correctly assessed, everyone is responsible for at least one ward imo. 4 extra wards is a lot of coverage, and you should also have the gold to spare, if you are playing well.

when you say you fall apart, do you mean warding wise, or team fighting wise?

as far as warding goes, that often happens bc you have no space left for wards. Easy solution is to finish your items instead of buying 3 pieces you also get distracted and excited. also the places you need to ward change and people arent as sure.

As far as team fighting goes (mid game) that is the most unsure part of the game for most people. should you group yet? should we keep pushing? should we split? how do we ward? am i strong enough to fight yet?

The confusion is often the reason for the "falling apart". You have to know your team comps strengths. do you have corki nid and morg? start poking. do you have amumu viktor and graves? group up and FORCE objectives. do you have shaco sivir and heimer? split push and avoid teamfights, possibly sneak a baron. etc etc. most people think "20 minutes time to group and fight" and that's not always neccesarily true. if someone picked tryndamere he might need 15 minutes more of farm. play to your strengths. if you are fighting against galio and fiddle sticks, ward up and catch fiddle trying to sneak around, and dont you dare teamfight before that.

Currently answering at work, so i wont be in my chat room till about 6. feel free to hop in there anytime though, some people like to hang out there now.