if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rikoLash

02-09-2013

@ jawbreaker

1. If you're 10-0 you should be able to just faceroll down the tower, roam to mid and secure dragon.
3. You're Kog'Maw, you have the range with W to just kite. Buy a GA or warmogs. Just try and survive him by sticking with your team wherever they run and focus the same target that they do even if is not the best idea.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupOrJuice View Post
Question. In your 100 tips about LoL, one of them states you SHOULD listen to music while playing. However, I've played First-Person Shooters semi-competitively before, and almost all of my pro friends say to have no music on so you can communicate. Isn't this true for LoL as well? If so, why do you suggest listening to music? I know these tips are different for everyone, and personally I find it harder to concentrate with music playing, but just curious the though process behind this particular tip. Thanks!

Also, I guess I should ask - I've pretty much given up on League at this point, but do you have any tips/tricks to help laning phase in mid or top? Those are the two that I play more often because they are apparently "easier" but I often get counterpicked or straight up outplayed, and have no idea what to look for in terms of how to mitigate this from happening. Thanks again, and sorry for the long-ish post!
if you are in solo Q there is no voice chat. So it doesnt hurt the communication. When I talk with my friends I usually have music going anyway, I just turn them up and my music down.

When music is playing (that you like) It places you in a more comfortable/relaxed state where you are more likely to be able to remain calm and able to make better decisions under pressure.

As far as mid and top, alot of it is about picking. If you are first picking, go with safe champs that are hard to deny, but can be aggressive as well.

It's very hard to give tips in general when I don't have any details beyond "I'm getting outplayed"

I can help you more if you tell me who was outplaying you and what you tried to do, and how it almost worked/didnt work at all etc. who you are playing, what they are playing, stuff like that.

SoupOrJuice

02-09-2013

Okay here's a more detailed question. If I get counter-picked hard in champion select (eg. 1 game I played I picked Syndra, and they counterpicked with Fizz), how do you NOT lose your lane? And if you DO lose your lane to a counter, how are you supposed to come back when you can't farm at your turret because you get towerdived with ease, and can't roam because you have no gold for wards and consistently get cut off in your jungle?

Any tips about how to come back from a deficit after the laning phase would be helpful other than "just farm" (because, well, farming is impossible when you can get towerdived anywhere and ganked under your turret because you have no wards because no gold).

In the game where I was Syndra, for example, I lost the first death to Fizz because I went a bit too aggressive early. 2nd death was to Shyvana ganking me. After that I just sat at tower and farmed under it, but my next 2 deaths were just towerdives from Fizz + Shyvana. Still no help from my Maokai jungling, btw. So what should I have done, since I couldn't sit under tower? (Note: I did try to roam and gank bottom but just ended up dying because the Fizz followed me down there, and they were also losing their lane).

Just using this game as an example because it's the last game I played/one that is freshest in my mind. Ended up going 1/9/0 after the surrender at 25 minutes (killed the fizz after a teammate with ult/ignite because his E was down).

P.S. What champs would you suggest as "safe" first-picks? It seems like I always have to first pick, and I never know who to pick and after I do, 90% of the time the enemy ends up knowing exactly how to counter that champion. Also, is it worth it learning how to play 1 role extremely well? If so, how do you propose to learn 1 specific lane? (Only reason I ask is that every game I'm forced into a different lane/role because either everyone calls a lane, or I'm farther down the list and don't get much of a say in the role I play, thus being unable to practice the same role multiple times in a row.)

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Okay here's a more detailed question. If I get counter-picked hard in champion select (eg. 1 game I played I picked Syndra, and they counterpicked with Fizz), how do you NOT lose your lane? And if you DO lose your lane to a counter, how are you supposed to come back when you can't farm at your turret because you get towerdived with ease, and can't roam because you have no gold for wards and consistently get cut off in your jungle?

Any tips about how to come back from a deficit after the laning phase would be helpful other than "just farm" (because, well, farming is impossible when you can get towerdived anywhere and ganked under your turret because you have no wards because no gold).

In the game where I was Syndra, for example, I lost the first death to Fizz because I went a bit too aggressive early. 2nd death was to Shyvana ganking me. After that I just sat at tower and farmed under it, but my next 2 deaths were just towerdives from Fizz + Shyvana. Still no help from my Maokai jungling, btw. So what should I have done, since I couldn't sit under tower? (Note: I did try to roam and gank bottom but just ended up dying because the Fizz followed me down there, and they were also losing their lane).

Just using this game as an example because it's the last game I played/one that is freshest in my mind. Ended up going 1/9/0 after the surrender at 25 minutes (killed the fizz after a teammate with ult/ignite because his E was down).

P.S. What champs would you suggest as "safe" first-picks? It seems like I always have to first pick, and I never know who to pick and after I do, 90% of the time the enemy ends up knowing exactly how to counter that champion. Also, is it worth it learning how to play 1 role extremely well? If so, how do you propose to learn 1 specific lane? (Only reason I ask is that every game I'm forced into a different lane/role because either everyone calls a lane, or I'm farther down the list and don't get much of a say in the role I play, thus being unable to practice the same role multiple times in a row.)
the number one way to come back from a lane that you threw is to bait your enemy into mistakes, which they will tend to do, since they like to be overaggressive and press advantages.

Also fizz shouldn't be beating syndra. if he pokes you, you can use your spells to stun him and combo him out. Don't use your skills first, he will pole them and hit you while you are waiting for cooldowns. take advantage of your range to farm. If you really are just locked down 100% go gank a lane.

Kennen ahri and orianna and eve are all generally safe picks

SoupOrJuice

02-09-2013

Alright thanks for the tips. Fizz seems to counter Syndra because he just never uses his pole until you ult, and then just Es to absorb all the damage.

Anyway, bump.

Qsario

02-09-2013

Quote:
P.S. What champs would you suggest as "safe" first-picks? It seems like I always have to first pick, and I never know who to pick and after I do, 90% of the time the enemy ends up knowing exactly how to counter that champion.
Supports are generally safe first picks, but I don't know how well that works for you. I've been a first pick Janna in almost all of my matches with reasonable success, but I wouldn't expect that to work for everyone

SoupOrJuice

02-09-2013

I'm ... okay with support - IF my ADC is good at reading when to go in and when I'm only harassing. Can't tell you how many times I go a bit aggressive to harass them down and back out, only to see my ADC going full-on aggression trying for the kill when I know we are out of position or have the disadvantage. Or when I know we can kill and the ADC just continues to farm.

Bravest Leader

02-09-2013

Quote:
I'm ... okay with support - IF my ADC is good at reading when to go in and when I'm only harassing. Can't tell you how many times I go a bit aggressive to harass them down and back out, only to see my ADC going full-on aggression trying for the kill when I know we are out of position or have the disadvantage. Or when I know we can kill and the ADC just continues to farm.
try to trade someone support and you can last pick mid

CallMeBatman

02-10-2013

Im just going to keep it plane and simple, im in elo hell. Usually when i play ranked i play solo top. I dominate my lane, take both top towers at 20 minutes but my bot lane adc and support have already fed their bot lane terribly and it ALWAYS happens, even if i try to adc my supports always SUCK. Do you have any tips on how to keep my team from feeding?

Bravest Leader

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Concided View Post
Im just going to keep it plane and simple, im in elo hell. Usually when i play ranked i play solo top. I dominate my lane, take both top towers at 20 minutes but my bot lane adc and support have already fed their bot lane terribly and it ALWAYS happens, even if i try to adc my supports always SUCK. Do you have any tips on how to keep my team from feeding?
You are losing because you are solo focused. You are able to take two top towers in a row presumably uncontested, while your bot is feeding. 20 minutes is a long time.

Use your advantage to spill into other lanes. Once you've dominated and shut down your opponent, do the same to mid or bot or against the enemy jungle. Take dragon.

Try taking teleport and using your map awareness to save your allies bot as well.