Continuous Ranked Losing Streak - Need Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DirtyJs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvaness View Post

1) Wrecking a lane usually means you should be assisting elsewhere.
Some of the better players I've had on my team, every time they kill or force their opponent to b, would push the lane as fast as they could, and then go gank another lane before buying. I'm trying to do this a lot more myself, it seems to help. Even if you don't secure a kill, you still make the other lanes a bit more leary of being aggressive as they have you, and a jungler to worry about.
This^

I jungled a game where I stole enemy red twice, took the first 3 dragons and effectively shut the enemy jungler out of the game - or so it should've been if my lanes didn't get destroyed. for every dragon I took (solo), we lost a tower. It's not enough to win your lane hard - you have to translate your advantage in lane, to the rest of the map. the reason I lost this game was that I didn't gank enough, and the enemy jungler was able to gank successfully, despite being 2 lvls behind the support.

Death Rattle

08-11-2012

I've been in Elo hell and in the same exact situation you and alot of my other fellow summoners have been in. My advice while simple took me a while to grasp,

Top Lane: I "almost" always win my lane top mainly because i honestly know the ins and out of just about every champion in this game. Now usually I just focus on my lane and winning my lane but a few things I started doing to increase the odds of me winning.

*Take a stroll down to mid and see if you can gank if your lane is pushed.
*Help your mid get blue while your Jungler is off doing his job.
*Ward enemy Jungle and attempt to take blue,red or golems. (game changing sometimes).

Mid Lane: Mid is probably my favorite lane because honestly the control it has to offer is priceless, try doing the following.

*Gank top and bot lanes.
*Help ward enemy blues and enemy Jungle exits.
*Take enemy wraiths safely also assist in warding and controlling dragon.

Jungle: Now this is the role I mainly played to get me out of elo hell for the following reasons

*I don't jungle with champions that have high odds of taking kills from teammates I mainly stick to champions such as malpite , allistar and maokai. I want my team to get stronger as a whole not just me.
*Wards wards wards , I always try to buy two when I B can really really save your game from a early stompfest.
*Control that Dragon! Be on top of dragon with pink wards and the works try to get it early as possible. It's crazy how lower elo's seem to ignore dragon completely.

Even if your team isn't willing to work with together try to be the glue that sticks them together. Most of my teams raged at each other at the start but when you start making smart decisions while doing successful ganks. You'd be surprised how quickly they listen to you. Also WARD WARD WARD hey get an oracles if you're super fed. Assist your team in every way shape and form. I like to think of my teammates as an Army, you protect the weak while trying to make them stronger and help the strong push forward. I'm horribly imaginative tho :P.

I didn't include bot because well I mainly support and ward. I try to keep it a farm fest most of the time while waiting for ganks from my jungler and counter warding. Pink wards are OP for bot lane as well as an early Oracles.

Well I'm done rating, I hope this helps! GL and always HF!

Tollschnee

08-11-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFLodml7xJc&feature=plcp Even though I know a lot of people don't like Athene, this video really helps you how your mind works. My biggest suggestion is that when you lose one ranked, just stop. Don't let yourself go on the losing streak. Just wait until the next day to play ranked. Also, amumu jungle was my key to rising from elo hell mainly because his ult, when used correctly, can give awful teams the upper hand they need to win team fights and the game.

PKMNTràinerRed

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollschnee View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFLodml7xJc&feature=plcp Even though I know a lot of people don't like Athene, this video really helps you how your mind works. My biggest suggestion is that when you lose one ranked, just stop. Don't let yourself go on the losing streak. Just wait until the next day to play ranked. Also, amumu jungle was my key to rising from elo hell mainly because his ult, when used correctly, can give awful teams the upper hand they need to win team fights and the game.
The amumu jungle really helps out. Thats how i got my elo up by about 200 points earning 10 each match. I go bored after a while or I get someone else calling jungle and now I've seen my elo drop alott. Ever since I started using him with me knowing what to do I'm 15-1 after a 4-5 start.

gg4agentpiplup

01-23-2013

he is upvoted by all the people who had a losing streak and came here to soothe themselves

Vrykonik

01-23-2013

Losing streaks happen to even the best of players. However if you are blaming your team for losing when you're 'winning' your lane... well then you aren't having a losing streak as a good player. If you own your lane you should be able to translate that into a meaningful win. This usually includes helping allies dive and kill enemies at their turrets, taking objectives and making progress into the enemy team toward their nexus. If you take enough objectives, usually wins occur regardless of your team being bad.

For example as nunu typically I'm not exactly killing tons of people due to playing him support. But in team fights ult = win if you time it after enemy wastes their stuns. I build tanky to absorb tower hits so team can beat people down at their own turrets. I snare the correct people to keep damage dealers on my team alive rather than focusing on trying to get kills. I communicate to my team when we're going forward and bloodboil the right person. Currently I am 7 wins and 3 losses with nunu and people say you cannot win as support.

You can win from any position in the game if you are destroying the enemy effectively in your lane. Winning isn't coming out on top of CS. Winning is killing your enemies several times and taking their turret. Then it is all a matter of securing your lanes and pushing before their good players do the same. If you're playing worse than the enemy person who is carrying... well then you're not doing it right. Sure there are games that are unwinnable. But to say "I lost 10 games in a row due to my team" is really just fooling yourself unless you allied with the exact same players 10 games in a row.

Simply put the only common player in those games was you. That should tell you something right there.

Armstice

01-23-2013

This was said earlier, but people still can't seem to realize. If you are stomping out your lane, you need to take ALL that pressure you are applying, and force it on another lane. You'll find that if your team can win 2 lanes you are very likely to win the game just from the demoralizing effects that has on the other team.

If I have 3 kills and 100 CS around the 12 minute mark, I am going to be roaming. Or, if I b to buy items I will be going to another lane to gank before returning to my own.

KarmicKatri

01-23-2013

You can't do anything about it if you queue alone. Your teammates will feed regardless of what you try to do. Just quit and play Starcraft 2. This ranked system is a joke.

WTFreck

06-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Castellan View Post
Most of the time it feels like the team with less idiots wins, not the teams with actually better players...
True.

T0uchMyPebbles

10-19-2013

So I am down 10 games after playing two or three games everyday. I only have 10 wins out of 24. Every time I play I play with bronze 1 people with 200 ranked wins. Now, I know they are stuck in "ELO Hell" if it really exists, but I cannot win against these players. How do I stahp losing?