Xerath's Locus of Power - Should make him immune to displacement?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 45
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destrucshot

08-08-2012

EDIT: Thanks for the traction guys! Lets keep this going! ADDED IMAGE FOR CLARITY

I was just thinking about what his W (Locus of Power) is supposed to represent visually.

The ability is basically him tethering himself to the ground. So, wouldn't it make sense so that he becomes immune to displacement effects (E.G. push-back, knock-up) while the ability is activated? He would still be susceptible to stun/slow/silence effects, but I think it would be a great buff for Xerath (and a tad more sense) for his locus to make him immune to any displacement effect.

Example cases if this was implemented:

• Alistar uses Pulverise - You take the damage, but you are not knocked into the air and therefore not stunned (the ability itself states you are stunned during it, so this could be debatable). A similar effect would happen if you were hit with Malphite's or Zyra's ultimate, or with Blitzcrank's Power Fist
  • Blitzcrank uses Rocket Grab - You take the damage, but you are not pulled to his location and therefore not stunned. A similar effect would happen if you were hit with Alistar's Headbutt or Lee Sin's Dragon's Rage (Ultimate)
  • Ahri uses Charm - You take damage, you do not move, however you are still taunted (since this functions as a unique stun). A similar effect would happen if you were taunted by Shen or Rammus
  • Diana uses Moonfall - You are still affected by the slow upon leaving Locus, however you are not pulled into Diana's location (and therefore not stunned). A similar effect would happen if you were hit with Orianna's Command: Shockwave (Ultimate)
  • Skarner uses Impale (Ultimate) - This is an interesting case. You are still suppressed, take the damage, however you cannot be moved from the spot (the justification for this is the fact Morgana's shield can fully negate the ultimate, and while yes the shield can be bursted down, it can also be placed on targets other than herself)

Thoughts? SIEGE MODE ACTIVATE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Wow, I really like this idea. Will discuss with live
Awesome, red response!

Leave a comment and +1 if you like the idea so Riot can see!

Riot plz ~

Destrucshot

08-08-2012

bump

CandyPuffs

08-08-2012

Should be reworked entirely.

WAD loves Mio

08-08-2012

That's actually a brilliant ****ing idea. Imagine a Level 6 Alistar coming from behind your turret, trying to headbutt you towards their midlaner just for you to clutch siege mode.

There SHOULD be a great benefit to that ability that isn't barely extra range, HARDLY extra damage, and a LOT of risk to essentially STUN yourself.

Destrucshot

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAD loves Mio View Post
That's actually a brilliant ****ing idea. Imagine a Level 6 Alistar coming from behind your turret, trying to headbutt you towards their midlaner just for you to clutch siege mode.

There SHOULD be a great benefit to that ability that isn't barely extra range, HARDLY extra damage, and a LOT of risk to essentially STUN yourself.
Yeah I thought so to! It also makes sense from a visual standpoint; why can someone who is tethering himself to the ground be knocked up or away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyPuffs View Post
Should be reworked entirely.
That is a little extreme, right now there isn't much benefit to playing Xerath over other mages and having a niche to turn into an immovable object could make him a much better and unique champion.

Destrucshot

08-08-2012

bump

Sinadin

08-08-2012

Haven't ever played Xerath, and rarely see him. I'm surprised he doesn't have this functionality already,.. both thematically and mechanically it sounds awesome though.

CoolHandJack

08-08-2012

Yes +1

seresibyl

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destrucshot View Post
Yeah I thought so to! It also makes sense from a visual standpoint; why can someone who is tethering himself to the ground be knocked up or away?

That is a little extreme, right now there isn't much benefit to playing Xerath over other mages and having a niche to turn into an immovable object could make him a much better and unique champion.
I was thinking about this today versus a Blitz lol

I think it's a good idea .

PS: The reason to play Xerath right now is the magic pen % with a Void staff makes him deal damage that they can't really counter.

Tetramaster

08-08-2012

Oh.

That'd make the ability a lot better, and you'd be able to clutch locus vs Blitz too. Oh the Hilarity.

EDIT: Shen'd. Shen'd so hard.

1234511 ... 45