I Know You. (Leona and Diana)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Requine

08-08-2012

Leona had never been blinded by light before.

It took a couple of seconds for her vision to clear, and then the heretic was upon her. Leona lifted her shield out of instinct, hoping to absorb as much of the blow as possible. The crescent blade the newcomer held looked fragile, but the woman herself seemed wiry strong and utterly without mercy. Leona braced herself, knees locking under her greaves. The impact never came. Diana, Scorn of the Moon was moving past her, towards Leona's ally.

"Move!" Leona grabbed Diana by one shoulder. It took an effort to get her hand around the heretic's silver pauldron. Her armour was cold to the touch, and slippery somehow, beyond definition. Ashe was quick to respond to Leona's order. The Frost Archer fired a few shots off as she left. They whizzed between Leona's limbs and body, hitting Diana with a dull thud. The heretic shrugged the hits off and kept moving, but Leona was in motion as well. Her heavy shield moved upwards into Diana's face, and light radiated outwards upon contact. Leona paced around, blocking Ashe from Diana's sight.

Diana's blade moved whip-quick, first up for the neck in a killing blow, and then down to the knee to try to slow Leona down. Leona met the aggression the only way she knew how; she deflected away the crescent blade, knocked the heretic away, and stood her ground.

"Next time," Leona called, her voice high and clear above the sounds of battle, "try to leave a dent!"

She knew who Diana was, of course. The Scorn of the Moon had murdered six Solari elders. Leona had grieved them in private, away from the prying eyes of the public. Not even Pantheon had been witness to her pain, although they had never quite been as close after the Rite of Kor. Diana had never been a Rakkor child, though. She had grown up among the Solari, learned with them, studied under them, worshipped the sun amongst their ranks. No matter how much the heretic dressed her sins up in fancy titles and elaborate armour, Leona would always despise her as a kin-slayer. Of course, Diana knew who she was as well, and what made her tick; an attack on Leona's ally was the most personal attack possible.

"The Radiant Dawn." Diana said after a pause. Her voice was low, husky, and full of malice. She paced back and forth like a cat, every moment fluid and yet coiled tight like a spring ready to burst.

"Murderer." Leona replied, head held high.

"Yes." Diana said, and this was a surprise. Leona thought the heretic would hide away from the enormity of her actions, not embrace them in the open. Leona had no time to retort. Diana was moving forward, a silvery light flashing forward. Leona found herself reeling back for half a second before firming her stance. She had been in the League for so long that this sort of skirmish was second nature. Leona blocked, parried, dodged, and tried to drive the enemy forwards.

Every time distance opened between the women, one of them would close it. Leona had driven her zenith blade into the heart of a thousand foes before Diana, but it had never been so throughly unpleasant before. The warmth of the sun was distance before the Scorn of the Moon, and every sword strike sent a chill into her bones. She had no choice, though. Upon holding back, the heretic would surge forward again and again. Finally, Leona found herself under her turret. Diana took one hit, then two, then retreated.

The heretic smiled and looked Leona in the eyes. Leona met her gaze. Leona had seen that look before - Diana no longer recognized Leona as a former ally, as a fellow human being. It was the same way the Rakkor looked at children who refused to fight. Leona could hear her allies coming. All she had to do was wait.

"This is a child's game." Diana smiled. "But now, Champion of the Sun, I know you. We will meet again. Remember... the moon also rises."

The heretic's body jerked unnaturally. Her summoner knew about Leona's reinforcements. Diana left as quickly as she had come, rushing into tthe brush and out of sight. Leona would have said she fled, but that implied victory, and the Radiant Dawn wasn't entirely sure she had won that exchange.

Yousonerfed

08-09-2012

Ooh, nice start-up. I sense something good coming.

Btw, check out my fic if you've got the time: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1784157

EDIT: What the cr*p is with the downvotes? I give him a review, he might as well check my work out.

Probably a smurfing troll...

Requine

08-11-2012

This is just a one-shot, but thank you.

Suriza

08-11-2012

I like the story, but try not using "and" too much.

Requine

08-12-2012

Thanks for the crit, that is something I will look out for.

MiaoLong

08-14-2012

From what I've read, in these few short paragraphs, it is basically perfect. Very well connected together, and perhaps most impressively, it is extremely clear. Your writing has a cleanness to it that really sets it apart from the pack. I hope you're not discouraged, and you really work on writing a full length story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
EDIT: What the cr*p is with the downvotes? I give him a review, he might as well check my work out.

Probably a smurfing troll...
Your so-called review is eight and a half words.* You advertise upon his story page, you might as well write something that'll take you more than two seconds of facerolling to write, especially if you want him to read your work.

*fun fact! The sentence wrote there is the same length as your review!