Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Singed Build Discussion (advanced I guess)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

acidmn

11-11-2009

Hello all,

So I consider myself a decent Singed player, but there are a few item choices I am not sure about. I would love to get some opinions and a discussion going on about what is the ideal Singed build in different situations. First I will describe my general playstyle a bit. I play somewhat of an offensive tank/instigator. I grab some AP for sure, and then it all kind of depends....

My typical build:
- Regrowth pendant
- Boots 1
- Catalyst
- Boots of Speed
- RoA

I always play with teleport, and I find that if you're careful with poison trail and pick your shots with toss carefully, I manage perfectly well, just regenning mana at the shop when I go there. After this it ofc depends on the situation. For a caster heavy team my fav item is Force of Nature. When it's more DPS I usually go for Warden's. Both have some great regen and other features to boot. Now for the difficult parts.

AP:
I find that just RoA means when endgame approaches toss and poison simply don't do enough damage to champs anymore. IMO you need some more AP to be able to make a difference. The options:

- another RoA
I've tried this quite a few times, and I do kind of like it. The problem is the cost, because you need to get it quickly for it to be worth the money. I think we can all agree this must be bought right after the first one for it to make sense. When the other team is mixed damage and AP, I believe this may be the best choice for Singed. Any thoughts?

- Abyssal
Against a caster team one might consider waiting on Force of Nature in favor of the Scepter. AP and MR, plus some extra MR debuff. Again, I love this item on Singed, but it means less overall stats.

- Rylai's
This is a bit of a strange choice maybe, but a case can be made for it. HP and AP, both great. The problem is that the slowing effect is a bit useless, bc I'm not sure if it stacks with the natural slow on toss. I've tried this, but me no likey.

- Archangel
Umm yeah.... Mana (and ofc HP for singed), and AP based on mana. This item may work on Singed, but it could require changing the overall build. Maybe getting some mana regen/tear earlier? On the other hand; it may be an overkill on the mana, since I don't ever run out of it without this item anyways. Could this item make any sense?

So much for the AP 'issue'. A few other item choices I would love some opinions on.

- Mecury trends
Anyone favor this over BoS? When you hit your ulti/ghost you catch up to most people anyways, so the reduced movement speed for reduced slows may be an excellent choice. I can't decide which I like better, can you?

- Heart of gold
Against a very DMG team, is this an option? Maybe start with a ruby, and the build two of these before RoA? The will of course have to be sold later in the game, but it should work on Singed imo.

- Banshee's Veil
A great item for sure. Really helps with instigating, when you're playing more tank style. It negates the first CC and you can get your fling out more easily.

- Guardian Angel
I have a general dislike for this item, but hey, it gives resists and nothing is more annoying than coming back to life after they FINALLY killed you once. Any takers?

Well, this turned out to be rather long, I feel like I covered every item in the entire game.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Insults?

Downa

11-11-2009

I have an insult:

You suck!

Gathox

11-11-2009

I use this and so far I have done really well with it, the only problem is it does not feel tanky enough for me.
1. Regrowth Pendant -> Philosopher's Stone
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. Rod of Ages
4. Archangel Staff
5. Force of Nature
6. Banshee's Veil
(credits to DT777)

Basically you have infinite mana, alright amount of AP, decent(?) MR, but not much Def.

IS128a9b67c3d7d379f706e

11-11-2009

On AP: I agree with you that lategame just 1 RoA doesnt really cut it. I've been running with Abyssal after getting force of nature. To me it makes sense to keep this item on a tank if he can make use of it - which singed can.
The drawbacks is obviously that it doesnt bring any surv other than the MR.

On RoA: I guess another roa is nice if you can get the cash for it quick. Never really used it since it seems like there is almost always alot of magic damage flying around.

On Rylai: I find this item to be quite a waste on singed. Its not bad - but you dont get nearly the full benefits of it (basically once every toss CD) - and as I recall its very costly. At least I never use it.

On boots: I prefer the mercury threads to the lvl 3 boots. Maybe not by much but the added MR and the reduced movement (sort of) makes up for not having cleanse. (Run tele/ghost) I find that something like this is needed for singed to perform on his "in-and-out"-flinging.
As you say - with ulti, ghost and Goo you are going to catch most people anyway.

Ballcoozy

11-11-2009

I usually go

Regrowth -> philosophers stone
boots - > mercury treads (you die when you are slowed/stunned)
Rod
Force of nature
Abyssal scepter
From here it depends on how the game is going, either tanking items, guardian angel or banshees, or more AP,

I am excited to try out the new magic pen item though. it would probably replace scepter.

Koslomac

11-11-2009

I start Doran's shield and a HP pot.
If I can farm well I rush RoA with maybe sneaking the basic bots before I finish it.
Then get either ninja tabi's or mercury's.
Then whatever the situation demands, or I just stack RoA's/Sunfires for shits and giggles.