Can't reconnect to the game.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox490

08-08-2012

Title says it all. My ping spiked to 500 ms and just sat there. I backed out and reloaded LoL due to the fact that I was stuck in the "Attempting to Reconnect" screen. So the game loaded perfectly fine, my connection was still secure even during the ping spike, and I tried to reconnect. Well it won't reconnect and keeps saying

"Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?"

Well that's funny. My firewalls are down to allow LoL smooth servicing. Also, if it is unable to connect to the server, how am I able to connect to the client just fine and dandy... (Might/might not be a correlation). This is very frustrating due to the fact that I will be reported most likely on the grounds of "rage quitting" (which I can proudly say I've never done) and have no way to defend the false accusation.

TL;DR: Can't connect because apparently my firewall isn't allowing it. Yet my firewalls are down for this certain reason. Random "Attempting to Reconnect" screens yet my internet connection has been stable and up whenever i'm stuck at that screen. Please help!

Legendary Shake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

I was in a game for 30 minutes then got DQ'ed right before taking their nexus and I've played 30 or so games since the last patch (which made me have to restore my install because it corrupted it). 500 ping and trying to reconnect for 5 minutes and still nothing while watching an external program have no problems connecting and running on the same internet connection. I finally give up and leave but now I'll have a leave because I can't reconnect to my game. I look at my match history and the match doesn't even exist anymore, another 30 minutes of my life and don't even get a win

NickWhat

09-06-2012

I am having the same issues.

bk killerr

09-06-2012

same cant reconnect so I expect to be banned or some **** for leaving like 4 ****in games now

Semiramis

09-06-2012

I just got disconnected during a ranked game and although I had internet (firefox worked fine) it wouldn't reconnect ingame, so after a few minutes I clicked 'Leave Game' to reconnect... but then, even after restarting the client, there was no mention of the game I had been in and no apparent way to reconnect to it. Is that intentional, and if yes: why? If the auto-reconnect feature doesn't work properly (which is poor in itself), why does the manual way not work anymore/reliably?