Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


To the Edge of Light's Reach (Lux/Katarina)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AerithRayne

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
AhLoso:
Don't be scared. It doesn't hurt at all.



He isn't gonna feel lucky.


But...

Quote:
AerithRayne:

I promise, more is on the way (so leave the boy alone!), but I have so many ways the story can go. In fact, one of my versions can theoretically continue the story even further than I had originally intended. But given how attached I am to writing this story (and have kept it relatively afloat for a few months ._.) and how much others are enjoying it, I want to take the time to explore these different paths and see if extending the storyline is workable.

Truce?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loso

Senior Member

11-12-2012

Quote:
AerithRayne:
But...


Truce. But my patience wears thin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AerithRayne

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
AhLoso:
Truce. But my patience wears thin.


I have it narrowed down to two routes. I've been writing each universe for the time being, but I have enlisted some help of a few people to help with the decision. It's difficult because one option, which could potentially be awesome, involves reinterpreting the lore. And, as we know, there are a lot of people who flame me 'til kingdom come for that. While I enjoy writing for the sake of writing (and multiple universes are fun!), I kinda like not waking to an angry mob with pitchforks outside my house.

Keep the boy alive, please?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loso

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
AerithRayne:
I have it narrowed down to two routes. I've been writing each universe for the time being, but I have enlisted some help of a few people to help with the decision. It's difficult because one option, which could potentially be awesome, involves reinterpreting the lore. And, as we know, there are a lot of people who flame me 'til kingdom come for that. While I enjoy writing for the sake of writing (and multiple universes are fun!), I kinda like not waking to an angry mob with pitchforks outside my house.

Keep the boy alive, please?


Personally, I don't care is the lore is changed. Writing by the lore is boring because its already pre-written, there's not much to do with it. So, if you wanna smash the lore, be my guest.

And the boy is alive...... for now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AerithRayne

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
AhLoso:
Personally, I don't care is the lore is changed. Writing by the lore is boring because its already pre-written, there's not much to do with it. So, if you wanna smash the lore, be my guest.

And the boy is alive...... for now.


I'm happy that you don't care if the lore is by the books or not. Your opinion actually matters a good bit to me, boy-napping aside. My adviser (lol) heavily suggested the same route, so it looks like I can scrap the other parallel universe. Good thing for you guys that I had already written one of the chapters like ages ago. I just need to fix the two (no more than three) that come in between before this part of the plot is hatched. Your patience is noticed and very much appreciated (this goes to other people reading too). I can't give an ETA because I do not wish to disappoint, but the next chapter has already been halfway written (and the storyline been documented), meaning hard stuff is already out of the way. I just need to finally have some time to myself.

TL;DR: If you need to read one of these, you probably shouldn't be in this forum.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loso

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
AerithRayne:
I'm happy that you don't care if the lore is by the books or not. Your opinion actually matters a good bit to me, boy-napping aside. My adviser (lol) heavily suggested the same route, so it looks like I can scrap the other parallel universe. Good thing for you guys that I had already written one of the chapters like ages ago. I just need to fix the two (no more than three) that come in between before this part of the plot is hatched. Your patience is noticed and very much appreciated (this goes to other people reading too). I can't give an ETA because I do not wish to disappoint, but the next chapter has already been halfway written (and the storyline been documented), meaning hard stuff is already out of the way. I just need to finally have some time to myself.

TL;DR: If you need to read one of these, you probably shouldn't be in this forum.


Sounds good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noxian Mercenary

Senior Member

11-19-2012

I haven't quite caught up yet - I'm only on chapter 15.

But by the Gods above and below, I absolutely love this fic. I'm by no means the hardest person to emotionally sway, but I absolutely love what's going on in this piece - from the heartwarming embraces of Kat and Lux, to the vileness of Swain's Transformation.

Rock on bro, and keep writing. You have my attention and heart.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frost Archer

Senior Member

11-24-2012

Quote:
2. This isn't your conventional pairing. It has a plot, which is the focus, not "OMG, let's make out for 5 chapters." There will be some scenes, apparently (my characters just recently decided upon this for me), but it will be used to fuel further encounters in the future. If your looking for a place to bang one out, this is probably not your story. My bad. (Check out WaddleBuff's stuff instead)
3. I despise the useless Lux who needs someone to rescue her. She can be kind, yes, but she's not a child in an adult's body. Given her lore and Judgment, there's so much more to her. If you like your typical "I'm super girly and can't even squish a bug on my own!" Lux, then maybe you won't want to read this. Chapter One is the softest Lux will ever be portrayed.


I like this
Mostly since I completely agree. I hate how explicit they make what they call "Fanfics" You can pretty much swap names in those with anyone else. And yes. I think Lux should be tougher than most people give her credit for. I'm not that into femXfem love (imstraight) but, I don't judge by that. Your writing skills are pretty good (judging from your first post)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fbiguy

Junior Member

11-29-2012

Absolutely fantastic, I'm all caught up and cannot wait for the next one. My favorite Lux fanfic to date.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senstrae

Senior Member

12-09-2012

A friendly bump. Though I'm left wondering if there's going to be an update soon? Of course at your own pace, I'm just being curious and impatient. And okay, maybe I fear a little bit that you'll completely stop updating out of the blue and I'll never know how it ends. T_T