Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Korea-specific feature testing: PC Bang rewards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awwww Yeaaaaahh

QA Analyst

08-08-2012

We’re going to begin testing international features on the PBE. The first feature we’ll be testing is a Korea-specific feature that gives players extra perks for playing League of Legends in PC Bangs (Korean PC Cafes). Korean players tend to play League of Legends primarily from these locations. In Korean PC Bangs, players pay by the hour to play the game of their choice in a social environment. Within this environment, most game titles (regardless of price) are offered to players via a reduced pricing structure or for free to account for the PC Bang’s usage fee. Our approach is to allow players to select any champion when playing League of Legends from PC bangs, as well as earn a small amount of additional IP. This feature does not affect Korean players when they log in outside of PC Bangs.

When this feature is active, you will see a small medal icon in the top-right corner of the League of Legends client, be able to select any champion, and earn an additional 20% IP at the end of matches. This feature does not actually “unlock” champions, so you will still need to own a champion in order to buy a skin for them.

At this time we have no plans for large-scale implementation of this feature in other regions.

Edit: To clarify, this feature will be tested for a few days every patch cycle to ensure the stability of our service in Korea. Expect more international features like this to hit the PBE in future.

Edit 2: Going forward, new champions and skins will be available only through loyalty for the first couple of days. You should be able to play new content like normal without having to purchase it. If you have issues with new content showing up because PC Bang rewards are not showing up for you on day 1, please report them here. Thanks!

Ryuna

Recruiter

08-08-2012

Awwww Yeaaaaahh

Awwww Yeaaaaahh

QA Analyst

08-08-2012

For testing purposes, everyone who logs into PBE will be treated like a PC Bang user and will receive these rewards. If you do not see them, please consider this a bug and report it on the PBE forum.

Vuliev

08-08-2012

Wait...so they get boosted IP from playing in internet cafes, but they're playing from their own personal accounts?\

Also, is the boost supposed to be additive or multiplicative with other IP boosts?

Also also, it would appear that the boost doesn't work for Customs.

aqlegend

08-08-2012

do we get to keep the champions? just wondering because that would be awesome
EDIT: oh it does not affect players when they log in outside of pc bangs
well i see, it wont affect once implemented but nothing about what for beta testers
EDIT again: im such an idiot, the feature does not actually unlock the champions

Rossingol

Recruiter

08-08-2012

Awwww Yeaaaaahh!

KimiNoNeko

08-08-2012

Awwww Yeaaaaahh!

Though I would love for this change to be worldwide. Would give me a reason to actually go to internet cafes more.

BuzzJack

08-08-2012

Learn something new every day.

EMKna

08-08-2012

When I first logged in, I had the most amazing ARGH moment. I just recently unlocked all champs by using my stipends on them, so for a second: ARGH.

Nicksiren

Recruiter

08-08-2012

This is going to make playing ARAM insane. All champions unlocked? Watch out Proving Grounds, sh*t's is about to get...... real?