Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riven vs Jax top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephtis

08-08-2012

I assumed pre 6 I'd outdo jax.

I did more or less.

When preparing for after level 6, I wasn't sure whether to just build the usual AD and lifesteal, or to build a bit of early resist.

His damage is pretty well split between physical and magic at 6, itemising armour wouldn't have got me much, but even with dorans, bruta, cloth armour, he out traded me easily. sad face.

He'd jump me, stun land a hit or 2 and run away. To equal the trade I had to chase hard, and that pushed minions because of all the aoe. Then the trade was a loss anyway, he has more base hp.

What should I have done instead?

2900 Elo Carry

08-08-2012

There is very little you can do against Jax

DiamondHost

08-08-2012

hit your stun and dash away

or, when you see him jump on your or prepare his stun to jump on you, dash out of his range.

Rav Abaddon

08-08-2012

Dash backwards as he jumps to mitigate the damage, stun him for part of his dodge, and get out of stun range. You'd be so far back at this point the minions would trade for you.

Saintshing

08-08-2012

stun him when he jumps on you?

Asgael

01-28-2013

jax will most probably E (prepare stun) before he Q (jump). so you just have to W-out, so he will waste his Q, and you can Q-A-Q-A-Q-A to him or whatever if he is still in range. If he happens to hit you with his Q, your shield will absorb some considerable damage (and if he just hit-run all the time, a shield is the only thing that you need to counter that). This works because there is a delay small delay between the Q's hit from jax, and whatever he do next.

MurderousRedRum

01-28-2013

Quote:
asgael:
jax will most probably e (prepare stun) before he q (jump). So you just have to w-out, so he will waste his q, and you can q-a-q-a-q-a to him or whatever if he is in range. If he happens to hit you with his q, your shield will absorb some considerable damage (and if he just hit-run all the time, a shield is the only thing that you need to counter that). This is work because there is a delay small delay between the q's hit from jax, and whatever he do next.

08-08-2012?

BiIlCosby

03-28-2013

Quote:
Asgael:
jax will most probably E (prepare stun) before he Q (jump). so you just have to W-out, so he will waste his Q, and you can Q-A-Q-A-Q-A to him or whatever if he is still in range. If he happens to hit you with his Q, your shield will absorb some considerable damage (and if he just hit-run all the time, a shield is the only thing that you need to counter that). This works because there is a delay small delay between the Q's hit from jax, and whatever he do next.

dat necro

Feed Rage AFK

11-02-2013

no good jax loads stun before he jumps. if he does that riven should win every time. if riven dodges jax e and jump jax takes riven full combo

Sgt Cream Soda

11-02-2013

After Jax hits 6 it is a very hard lane for Riven. He will out trade you everytime unless your Ult is up, and his Ult Active will make him hard to burst down.