does Cho'gath counter jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balrog117

08-08-2012

I've played as cho'gath solotop against jax a number of times in the past and I have usually been able to do well against them. In a lane vs. jax as cho' I play relatively passively. When he uses leap strike to jump into me I just land rupture under my feet, silence, and land a few auto attacks then I just go back and farm to get some hp and mana. Also, I always build frozen heart on cho'gath so the AS debuff can really hurt Jax in lane.

So what do you guys think? does cho'gath counter jax or not?

Bonabon

08-08-2012

Sure, he counters any Jax who thinks it's smart to Leap to someone when their CC is off cooldown.

Oddric

08-08-2012

No, definitely not. He might be able to survive against Jax, but you have no ability to stop him from farming and a farmed Jax is death to your carry.

H4TED

08-08-2012

pretty sure he outdoes you after 6 even with your ult

Balrog117

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddric View Post
No, definitely not. He might be able to survive against Jax, but you have no ability to stop him from farming and a farmed Jax is death to your carry.
when jax tries to get on to your ADC, if you can land your rupture on him the knockup and 3 second slow should allow your team to destroy him

Shahnaz

08-08-2012

No, after 6, a good Jax will hurt you so hard your heal won't be able to catch up. His Dodge shields 25% of your Rupture and Silence and dodges your autos.

Personally, I haven't lost my lane against a Cho. Pre-6 its a farm fest, and after that I just harass him very hard, pushing him out of lane. The important part as Jax is to always engage with enough mana to E, and never fight with 300 health or less.

erjdrifter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

its a farm lane and gues who will win that in the end? Jax will.

Oddric

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balrog117 View Post
when jax tries to get on to your ADC, if you can land your rupture on him the knockup and 3 second slow should allow your team to destroy him
And you've wasted your only hard CC on a single target, completely exposing your team to the enemy. I'd say his job as a bruiser would be complete right there.

Not to mention he can just jump around it with his 6 second CD gap closer, or turn on his Counterstrike to nullify most damage you can deal to him during the lockdown time. All else fails... hit R, gain 70-110 free armor/magic resistance.

Balrog117

08-08-2012

meh seems like i've played against some noob Jaxes then. Cho' might not be a counter but I feel like I can hold my own against a Jax in lane

AttunedtoNature

08-08-2012

Big difference between countering a champ and being able to stand a champ. Cho may be able to last the laning phase with jax due to his cc and innate tankiness but in the long run countering is being able to shut down a champ in the laning phase completely preventing them from having an influence in the late game. Cho may be able to farm with a jax but he cannot shut jax down meaning he is really just stalemating the lane and even mostly farming under turret because when he hits 6 he becomes a really bursty terror.

Champs like cho, vlad, naut, or nasus may be able to farm against a jax but they cannot counter a jax. You would have to choose champions like yorick, malphite, or morde if you really wanna handle jax. Champions that can either hold their own when jumped and do damage from distance can handle jax tho currently he is a rough top to shut down without jungler intervention.