Would you like to be able to 1v1 for ELO?

Yes. 10 32.26%
No. 21 67.74%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

---> Add 1v1 Ranked <---

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quincy Uryuu

08-08-2012

In my opinion, 1v1 ranked would be an excellent addition to league of legends, there would be no more "elo hell". If this was added, people wouldn't have to solo/duo 5v5 or 3v3 and hope they get a competent team. You could even make it so you could only do ranked 1v1 until your elo was 1.3k or higher, this would make it so some people who just keep losing ranked games because of getting paired with feeders, or even people who are just bad in general (i'm looking at you auto attacking supports) can still eventually get back into ranked 3v3 or 5v5, but have a better time getting there than having to carry scrubbily dubbilys.

Please tell me whether you agree with me or not, and if you don't please tell me why it would be a bad idea. Thanks.

Also, if this is in the wrong section please tell me where it should be.

Selcopa

08-08-2012

I think a 1v1 ladder would be interesting, but it wouldnt be related to the 5's solo queue.

I dont know enough about 1v1 to be able to have a great understanding about how well a ladder for it would work(whether you'd need to restrict champions and such) but I do know that for 5's games, 1v1 is one of the least important aspects of competitive play

Quincy Uryuu

08-08-2012

Yeah, it wouldn't be related to the 5's solo que, it would be it's own thing.

Azaraki Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Ahh, I had assumed that the 1v1 ladder contributed to your solo 5s ELO. I don't see harm in incorperating a 1v1 ladder.

Bradykin

08-08-2012

This could work on its own, maybe, but it would require its own map and elo table. It could have nothing to do with 5v5 play, as it would be inherently a very imbalanced format totally dependant on who got first blood.

Quincy Uryuu

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradykin View Post
This could work on its own, maybe, but it would require its own map and elo table. It could have nothing to do with 5v5 play, as it would be inherently a very imbalanced format totally dependant on who got first blood.
It would have it's own map, The Proving Grounds.

Quincy Uryuu

08-10-2012

bump

Monzie

08-11-2012

Team game is a team game. This is silly.

Fflarn

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzie View Post
Team game is a team game. This is silly.
I agree, adds nothing to the game. It would just be dumb **** like Gangplank or Fiora with a full crit rune page and exhaust/ignite. get first blood, win the game.

Ðanté

08-11-2012

That way its all won/lost before the game starts with that counter pick? sounds fun