Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Creative Design AMA - Diana, Scorn of the Moon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

08-08-2012

Does Zilean know anything about the Lunari/Solari conflict?

What is Diana's view on Yordles? (This should become a standard question on every non-yordle champ)

Lee Sin has one ability icon that is similar to the Lunari Mark-is there any relation?

Are there any males in League that feel attracted to Diana?

swan2swan

08-08-2012

What weapon did Diana use before she attained her crescent blade? We see a shield in her teaser, but no weapon...did she have a sword that looked like Leona's? Did she wield a spear or something ceremonial?

Also, the figure in the painting has a helmet--did Diana just decide not to use the helmet?

OH. Right! And are Diana's parents still alive, or did they get Disney-deathed? Not that that's a bad thing, being an orphan fits in with her story...of course, she could also have gotten rejected by her parents. Do you have any info on them?

DivineConspiracy

08-08-2012

Hi Runaan,

Thanks for doing this - I'm a big fan of both Diana and Leona and I'm eager to learn more about them. I had a question on the reddit AMA you did a few days ago along with the other rioters involved in the making of Diana which unfortunately got overlooked - So I'm reposting it. Hope you don't mind

IronStylus mentioned on the forums (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=27549052#27549052) that there was a lot more lore behind Diana's story, her relationship with Leona, and probably the Solari as a whole than what transpired through the "Lore" tab in the client.

1, Do you plan to make this accessible in one format or another to the community (and if yes, any idea on how you would like to deliver it)?

2, Can we expect it short-term (next 3 months), mid-term (end of the year), long term, or "absolutely no idea" ?

Yousonerfed

08-08-2012

You mentioned nothing about whether Diana would be willing to strike a deal with my evil dragon...

I R sad.

Aika Kasumi

08-08-2012

Yay, lore~!

A few question from me! Diana found her armour and the mural within the vallery. What exactly was within the cache she discovered? Was there anything else she found?

You also mentioned she gained her power and the mark on her forehead when she donned the Lunari armour. Did she gain anything else such as memories or was it purely martial power she gained?

It seems from your earlier answers that she's driven by a single-minded purpose to just eradicate everyone who denies her but also secretly admires Leona. But her lack of a positive view on her ongoing role in the world once her mission is complete suggests she would commit seppuku once she's done. It seems very conflicted and contradictory. How much exactly does she desire to be accepted and have friendship? As in, does she spend all day brooding about killing people only, or does she sometimes sit in a corner somewhere and cry for what she does not have but wants?

Finally, it seems from your earlier post that the lack of shield is significant, which suggests symbolism for the Lunari to be executioners or death-dealers of some sort while the Solari are the defenders. A division of roles within the Rakkor societies, where the Solari perform one function and the Lunari act as their counterbalance and perform others. Are there certain jobs that the Solari do not condone and ask their followers not to conduct?

Garfunkelis

08-08-2012

Does Diana have some special (read secret passive) with Leona or Warwick?

RiotRunaan

Writer

08-08-2012

Quote:
Is the Dark Valkyrie Diana skin the max power of Diana in the presence of the full moon?

Sadly, skins aren't canon! Interesting idea, though.

Quote:
Sneaking in a second question: how many elders did Diana kill? Was it a council of five? A council of three? Twelve? Twenty-four? A hundred? That would be a lot of elders...

Since we never represented this visually, I admit we never settled on an exact number, but Diana killed quite a lot of people.

Quote:
Was about to ask that. She killed all the elders present in her execution, were ALL Solari elders present?

What will she be doing after joining the League? (Please don't say stand up comedy)

She did indeed kill all of the elders present at the execution... hmm. : )

Quote:
What does Soraka think of all this heavenly body worshipping and the fact that people are dying over it? Did she ever try to pass along her own knowledge of the heavens to Diana or Leona?

Soraka desires peace, so the events on Mt. Targon likely disgust her a great deal. She might've interacted with Leona in the past, but she never had the opportunity to pass on her knowledge of the heavens to Diana until now.

Quote:
What happens now that the elders have been killed? Where was Leona when this happened?

What happens indeed?

Leona was not at the temple when Diana was sentenced to death. She will undoubtedly learn of what happened (if she hadn't already been on her way home) and come to confront Diana for what she's done to the Solari.

While Leona was an apprentice to their teachings, the elders presented her with an entirely different face than they did Diana. To Leona, the Solari elders are her mentors and some of them she may have even considered her friends. She fully believed in the Solari ideal--protection of the weak, guidance for the lost--and, as good-hearted as Leona is, she may have been somewhat blinded by their light herself.

How she reacts to the challenge Diana brings to everything she's come to believe remains to be seen.

Quote:
Second part: Before I dive, this was also quite fascinating. I'm assuming that Diana was one of the warriors (or guards...I'm assuming that it's more of a ceremonial position, with skills taught by some of the best fighters but never actually practiced in the field), based on the armor we see in her teaser picture (and her skill). But is there a Solari plumber? What are the plumbing levels of Valoran in general, actually? Does Mount Targon also boast the best selection of men who you can hire to fix the pipes?

She likely had some training as a warrior before she ascended, certainly.

...I don't really know what to say about Solari plumbers.

Quote:
Which means that the society was organized on a SWORD and SHIELD. The Solari as the protectors, and the LUNARI as the dirty job, on the shadows assassins. I have two possiblities for the rift:

1. One of the lunari killed, on their on volition, someone on the top. And they went on the smackdown.

2. Someone on the Lunari was ordered to assassin someone on the top crop of the Solari, and the elders decided that the Lunari were now a liability, ordering the killing to hide their motives

Interesting speculation on what caused the rift between the two factions, but I can't confirm or deny anything... : ) Really cool to see you guys speculating wildly on this, though!

Vierdiel

08-08-2012

1. How large is Solari society? Can Diana conceivably hack n' slash her way through all of them, or will we see her search for an "ace in the hole" type weapon to eliminate them all at once?

2. How do the other factions in Valoran feel about the turmoil? Do they condemn Diana's actions, support her, or mostly impassive? Is the murder of the elders even of concern to powerhouses like Demacia and Noxus?

Silent Reaper

08-08-2012

Quote:
RiotRunaan:
1. Her powers are for the most part constant, but the idea of an eclipse is interesting to consider... if you'll note the state of the sun and the moon in her splash art, you might get an idea of how this could work.

2. If Ezreal goes digging around Mt. Targon, he might find some relics.

3. I think Diana would be interested in Soraka's connection to the stars, but I think Soraka's magic is quite different than Diana's. Diana might also consider Soraka too peaceful and passive.

4. I don't think Diana considers Nocturne a foe on a personal level, no.

5. I mentioned Morgana before, but Riven's interaction with Diana could also be interesting. Riven might think that Diana went too far, though, in her actions against the Solari elders.

6. If Diana gains followers, she might have a difficult time acting as a real leader for them. It isn't in her nature. She's learned to be solitary. Either way, though, if she ever gained followers, I think she'd want them to feel accepted and empowered.

Additional questions!
1) So does her presence act more as an intervention (solar eclipse) or rather a constant radiating source such as the moon at night?
In cinema there is a metaphorical expression for "double world" In which, during the night, the environment, the spirtuality, everything takes on another form. Do you think Diana is trying to show others what the worlds "reality" is by night?
Does she believe most people who live by the day have been blinded by the light, and she wants to show them that the world has 2 sides? The day and the night?

2) I'd love some lore on Ezreal digging up some Lunari relics!

3) Do you think that because of Soraka's passive and soft personality, Diana can possibly manipulate her into getting something she wants? Do you think she will try to do so?

4) Does Diana want to show the people the power of the moon and for them to embrace it? Or, does she want people to accept and to link the moon and the sun, and to worship them together? (Think about Yin-Yang)

5) What is Diana's point of view on life?
From the fact that she killed the Solari Elders, to the respectful admiration to the Lunari culture. Does she infact care if people live or die?
From what I'm seeing, it seems as though she generally does not care who lives or dies, but generally she tries to avoid conflict unless it's something which is opposing her.

6) Last:
Does Diana like or dislike technological / mechanical things?
The idea of loud clanking sounds seems like something Diana would HATE with a passion.

Vierdiel

08-08-2012

Quote:
6) Last:
Does Diana like or dislike technological / mechanical things?

Diana + Viktor VS Jayce + Leona brawl on the Proving Grounds.

Who wants to settle these two conflicts once and for all with me?