Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rammus is a Sandslash?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

08-08-2012

It seems pretty obvious to me that Rammus is a pokemon that somehow fell through a wormhole to Runeterra, or maybe got sent there from the Kanto region by a defective pokeball... He looks very similar to a sandslash, and even has the same moves as one..

For example, according to the pokemon wiki, sandslash curl up into a ball to defend themselves and roll to attack enemies and to move faster. Defense Curl, Rollout, and Earthquake are all moves they learn naturally. This sounds a lot like Rammus. They have long sharp claws like a moles, made for digging and to fight with, and so does Rammus (his passive makes his claw attacks nasty enough that they are usually a major source of his damage, especially when he is in ball curl).

EDIT: Why downvote me? At least tell me why you think I'm wrong...

Leotamer

08-08-2012

I believe he is an enchanted turtle, named Rammus the Turtle. But, he run away and changed his name to Rammus the Armidillo so noone would every find him.

Evolnemesis

08-08-2012

It's possible... my other theory about his origin is that he was an innocent forest creature that wandered into some mutagen (probably left around by Singed), and gained his ability to talk, fight, and probably enjoy pizza (Ninja Rammus seems to bear out this theory).

Still, his abilities and fighting style are just so similar to sandslash, he has basically the exact same moveset and fighting tactics while having a pretty strong resemblance also. And turtles don't really curl up like rammus or an armadillo... they just pull into their shell, but it IS possible that if he mutated this might have changed.