Diana and Nashor's Tooth.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GingerNinja18

08-08-2012

Hey guys. I've been seeing a lot of Dianas build a Nashor's tooth as a 3rd/4th item.

I haven't bought Diana myself but I was simply wondering if anyone has done the number crunching to see if this is a half decent item on Diana. The attack speed and AP looks like it could work well with her decently scaling passive, but I've always seen Nashors as a cost inefficient and lacklustre item.

Thoughts?

FlamingoJuice

08-08-2012

id personally rather build her a bit more tanky then go attackspeed and ap. IMO nashors tooth isnt a great item,

StãR

08-08-2012

I'm not in the mood for maths, but I don't think it's a bad item for her, as I do agree the item seems poor on gold efficiency. I don't think it's a bad item though as one of your last or second last slots.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

08-08-2012

Could be nice. It definitely fits her more than most other champions.

Nashor's Tooth has a weird way with fitting almost seamlessly with some champions' kits like Orianna's (can use all stats, including attack speed through taking advantage of her passive) and Skarner's (attack speed + CDR + Skarner's passive = hyper spammability), but being mostly something of a luxury item.

I'd try it, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoL237 View Post
I'm not in the mood for maths, but I don't think it's a bad item for her, as I do agree the item seems poor on gold efficiency. I don't think it's a bad item though as one of your last or second last slots.
I forget how League does its math for item stats, but I remember reading that, especially after the buffs it's received over time, Nashor's Tooth is actually incredibly cost-efficient for its stats. It's problem has mostly been the stats it gives being very niche.

LawlerBrawler

08-08-2012

I remember seeing someone joke that Riot's concept for Diana was "Let's make a champ that can actually use Nashor's Tooth"

GingerNinja18

08-08-2012

Yeah I was under that impression too. Just wondered if there is an alternative (and effective) item route to take that synergises her passive and attack speed together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler View Post
I remember seeing someone joke that Riot's concept for Diana was "Let's make a champ that can actually use Nashor's Tooth"
LOL haha

Mesamec

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

I just take Wit's End when I jungle with her, helps survivability, does almost the same thing as tooth.

Rebonack

08-08-2012

Just to mention, Nashor's Tooth is cost effective if you consider the AP and CDR it grants and nothing else. It's a fairly solid choice on any AP champion who likes CDR (who doesn't?) and is encouraged to auto-attack a lot.

Captain Bumbler

08-08-2012

Well with a rabadon's, Nashor's would add about 50 damage per hit on Crescent Slash. But her other moves would benefit from the ~80 AP nashor's brings. But it definitely wouldn't hurt to have that 340 damage procing more often.

Rex Draconem

08-08-2012

I start out with a kage's lucky pick then go into some survivability, then deathcap. Nashor's tooth is a trap I think because her manacosts are not bad so the mp5 isn't that good. Her passive is already strong without the as and she doesn't benefit at all from cdr.

The thing I want to test on her is wota, though I suspect that because of her aoe nature it won't be that good.