Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[August MCCC] Telmas, The Fused Conductor

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDeathstalker

08-08-2012

Telmas, The Fused Conductor
AP Bruiser

Quote:
Backstory] It was a dark and stormy night, but isn't it always? Telmas was a man full of ideas, absolutely brimming with them. He had ideas about life, science, love, and whatever else dreamers dream when left alone with their thoughts. As he stared out into the thunder and rain, however, a very different thought finally wandered into his mind. No fantasy or philosophy here, no, this thought was... dangerous. He went quickly to work, assembling makeshift dozens of 'inventions' that he had cobbled together throughout the years: an automated jump-rope, matching magnetic cuff links (so that you'd never lose just one), a rather over complicated colander, and just as many other useless devices, along with a couple he made up on the spot. An hour's work passed, and the storm still raged, the lightning strikes growing ever closer to the house, and with every one Telmas giggled rather uncharacteristically, like a kid in a candy shop right after their parents told them they to pick anything they liked. He was that kind of excited.

He burst out onto the roof, covered head to toe in a shiny, confusing mess of devices, and touting proudly what was in reality a fishing rod attached by wires to a glass jar. To any passerby unlucky enough to still be caught out in the rain, he would seem quite the fool, but such thoughts didn't slow him down. No siree. Telmas was going to catch lightning in a bottle, and no amount of public ridicule or driving rain would stop him.

The lightning, however, that stopped him pretty quick. Drawn by such an amalgamation of metal, the sky struck poor Telmas more than a dozen times in quick succession, then had the gall to throw one more bolt right at the end, to remind him who was boss. Telmas was lucky though, for he was a far more clever inventor than he ever realized. As the storm passed and the morning broke, the young man awoke to find himself unharmed, but fused with his equipment. His life was now one with the very machines that had consumed his life in their construction. As he stood proudly, greeting the morning, he smiled as he looked down to see that attached to his chest was one glass bottle, filled to the brim with lightning. [/QUOTE]

Core Statistics:
Damage: 51 (+3.3/level)
HP: 450 (+85/level)
Mana: 230 (+50/level)
Range: Melee
Move Speed
: 310
Armor: 18 (+3.5/level)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25/level)
Health Regen: 7 (+.6/level)
Mana Regen: 6 (+.6/level)

Passive - Shock - Whenever Telmas takes damage, he applies a stack of Shock to all enemies in 300 range. Each stack of Shock reduces magic resistance by 8. Max of 4 stacks, each stack lasts 6 seconds. Activates a max of once per second per unique damage source.

Q - Arc Lightning - Telmas releases a short ranged stream of lightning, dealing 40/50/60/70/80 (+.15 AP) damage per second to the target unit for 4 seconds, and arcing to up to 2 other nearby enemies suffering from Shock. Each time the spell arcs, it deals 20% more damage. If the target moves too far away, the tether will break and the spell will stop. Each enemy that dies under the effects of Arc Lightning reduces the cooldowns of his abilities by 1 second.
Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
Cooldown: 15s
Range: 300
Max Tether Range: 450

W - Magneton Rush - Telmas gains 15/20/25/30/35% movement speed for 6 seconds and every second he will leave behind a ball of energy that will deal 25/35/45/55/65 (+.25 AP) damage to enemies that touch them. These balls are attracted the closest nearby foe suffering from Shock (preferring Champions), and will move toward them faster for every stack of Shock they have.
Mana Cost: 60/75/90/105/120
Cooldown: 20s

E - Static - When activated, Telmas takes 10/15/20/25/30 damage per second, but enemies within 300 range suffer 6/8/10/12/14% slow and 10/15/20/25/30(+.1 AP) damage per second for every stack of Shock on them.
Mana Cost: 25/30/35/40/45 mana/second
Cooldown: .5s

R - Overpowered - Passive: Whenever Telmas damages an enemy with full stacks of Shock, he heals 40/60/80(+.1 AP) health, up to a maximum of 200/300/400 (+.5 AP) health per second. Active: Telmas Overpowers his passive and abilities, doubling their areas of effect (or number of targets for Arc Lightning and number of balls for Magneton Rush), and doubling the maximum health restored from Overpowered per second.
Mana Cost: 250
Cooldown: 120/90/60s

So, here's my entry for this thing (

Persequor

08-08-2012

I like this hero, simple, but effective.

For his Q, at levels 2/4 (where the targets dont change), maybe have the range of the bounce increase, i just dont like utility skills where the utility doesnt increase every other level, haha.

i dont like magneton spark, mostly cause i feel its a little bit too close to viktor's ultimate, but its a decent spell. If i had to change this spell, i was thinking some sort of aoe ability that steals MR from targets hit. this makes him deal more damage, and gives him some tankiness (and synergizes with the damage he takes from his E)

E is my favorite spell of the kit, it works with his passive, is flavorful, and overall a great spell.

R is pretty cool as well. it will really make him hurt, and ties his kit together nicely.

very cool champ, death!

(oh, i updated my hero, if you wanna take a look again)

TheDeathstalker

08-08-2012

Honestly on the Q, it's dual scaling (both damage and bounces), so it doesn't really need the scale of 2/2/3/3/4. Probably just there because it's more of a utility reason to level it...

You know, I was gonna remove that scaling, but part of me really likes it. It's not overtly powerful, but it's a nice kickback from leveling it. Yeah, maybe the range increasing with level would work, or something like that. Thank God we've got a couple weeks before numbers, eh?

As for Megaton, yeah. Maybe just make it spammier and into an attracting mine. Couldn't hurt, and isn't actually in league yet (I wonder why...). Yeah, I'll switch that around. Still can keep the same ult effect though (yay splash damage mines!).

Glad you like the E and R though. Oddly enough, E was the last skill I made, which usually makes it cliche or lame, but this one turned out good. Surprise surprise.

Anywho, thanks for the review, and I'll check yours out again in a bit.

ObscureClockwork

08-10-2012

very cool skill
im kinda number-ish person, so i may check back later when you get numbers, but its a very cool concept.

Passive: because i don't know what range he has and such, im assuming he will be an ap bruiser/ad bruiser with pretty much melee range. Pretty much thats the only way he will survive being hit, and be that close

still, i feel the passive range is low. 300 is barely above orianna's W range. im envisioning him as a melee champion due to health reasons. i will review him as such for now

Q: cool, and its a nice skill. it is a potential 4 second CD reduction, which seems really big. i do think spark is too hard to stack at the moment, so its fine, but then that kinda leaves shock weak in itself.

W: Its a cool skill. very single target oriented, and it seems like you really cant control it much
y dont you make it chase a target, but nearby-shock stacks increase its movement speed?
as of now, it seems like a malzahar minion that explodes, and the lack of control seems to be hard to play with.

also, if you are melee, wouldn't you need a way to apply shock to ranged champions? i could envision shock applied to enemies caught int he blast. just a way to make his shock-stacking easier.

E: i think this tells me hes melee. Its a cool move. i dont see anything wrong with it, but it feels very different. you have the bouncing and the mine thing, but then you switch to really low ranged area of effect. there isnt anything wrong with it, champions like shy have stuff like that. but the problem i see is you have no gap closer. that would be a major problem with this skill.

R: very nice effects, dont see anything wrong, and have no numbers to judge

good luck at the contest :P

TheDeathstalker

08-12-2012

Yeah, an AP bruiser was basically what he turned out to be. Probably a melee champ, which actually raises a question of "how will he get into/out of fights". I suppose that could be one of his 'holes' in design that the player must acomplish, but it's a pretty glaring one.... Hrm.

I don't think a 4 second CDR is too big. I mean, Zil has a button that does 10 seconds, so a conditional 4 (or, I think 5 at max level, actually, since it's Main target + 4 bounces), isn't out of the question, especially due to how it's not the easiest thing in the world to keep on your enemy unless you're in their face. I suppose it's not there because I don't have numbers yet, but I intended Q to be relatively short ranged too, just for the sake of it not chaining across all of creation.

W is different, yeah. My thinking was that you'd use it first and foremost like a trap, but have it seek out and hurt enemies that have been Shocked. Basically it would work either as a "don't chase me" mechanic, or a means to not let an enemy escape, either by putting them behind you (so that Shocked enemies chasing you would have to deal with them as you ran) or behind them (so that Shocked enemies running away have to deal with them). I admit it doesn't quite fit the AP Bruiser style he has, and that's probably the biggest issue with it, so it's definitely on the table....

E needs a means to get in there, yeah. I suppose fixing the W to fit a Bruiser and giving him a means to enter a fight are the main needs on this guy right now, and they need to be fixed quickly...

Thanks for the review, I've got a lot to think about.....

EDIT: Actually... I have an idea for a new W that works really really well. Maybe.

Behold: Magneton Rush, a +MS skill that leaves behind the bombs, which can be used well to chase a wounded, shocked enemy, or to just get out of a bad situation. Simple, cool, effective... or so I hope.

Yahtz

08-15-2012

Overview:

Telmas reminds me of a Singed that trades his durability for more offense. (for this review I am assuming Telmas is to fill the same role as Singed; Tanky Mage / Initiator)

---

Passive – Shock

- Love it. Unique passive and really sets the theme for Telmas being an in-your-face type of mage.

---

Q - Arc Lightning

- Assuming it is a linear skill shot.
- If it is, it’s a solid spell, giving Telmas a ranged harass which isn’t bad, but it feels off on his kit, one that doesn’t really help him do his job.
- (Passive is you wanting to take damage and be in melee range; W gives you additional run speed (to either get in melee or to chase runners) and gives Telmas a kind of “Singed” feel to him; E gives him an AoE damage aura for melee ranged; R buffs his spells).

---

W - Magneton Rush

- Gap closer that isn’t a blink. Always a good sign. Like the concept, how often will he leave those balls of lightning behind? How many balls will enemies have to deal with?

---

E - Static

- AoE damage, which is nice, but kind of bland and a bit boring =(
- Also will this be considered “damage” for your passive to proc?

---

R - Overpowered

- Very nice concept, but I feel it needs a maximum stacking amount. Perhaps double the normal? (Hard to say without knowing numbers), but I feel that limitless stacks would make Overpowered overpowered. (Right now I’m assuming – 7 to 8 MR per stack @ 18) with only 13 to 15 stacks needed to reduce 100 MR to 0 making all magic damage effectively “true damage”. OUCH.

As for the bonuses:

- Arc Lightning: How will the Arc’ing work if the primary target is the only one Shocked?

- Magneteon Spark: Hard to say how much this will help without numbers

- Static: Effectively would make your Static no longer cost health. Kind of bland.

---

Closing Thoughts:

- I liked Telmas' Passive, his W, and part of his R
- I felt that Q was a bit out of place in his kit.
- I felt that his E was a bit boring and could be spiced up a bit.
- I felt his empowered spells during R weren't really that stellar and could be spiced up a bit.

At the beginning I mentioned that Telmas reminded me of Singed, but there is a few things that Singed has that Telmas doesn't. Although Telmas has to get up close and personal, he has no Defensive Spells (Singed has Passive - Empowered Bulwark and R - Insanity Potion);

Also Telmas has no CC of any note; I don't know if that is intentional or not. I also don't know if you wanted Telmas to be an initiator or not, but he really has no way to really start a fight or peel enemies off his squishier teammates.

Perhaps for his E you could give it a bonus that increases his armor / magic resist for each shocked target or something;

Looking forward to how Telmas improves and I will keep checking your thread and giving you feedback if you want. If you want to do the same for me that would be great =)

Again, thank you for your feedback on Soon, the Future of Flesh (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2454241&highlight=future+of+flesh)

TheDeathstalker

08-17-2012

Thanks for that epic review. I agree wholeheartedly on the Q, so now it's changed to be a tethered DPS thing (not channeled, but the type of thing that you would really want to get away from him once he's cast it on you).

I'm not 100% on one of the things I did to it, but you can tell me: Is it a bad idea to make a chain lightning do more damage to successive targets? This way you'd have a weak base dps, but it would demolish things around the target. I did this because I changed the CDR effect to be on when an affected unit dies, so it would be backwards to have it kill the targeted unit first, because then you'd never get more than 1s CDR going. I'm more ok with it than I was when I posted it, but there's got to be a better way...

The W I clarified, and it could change, but 1 ball per second for 6 seconds seems reasonable (but numbers are forthcoming, so we'll see on all of that. I hate numbers, I'm so bad with them). Not a minefield, but enough to deny an area somewhat.

The E got a moderate rework. It now deals more damage and slow based on the number of Shock stacks (which, by the way, now only proc's once per second at max, simply because I had to drop the max stacks for the contest, and 4 hits seems way too fast to have full stacks). This is an alright thing to do because, yes, the E proc's Shock. This makes it a very bad idea to stay close to him, and the Q only makes it worse since the slow would make it very hard to break the tether.

The E is still kinda boring, but it's a core component to his design, so it almost doesn't give me much freedom to make it spicy. We'll see though.

The R... yeah. I need a better effect for the E's buff. Honestly, with the rework of it to be based on stacks of Shock, you wouldn't really need to give it anything new, because you'd suddenly slow them a LOT and deal heavy damage. I suppose the slow would have to cap itself somehow, but that's a design challenge for another day. As for what the R does to Q, I reworded it, still probably just as bad, but basically it only hits the target unit, for as many bounces as you've got to give.

I still don't have a defensive skill on this guy, and that's probably not good. I'll see what I come up with. A quick list of what he still needs:

Survivability
Reasonably strong CC
A fun E

Probably more to add to that, but it's a good goal list for now.

Yahtz

08-17-2012

Quote:
TheDeathstalker:

I'm not 100% on one of the things I did to it, but you can tell me: Is it a bad idea to make a chain lightning do more damage to successive targets? This way you'd have a weak base dps, but it would demolish things around the target. I did this because I changed the CDR effect to be on when an affected unit dies, so it would be backwards to have it kill the targeted unit first, because then you'd never get more than 1s CDR going. I'm more ok with it than I was when I posted it, but there's got to be a better way...

Having each bounce deal more damage is perfectly fine imo, just means if Telmas players might want to tether say tanks in team fights and watch as the arcs hurt everyone else more. (Also if you look at Miss Fortune her Double Up deals more damage on the bounce than the initial target).

Quote:
TheDeathstalker:
The E is still kinda boring, but it's a core component to his design, so it almost doesn't give me much freedom to make it spicy. We'll see though.

It happens. Not every spell has to win the "most fun ever" award.

Quote:
TheDeathstalker:
I still don't have a defensive skill on this guy, and that's probably not good. I'll see what I come up with. A quick list of what he still needs:

Survivability
Reasonably strong CC
A fun E

Probably more to add to that, but it's a good goal list for now.

It all depends, if you want him to be tanky you need to give Telmas players a reason to build tanky (Like Ryze gets damage off mana and so he gets Defensive items with mana on it; Vladimir gets health for AP and AP for health; Swain has to be up close and personal to get his ult the max effect; etc.)

A strong CC is nice, however it is not always needed. Nunu can be built as a tanky mage and he has no "strong" CC, just lots of soft CC (slows)

If you can find a way to spice up E that would be pretty good, but not truly needed; (Mundo's Burning Agony is similar, Jayce's Lightning Field kind of)

TheDeathstalker

08-18-2012

I... Think I did it. I not only replaced his Ultimate, but I did it in a way that fulfilled his role. He's got less nuke now, but he's got a strong self-heal, and a wicked awesome effect from his ultimate. Numbers may need tweaking here and there, but I like it for the moment.

I need feedback though, as I probably am just over-excited about the whole thing, and probably over-reached.

Maybe I should change Arc Lightning now to only hit 2 additional targets naturally. That'ld make it's scaling more smooth, and let the ultimate actually matter in team fights (right now, it makes it hit 9 targets, when there are only 5 good ones in any normal team fight). I'll do that right now, actually, because I like that change. Others though, I need others.

TheHobbits

08-21-2012

Review for a review.

Passive - Shock
Each stack of Shock reduces magic resistance.

I like this passive. Simple and effective. I would assume you would want to build somewhat tanky in order to dish out the stacks while you are getting hit.

Q - Arc Lightning
This is not a skill shot right? It looks like an over time channel or something. Im a little confused.
Other than that it works just like lightning arcing to enemies. very nice.

W - Magneton Rush
One question on this. Do minions hit them, or would they be attracted to champions if so?
Something to think about.
Also, how long do they last after being released?

E - Static
You would want to be careful with this not to kill yourself in the process.
The slow is a handy effect for running or chasing though.

R - Overpowered
Passive: Is this granting you permanent boost to health and health regen on those hit with max stacks? Just to clarify.
Active: Now I do like this. The ult itself isn't dealing the damage, but boosting the range (and numbers) on the rest of the moves is neat.

My review isn't nearly as well done as the one you did for me, but i do like you champion. It would be neat to see Telmas and Xerath fight together. Sparks would fly!
Im going to keep my eye on this and its progress.
Hope to see more of you.