The impermanence of death

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by steak style View Post
Renekton, what's it like to kill Nasus and then realize he's not actually dead?
It's distressing, until I realize it means I get to kill him again.

Darkfold

08-10-2012

Morgana is thrilled about the idea of killing Kayle over and over and over again, but i would say for the heroes of a nations not really having any closure to defeat a rival to become one step closer to their dream would be depressing as ****. Everyone has their own reason and everyone has died in LoL, but I think it is as Nasus sees the LoL, petty. Since death has no true end in/during the Lol Matches and winning is the only thing that matters it makes the whole dying thing kinda pointless. Granted i think the champs dont want ultimately since it hurts.

webbut

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfold View Post
Morgana is thrilled about the idea of killing Kayle over and over and over again, but i would say for the heroes of a nations not really having any closure to defeat a rival to become one step closer to their dream would be depressing as ****. Everyone has their own reason and everyone has died in LoL, but I think it is as Nasus sees the LoL, petty. Since death has no true end in/during the Lol Matches and winning is the only thing that matters it makes the whole dying thing kinda pointless. Granted i think the champs dont want ultimately since it hurts.
I would disagree with you on the hero nations. The Ionians were able to stop the war and bloodshed in their land caused by the Noxus invasion and after 2 attempts were able to prevent Noxian occupation of Ionia without having to actually send people off to war again.

Darkfold

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbut View Post
I would disagree with you on the hero nations. The Ionians were able to stop the war and bloodshed in their land caused by the Noxus invasion and after 2 attempts were able to prevent Noxian occupation of Ionia without having to actually send people off to war again.
Sure, i agree with you with Ionian stopping Noxus. But I was thinking of this more on a personal level when i meant the heroes of the nations i meant the heroes themselves. Does Wukong seek joy in fighting and "killing" his master, Yi? Does Darius really want to kill Draven? Surely not, but you do what you have to do since they are controlled by Summoners.

IGotCareless2

08-10-2012

I'm not sure killing Draven is a good example of something someone wouldn't want to do.
I feel like it really would have some... odd effects on people. I think it would probably give Orianna a distorted view of what a normal human is like, at the very least.

Zerglinator

08-10-2012

I seem to remember that one JoJ covered this question. I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: Found it.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...me_1,_Issue_20

“Do the champions of the League receive any sort of psychological shielding from the torments they suffer when on the Fields of Justice? Dying over and over seems rough enough, but the abilities of some champions in particular ( Malzahar, Fiddlesticks, Karthus) seem like they would create lasting mental trauma. I doubt that a Demacian or a Noxian would admit weakness by applying for counseling, but are such services provided to them?” – Tempus Hustle
Most services are made available to champions. They can usually afford the finest luxuries with what is provided by the League, but psychological trauma is actually less common than you might suspect. Champions are subjected to Judgments which test their mental fortitude before they are admitted to the League, and many have overcome extraordinarily difficult trials in their pasts.

Aszrul

10-31-2012

talking about this.. doesn't orianna's lore tells that the real orianna died as a champion? or was it like "training" to be a champion?

oh and also.. the death part is not really important when you have the fact that you can "literally" fight yourself on the fields of justice, as there is no champion selection limit for enemy teams, both teams can pick the same champ and, blam... killception.

WarbossVanZwam

11-01-2012

She died while training, due to taking "unnecessary and dangerous chances, which led to her tragic demise".

I've been curious about how both teams having the same champion works lore wise.