How can I counter Diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rencith

08-08-2012

Before I even start..this is not a QQ thread, but a genuine question, and I seek experienced Brand players to answer please. I main with Brand, as of recent I have found him a very fun champion and I am able to overcome other champs I nevet usually could. However..then Diana came along, with her double ult, slow pull, and god knows what else. I was going 10 and 5 in a 5v5..then diana started focusing me, and I PHYSICALLY could not get her off me. Her ult allowed her to easily manuver around my stun, and my pillar was always interrupted by her pull, then it was gg double ult from there. Since I cannot always depend on a good team to defend me, I need to know some tips on how to stand toe to toe with her in 1v1. My typical build is rylais then rabbadons, however ide be happy to hear any ideas on good counterbuild items for her, also possibly some summoner spell comps and just general tricks to combat her high manuverability. Thank you and have a wonderful evening Summoners, I look forward to your insight.

dracofighter99

08-08-2012

the thing with diana is that she can literally stick to any one champion, so you need to really rely on your tank/support's cc to peel her off you if you can't stun her yourself or burst her down. If anything get an abyssal sceptor since she's ap, and take exhaust. Her main movement comes from her q-r combo, so avoid that q, it's easy to dodge at max length (which isn't long to begin with).

hope this helps

Jinx the Zombie

08-08-2012

Diana shares a lot of the weaknesses Akali has. When it comes to sticking to one target she's incredible. However, 90% of the time she decides to commit she has to do so knowing that she must either zone or kill her enemy. If she doesn't succeed at these things then the chances of her dying can be pretty high.

Some simple things you can do to counteract her are, as said, grab exhaust and build a bit of MR. The vast majority of her damage is magic damage, and by vast majority I mean all of it other than the auto attacks between passive procs. Try your best to avoid her Q whenever she uses it at a distance. Remember that it always arcs in the same direction (I think it's left, but it's nearly 3 am and my brain is mush right now so I could very well be wrong) and that it's relatively slow moving, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Lastly, as I mentioned at the start, try to remember that when she commits it's almost always going to be to zone or kill you outright. Use that to your advantage whenever possible and do your best to land that stun and burst her down as hard as you can when she does come for you.

Sir Panda XVII

08-10-2012

Ok so i play brand alot and i mean alot i would say im the best player or even remotely close but the only way i counter he is alot of mobility and i mean i can't stress that enough. Also it depends durring lane phase i would suggest that maybe you ask some one to pick a jungler with a stun because it is hard to play against her all alone. So maybe get non traditional boots which i know is weird but if you want to play brand against her its the price to pay. Also as stated above cc is the way to go if your going into a game make sure your team caters to all the needs though not just for diana. Personally i suggest taking up fizz i just played against her with fizz and i was extremely well off from the start. But with out the help of my warwicks ult i would have surely lost that battle. With brand though it's tough really tough flash is a must but i would also suggest exhaust for the fact that you can get off your e q w combo if she slow pulls you in. Another tip would be to pick items early game that will help you stay in lane longer prefferbly boots hp pots. This helps because you dont want to let her cs. but really mobility and distance are your advantages i cant tell you anything else. (give fizz a try man people say hes really op and so is diana match made in heaven)

Sir Panda XVII

08-10-2012

ohh wow i meant wouldn't say im the best player now i sound like an ass lol * sorry

Nea De Penserhir

08-10-2012

Pretty certain the Monkey ruins her face. So anyone who could ruin Monkey's face would also ruin her face.

BrawlerRizz

06-04-2013

I just played with a Diana today, and all I can say is harass her early post level 6 since she is melee. Whenever I see her aiming for a minion, I open up a pillar of flame and she just takes it :3. By then, she would know to dodge your w and she will be behind in farming unless she starts spamming q. I got two kills with the Diana I played today before she got to level 6. The early lead helped me build up some magic resistance so by then she starts using her q-r combo on me, I can take on some hits and land my combo her (which is easy since she is right next to you literally). After I get a few more kills, I was taking her q so she would r to me :3, but then she got scared after I got two more kills off her lol

Raiyza

06-04-2013

Kassadin. He can escape her, as well as harass her.
Ryze. He can lock her down as well as harass her.
Casseipoeia. She constantly harass her, and as long as you dodge Dianas q, you can easily keep up the damage.

epicteus

06-04-2013

I dont play Brand, but you need to beat on her pre lvl 6.

after that you need to find a way to help the team withotu 1vs1ing her

lackskills

06-05-2013

I dont really play brand so this is all theory. But from my experience playing vs dianna I have thought ofa good possible reaction plan for you.

Whe or if her Q his you. Dianna is trying to do two things. Set up to commit for a kill or zone you out by making you back out of her range.

After a dianna Q lands on you I would suggest dropping a pillar on yourself. so if she does do a commit she will be forced into damage. And if she waits her q effect will drop off you not allowing her a resetting ult.

But after that you must use your best judgment. I suggest always keeping in mind the best way to disengage from her so you can land a stun.

Maybe after you put your pillar on yourself and she does dash into you to commit for a kill you might be able to flash out and toss your stun ability giving you time to ult and kill or exhaust and escape.

encounters with champions that have gap closers well be extremely fast and you will only have time to do one rotation of damage.

I hope this idea works for you.

If you each we can practice this move.
My IGN Lackskills