Miss Fortune Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XiTro

09-11-2010

For an AD build, would i want: ArmPen, CritChance, or CritDmg marks?

items:
sorcerer
IE
Bloodthirster
Frozen Mallet
Bloodrazer

i'm expecting ArmPen but can someone explain WHY?

Kamirga

09-11-2010

I've been building Miss Fortune like this

Boots 1 + 3 health pots
Manamune(yes i rush it as my first damage item)
BF Sword
Boots 2
Last Whisper/Finish IE/Vamp Scepter(depends on what I need)
Pick a 2nd option from above
Survivability
Last Item from above

I find her early game damage is quite fine that I can easily rush a manamune and not have damage issues early game, plus it completely solves any mana issues i might ahve and adds some very nice damage as the game goes on

Arm pen or crit chance are what you want for runes

************Disclaimer I am NOT a theorycrafter but I HAVE read theory craft and that is what my opinion is based on****************

Lets first disabuse the notion of crit damage. First, it has been theory crafter to contribute less damage overall than arm pen under almost all circumstances and loses effectiveness as the opponents gain armor at a fairly high rate due to percentage reduction, the only champions it could even be argued for(and i still wouldn't buy it) are tryn and critplank because they focus so much on crits, however the math done generally assumes crit to be at 100% just to prove the point so i just wouldn't get it

Arm pen vs crit chance is much trickier though. Arm pen is mathematically stronger than critical strike overall. Arm pen provides more straight damage and that damage is very consistent, it will help you do more damage overtime but that damage will come sustained which in a pvp game isn't always good

Crit chance is however random which is good and bad. Over time it will not provide as much damage as arm pen. However crit provides something arm pen will NEVER provide which is burst. In pvp games burst is king, sustained is pretty much ****, thats why attack speed is such a weak stat, its great for sustained but encounters generally don't last long enough for it to work out and be better. The randomness of it and the burst can make it a very powerful weapon and it will help you get those last shot kills at times which arm pen probably won't

in short the generally accepted choice is arm pen but crit chance is not a bad choice

XiTro

09-11-2010

hm... but miss fortunes Q Wpassive and R never crit.
arm pen it is!!

i just realized this i guess i made myself seem so stupid =(

Dwarfling

09-11-2010

For runes (AD build) I'm using ArPen marks, Armor/lvl Seals, MR/lvl Glyphs, HP quints. I thought about going Dodge seals, but since I try to get a Frozen Mallet as survival item after a BT and I'm not using the defense mastery tree I think I rather get my resistances a bit up instead.