So, orianna vs ahri

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ObscureClockwork

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp EZ View Post
correct me if i'm wrong, but doesnt orianna have a decent range over ahri with her ball? shouldnt be too hard to cs with, especially pre 6.
ori does not have the range advantage, unless ahri walks to her ball, or ori knows how to walk back while Q moves
Q has 825 range?
ahri has 975 on charm, so ahri can engage from further

ahri also beats orianna really badly post-6 with her ult

Admiral Will

08-07-2012

bump

RQ Kiwi

08-07-2012

Pretty passive lane really, neither can walk towards the other without taking free damage. I'd say this is more of a skill lane to be honest.

At 6 though Ahri def has the advantage if she uses ult correctly. You can catch her between ults with your ball, especially with the increased responsiveness.

Also, even if charm does have a 975 range, its not hard to dodge a max range charm.

Admiral Will

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
ori does not have the range advantage, unless ahri walks to her ball, or ori knows how to walk back while Q moves
Q has 825 range?
ahri has 975 on charm, so ahri can engage from further

ahri also beats orianna really badly post-6 with her ult
So just farm then? Because that's what I did. Didn't fall off as bad as if I had tried to beat her though

Valkaire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonse E1ric View Post
Ok, here's the thing. As orianna I lost because I just had no damage against her. Not because I didn't build damage, but because my ult could not hit her.
Then that's your fault for trying to fight. If she was pushing the lane you could have just let her and last hit/farm happily while staying under turret... You should have also been able to harass her easily with just your Q or your Q/W while she was pushing the lane via AA.

Oxidian

08-07-2012

Quote:
Ok, here's the thing. As orianna I lost because I just had no damage against her. Not because I didn't build damage, but because my ult could not hit her.
Learn to ult after she has ulted?

Admiral Will

08-07-2012

Thanks for all the feedback guys, she really was truly terrible. She knew how to use ahri's mobility though. I could get her to half before we even started fighting, but I just couldn't finish her.

ObscureClockwork

08-07-2012

Quote:
y not wait for her to ult then you ult?

generally, if im orianna, and im against ahri, i play really really safe after she gets level 6
its just too risky until maybe level 9?

also orianna can do more than ahri late game. ori may have arguably a stronger late game due to dps, utility, aoe, and burst all at the same time
ahri just is able to burst a team down if they arent careful, so if your team is careful enough, you should be doing more than ahri overall.

if you are not winning against ahri, build hog and kages, then go to chalice/cata
you should catch up to her post 25 minutes, and be ahead of her quickly, and still have the itemization to get CDR, ap, and health. i would recomend changing the hog to rylais if you get that far, otherwise, just keep it
hog can be switched with philo imo, if you like sustain more than flat health

also, you should know, i think ahri is one of the strongest mages, and orianna is not close to that position, at least not in lane.
play accordingly

Hunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

With Orianna, your passive hurts. Everytime Ahri tries to auto attack one of your minions, hit her back - provided you are not losing out yourself.

Zeikei

08-07-2012

Hit them max range Q's as Ahri. Orianna sooooo slow...

But seriously if you hit more skillshots than the Orianna can, you **** on her HARD.

Pushing lane by auto attacking doesn't instantly mean someone is bad. It can be a strategy to level up faster or push the lane (to dive you with minions + jungler help OR to roam/go to base). That being said, in low Elo, its likely that they don't know what they're doing if they auto attack endlessly.