Zyra or Diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlacierFOX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

As the title implies I am looking for opinions on the champs specifically which is more fun to play. Also is the skin package for diana worth it?

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayFOX9224 View Post
As the title implies I am looking for opinions on the champs specifically which is more fun to play. Also is the skin package for diana worth it?
Hey Fox! I think that Zyra and Diana offer completely different play styles! What type of champion are you into?

GlacierFOX

08-07-2012

I really don't have any preferences. I enjoy a wide variety of playstyles. The one thing I can say is that I'm a rather aggressive player!

Neurotoxin60

08-07-2012

From the looks of things Alice he's in to champs that are currently op so people will spend RP on them. Mommy and Daddy didn't give you enough money for both? I would recommend Zyra then, even after he "nerf" she's still better than Diana, Diana is kinda lackluster unless you're fed.

GlacierFOX

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotoxin60 View Post
From the looks of things Alice he's in to champs that are currently op so people will spend RP on them. Mommy and Daddy didn't give you enough money for both? I would recommend Zyra then, even after he "nerf" she's still better than Diana, Diana is kinda lackluster unless you're fed.

I've never been one for "fotm" or "op" I asked which was more fun to play. I haven't been playing league much and was looking for a new champ to pick up. Also, I have a job and am in college. I pay for my own games and spend mostly ip on champs unless they are on sale. Hence asking if the skin was worth it for the bundle.

Super Explosion

08-07-2012

Diana.

More entertaining.

Can do more things in more lanes, and can be very effective with skill.

Zyra is quite linear by comparison, poke poke root jamkeys combo.

Diana requires timing, but in return grants more mobility and survivability, with reasonable poke and burst.

ALSO THOSE PRETTY VISUAL EFFECTS.

PiggySaysWhat

08-07-2012

I'd say if you're aggressive you should go with Diana. She can fit in most lanes. I'd say even a alright kill lane but jungle is her best with viability at mid and top. She's got an Akali style for jumping in and doing a lot of damage. What Akali has in stealth Diana has in tankiness.

Still she's a character that rewards aggression in a way that Zyra doesn't really. Zyra is a lot of fun but, especially with her nerfs, she needs a more reserved playstyle because she can get out of position and eaten pretty quickly. Plus, missing her snare can put you at a huge disadvantage whereas with Diana missing her Q is annoying, but not the end of the world.

Now, her bundle is worth it because the particles of dark valk help make up for the boob window.

GlacierFOX

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Diana.

More entertaining.

Can do more things in more lanes, and can be very effective with skill.

Zyra is quite linear by comparison, poke poke root jamkeys combo.

Diana requires timing, but in return grants more mobility and survivability, with reasonable poke and burst.

ALSO THOSE PRETTY VISUAL EFFECTS.
Her effects are pretty sweet from what I've seen. Do you prefer normal skin or would you recommend going dark valkyrie if I do decide to go with her?

Dante Brimscone

08-07-2012

Personally, I'd wait to see what, if any, nerfs come down on Diana because I'm guessing some will. This is pretty much Zyra Pt. 2 so far. Some say she's OP, others vehemently refute it. Let's see if, in a week or so, the OP crowd starts to get bigger, as it did with Zyra, and Riot decides to come down on Diana. It would suck to buy a champ only to find out 2 weeks later that she's not exactly what you spent 6300IP on.

Even after the nerfs I've seen people playing with Zyra who said they're still really enjoying her. I've even seen some say they like her more now as they think more skill is required to play her effectively. I'm even more interested in Zyra than I was a few days ago because the nerfs actually seem like a positive to me from a challenge standpoint.

Just my two cents.

GlacierFOX

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helexa View Post
I'd say if you're aggressive you should go with Diana. She can fit in most lanes. I'd say even a alright kill lane but jungle is her best with viability at mid and top. She's got an Akali style for jumping in and doing a lot of damage. What Akali has in stealth Diana has in tankiness.

Still she's a character that rewards aggression in a way that Zyra doesn't really. Zyra is a lot of fun but, especially with her nerfs, she needs a more reserved playstyle because she can get out of position and eaten pretty quickly. Plus, missing her snare can put you at a huge disadvantage whereas with Diana missing her Q is annoying, but not the end of the world.

Now, her bundle is worth it because the particles of dark valk help make up for the boob window.
Can't argue with that last part^ I appreciate the responses!