Zyra Nerf

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Russian

Junior Member

08-07-2012

Well, as much as I would like to say Zyra is fun and viable still.. she is not. This nerf was over done by far. I definitely agree that Zyra did need a nerf, but not nearly this much. Her burst damage seems to be non-existent. I don't understand why riot felt this big of a nerf was necessary nor do I understand why this was not to be tested in PBE before actually releasing it. I feel this hotfix was more aimed toward the 2k+ elo players. Zyra is not completely faceroll like other champions, however if you know what you're doing with Zyra she can be very annoying. I have seen many players that are not very good with Zyra. Riot, I love you, but I am kind of sad that one of my personal favorite characters is broken.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaizaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

08-07-2012

she was nerfed? i did not notice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-07-2012

General:
Base movement speed reduced to 300 from 310.
Plant damage for additional plants reduced to 50% from 75% when multiple plants are attacking the same target.
Grasping Roots:
Damage adjusted to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/105/150/195/240.
Stranglethorns:
Damage reduced to 180/265/350 from 200/300/400.
Cast range reduced to 700 from 800.

Her nerfs for anyone who is wondering. They seem more like things to just shut up the QQer whining, I still seeing Zyra pretty often, and they just lowered the base values, AP ratios go unchanged.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
General:
Base movement speed reduced to 300 from 310.
Plant damage for additional plants reduced to 50% from 75% when multiple plants are attacking the same target.
Grasping Roots:
Damage adjusted to 60/95/130/165/200 from 60/105/150/195/240.
Stranglethorns:
Damage reduced to 180/265/350 from 200/300/400.
Cast range reduced to 700 from 800.

Her nerfs for anyone who is wondering.
Have they done it yet or is this still just a next patch promise?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMBlah

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
Have they done it yet or is this still just a next patch promise?
It was released with Diana in a super tiny patch.

And I disagree. I think she's fine. I'm kind of upset that they randomly nerfed her MS because I don't really like to play champs that walk sooooo slowwww, but I guess it makes sense since she can set up traps and such.

She remains a good pick and she continues to offer a lot throughout the entire game (where a lot of other APs have super weak early or late games)

She still farms and clears waves ridiculously easily, she still pushes like Heimer should, and her traps are easy to set up and funny to own with. You didn't even give her a day before you threw her out the door, so how dare you even call yourself a fan of her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aya Shameimaru

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Taking away utility and base damages, just making her less and less viable late game. The ult's damage nerf, understandable, the size, debatable, cast range, argumentative, knock up proc increase, truly truly truly outrageous.
If you're gonna decrease the size, might as well keep the knock up the same or vice versa.

She's not broken or anything, but her ult is really not that useful anymore with opponents smart enough to know how to click away when it pops up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LectroFizz

Junior Member

08-07-2012

I have been playing her since she came out. An i was one of the first to admit they needed to nerf "some" things. But the official forum where the explain it is a joke in itself. Boasting that they wanted to remove her as a burst mage, into a more sustained damage mage. But they nerfed the sustained damage as much as the burst.

They wanted to make her "less safe" to play, but now with the sustain/burst both nerfed, with the MS taken down, people will need to play even safer to a point of being usless laneing just to not get overtaken. I dont understand how they can justify "this" nerf an not the "lack of" with other champs. In example oh i dont know, Darius??????

6300 IP not wasted, but now a less viable champ then i was hoping she would remain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sekkano

Junior Member

08-07-2012

Can someone post the link to where the patch notes are. I cannot find the one with the zyra nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YUSS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-07-2012

Meh shes still fine. She still does lots of damage. And actually.. her multiplant damage got a buff to compensate for the lost q and r damage. I mean her ult is somthing you want to use on people who are already under some form off cc.. it also forces flashes like nothing else-- sides maybe J4s ult. And I've never really been in a situation where her ult ISN'T up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian View Post
Well, as much as I would like to say Zyra is fun and viable still.. she is not. This nerf was over done by far. I definitely agree that Zyra did need a nerf, but not nearly this much. Her burst damage seems to be non-existent. I don't understand why riot felt this big of a nerf was necessary nor do I understand why this was not to be tested in PBE before actually releasing it. I feel this hotfix was more aimed toward the 2k+ elo players. Zyra is not completely faceroll like other champions, however if you know what you're doing with Zyra she can be very annoying. I have seen many players that are not very good with Zyra. Riot, I love you, but I am kind of sad that one of my personal favorite characters is broken.
Oh noes! your OP champ gets nerfed! I guess they aren't viable anymore, and I guess that means you'll just find another OP champ and use them then Q.Q when they get a small nerf and scream that they aren't viable anymore.


12