No Mana Bars? :(

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DUVOIS

07-13-2009

Please add this +1

Rev

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

I'll also cast my vote in agreement. This, in some form, is needed.
I played Soraka over the weekend and the only way I knew to infuse someone was if they said something on vent. Most of them forgot that I could infuse them on top of that. So I had to constantly ask them or listen for people complaining about being OOM.

Is there any way to put this info in for team members only?
I can't say as I like the idea of the other team knowing when I'm extra vulnerable.
Many times I'm able to stay in a lane through the bluff of them not knowing I've got very little mana left. Having to constantly retreat to refill a mana bar to avoid being a ripe target wouldn't be fun at all.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

07-13-2009

+1

Wonderful idea.

Modica

07-13-2009

+1

Luchen

07-13-2009

Yes we want mana bars please <3

micha

Adjudicator

07-14-2009

Quote:
Many times I'm able to stay in a lane through the bluff of them not knowing I've got very little mana left. Having to constantly retreat to refill a mana bar to avoid being a ripe target wouldn't be fun at all.
Hm intresting, i've always my opponents at my target to check their mana, and im checking mana of my opponents on lane very often think this only works vs not so good players, so in my eyes this wouldn't be a disadvantage for you :P

Melphys

07-14-2009

Honestly, as much as I would like to see a mana bar, being able to keep track of your oponent's mana by yourself is one of the things that differs a pro from a rookie. I want to see this game do well in a league environment someday and I think adding ennemy mana bars will only kill the element of surprise...

ex: Ennemy hero spell cost 120, he's at 50, goes missing for a few seconds in bushes or wood LOS, mana pots. Comes back to gank, but you can now see that he has enough mana to cast his spell.

I really dislike having mana bars show up, even for teamates. It's already too easy to keep track of people's mana in this game considering you can have someone targeted at all times and keep full control of your hero.

MrFroho

Adjudicator

07-14-2009

I kinda agree with Melphys. Having your enemies mana bars showing up is not a good idea, keeping track of the situation and being 'mana aware' is a simple factor that separates pros from noobs.

I do however think showing allied mana bars is needed. You really just kind of need a UI option to display little thumbnail portraits of your allies in the corner with hp and mana. It should be toggle-able and have to be turned on initially.

Cobalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-14-2009

+1 I was wondering the other day why this wasn't already in game.

Skaft

The Council

07-15-2009

+1.